Trade Manifesto

3rd party apps as well as many players use poe.ninja for price estimations while poe has a trade site with it's own prices. poe's site "should" be the standard but it's not. why? because it has issues that GGG will not fix. players sit on items in trade for years and this should not be allowed to happen.

are the devs afraid that the economy will collapse from a trade reset? will it offend a player with year old items? who cares? the economy will be fine and will carry on. it will fix many trade issues with a simple reset and all items will be fresh listings. i still get spammed with whispers from league players for items for sale in standard. if the search is for league, the whisper should not be able to send into standard chat and vice versa. super simple filter that gets put into the chat code. i know this for a fact as i have written a chat plugin for my own forum. the player would then get a message in chat saying they can't buy that item from standard/league instead of the message that they are not in your league when you try to invite to party.
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Man, I just spent 1 hour of my life trying to buy fossils. After all the frustration, hand pain from pressing alt tab, ctrl c ctrl v like I'm playing a game made in fucking 2001, I came across this pile of horse shit you call manifesto.
"... and is often quite frustrating to complete a trade" . You fucking know you make us waste our fucking lives in stress and frustration, makes us go through this shit on purpose and think that that's great design. Hey guys, look at the geniuses at GGG.
The only downside you could point to a DECENT trading experience with a store inside the game (so I don't have to run 3-5 external programs) is that it could be abused by automation. First of all, it is abused by automation right now, so nothing would change there. Second, just make the items only purchasable 30 mins after it was posted, and during this 30 mins the item would show to everyone in an auction so everyone can bid on it. If after the 30 mins the item has a bid it would sell to the highest one.
You want to make this piece of shit game playable forever, but this garbage is only playable for the first week in the league, after that all you get is frustration and stress.
Hello! Auction house SOLVED ALL. Scammers,f*cking BOTs and price manipulators......I w8 for this 10years.Last leagues buy items only bots i see max one real player per day.Why is not banned? Manipulation fee in auction reduced items on trade its better for all.
Last edited by Bijousek on May 31, 2021, 8:53:00 AM
The only point that holds is "automation would be simpler". However, bots already plagued the trade to the point that if you list something underpriced then you get a thousand of whispers in an instant.

Trading right now is simple, but awkward, like walking with a rock in your shoe. Yet instead of having an in-game interface for trading we have to alt-tab and/or install 3rd party software to check for prices.

Personally, I go from being excited to play new league to not opening POE till next patch very quickly when I need to alt-tab for hours.

Love the game, but thanks for not listening.
CAN WE HAVE A AUCTION HOUSE, IM TIRED WASTING MY TIME FOR CURRENCY CRAFT.

The trade manifesto is way to many words to simply say, 'we won't want to spend the time and resources to make trading better'.

Did they ever respond to the feedback in this thread?

I feel like GGG wants players to play the game in a certain way. This is fine for me, but it is absolutely disgusting that they force you into their "way of playing" by making alternative ways practically unusable instead of rewarding the players who play the game "as intended".
Last edited by groink19 on Jun 13, 2021, 11:38:45 AM
Nice manifesto, I am quite familiar with game trading mechanics and in PoE stuff works rly fluidly but in an alternative way. Sure many players feel like raging. Specially those fixated with a "Trade based gameplay".

I've seen some pretty complicated stuff in major MMORPG games that makes it more robust and stressful at the same time. GL on your researches.
"
groink19 wrote:
Did they ever respond to the feedback in this thread?

No, they just monitor it to see the growth of madness in people. They're not gonna take any action until player base will drop. But unfortunately they don't realize how many more players would play for longer if the Trade was anything better.
GGG pls start ban bots from very start new league... pls!

each time bots become more and more powerful and affect trade more and more! need to stop them

bcs there no ban waves ppl start use more often bots for trade and farm too! there 2 type bots that only trade (flip bots) and farm bots... pls start ban both! pls GGG!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info