Trade Manifesto

There are only 2 things glaringly off in this game.
1. Trading- People have listed above all the main issues, but to add----its just annoying...I still get all the items I want...I que up about 20 tells and get the item. Or stalk the person with the item I want until they are online and respond. All this does is introduce a clunky mechanic that frustrates new players and annoys old ones. Who does it benefit? The trading bots.

2. Multiplayer mechanics---or lack of them. The party should be able to use 1 portal per attempt. The amount of time and effort it takes to get to bosses is massive...halving my portals while trying to learning a new encounter with a friend is counterproductive. I have a crew of 4 gaming friends who play many different arpgs and this is the ONLY one where we don't group. Honestly, this is the games biggest weakness and the fix is so simple.....1 portal per attempt regardless of party size.

and very annoying to be behind people to exchange item I an action house would help a lot and you would still have boot control if you think people love to go after other people to trade you are wrong ... and the worst thing about the game is the item exchange
Just to add... Having an AH forces ppl to be fair with pricing.. To a random search for anything latish game enabling. Doesn't even have to be all T2 prefixes and ppl have them listed for multi mirrors and won't negotiate to price. It just floods the market with (epeen) sales that never move. Back to the fair part. If their items don't sell you force them to either price fairly or don't post due to the annoyance of the (NoN)seller in question just posting to post and not doing anything but alienate others. Point in case I have spent a week trying to craft my Items for a build I'm working on. No luck so in the same week I am NAGGING mind you everyone for said items as well to no avail. I would love to play the game and see the content but am forced to play a prisoner in my hide-out waiting on other ppl or rng (rng is fine) to get the things I need. It would be one thing if the said rng was drop-related but it's not. It's controlled by the market and markets are run by currency. So what is wrong with players being able to actually use their currency as intended to enjoy the game. Cause as it stands with things now maybe SSF would have just been better due to trading is such a pull teeth system atm and you would have had the option by choice not to have it. Whereas non-SSF is forced into it when they said they wanted the trades. So they try and play non SSF and end up just hating the system as it stands in one way or another. Looking at you map market. Just my take on it I understand both sides but bots are a Company and security problem not for the players to have to be made to pay/deal with. There are plenty of ways to deal with bots and the software that enables them. I kinda have to agree with other comments in this posting it's a lazy excusess. I do mean that in the best of ways.
Last edited by ssgtparker on Apr 23, 2021, 1:29:16 AM
1 line of code to do it is all it would take during league end...

GGG really needs to reset all items listed for trade/sale. trade is flooded with over priced items from 10+ months ago. yes, we can set it so it lists items added 1 day ago. but that don't fix the thousands of items that sit in trade that players leave behind from leagues that are still listed in trade.

i'm not new to the trade system. it has it's pros and cons. but when you have to message 30-40 people to buy something in standard and they are all playing league, or when the league players start messaging standard players for trade, see where this is going? i've seen many players mention in game chat as well as posted online that when they reach a certain point in the game, they stop selling anything that is listed for 5 chaos or less and ignore the trade requests while never removing the items listed. those items never get removed from trade as many of those players do not play standard and that character is left to rot with items still listed

this simple reset should be done every league so the players that leave items in trade to rot will be removed. this would also greatly reduce the load on the database that stores all trade items.

if it's an issue that players might not like that happening... when did GGG care what players liked or not lately anyway?
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Why not do both?

Make Trade Easy with automatic buyout, without the need to hideout jump and whisper, and keep the way of trade like it is now as the barter option for people who are involved in trade and maybe like the item for a cheaper price/without the fee's.

Just having that option would help many people.

Buyout trading:

Have a way to list items for a fixed price/duration, that gets auto-traded without the need to be present or even online. Have a cost assotiated with buyout trading(market place fee/listing fee), to have a way for people to engage with trading without the hassle to go trough the massive time investment of barter trading.

Maybe limit(buyout)this to a number of items you can list a day/a week so the system does not get flooded with low ticked items and maybe tag items so it cant be immediatly price fixed or retraded to limit bots.

You would only have to invest the time to price items you think would be selling, or the time to search and buy the item without having to tab.

Barter trading:

Have a way to contact the the seller to trade the classic way without fees and costs. Maybe have the option for the seller to enable/disable this on listing.This would not limit players who like to engage with the game this way, but would not shutout players who do not like the system. If you want to max you profits you have to invest in this.

I think this would make price fixing harder.

What it would mean for me:
When i trade its only when i have a hightricked item I want to sell or 1 maybe 2 items I buy a league that i cant find on my own. I dont care if the item I want is gated behind a higher price if it would be hassle free, than i have a goal i can set myself.

But the way it is now with whispering 1-15 people for one item, while having to tab out each time and not playing the game takes the fun and time out of it for me.

I like the game, but I like to play instead of staring at my browser, or getting whisper for trade having to stop playing, searching my stash and all of that.

Trading is not an enjoyable social interaction right now most people dont even text you, you pm -> you get invited -> Hideout switch -> you wait for trade -> you trade -> you get kick or leave after trade -> you switch back.

Having these options would improve the game for me tremendously and i am in no way the top 10% my highest level was 90 and i usualy cant afford to play the game for more than 3-4 weeks or 1-2 characters before i move on till the next league because of work or other commitments.

Hope I could present my views to you.
I don't know what the absurd are written in this "manifesto".
And why the Chris's decision are stole MY time and MY enjoining from game?
And do not leave choice

1. Why Chris are thinking, that POE is in despite of all other MMO, where works a NORMAL AuctionHouse. POE - it's just ONE-of-OTHER great TOP-10 mmo-games.

2. Why Auctions works very well in all of other games? And why it won't work in POE?

3. Every of free markets on Earth already reached their balance Supply-Demand. In every of other MMO-games - this also works. It's - basis of economy. Why Chris thinking that POE have other way? All the same.

4. In GuildWars2 (it second greatest mmo-game according to rating MMORPG.com) - all (!!!) of items are capped for last 8 years. Already players reached this Cap in 1-3 month. But mostly of players still play GW2 for many years.

5. In POE - the same - we all are returning to POE every 3 months.

6. Why I must to spent MY time?
MY time!
To do absurdic spam of all other players, instead of play?

7. Why I must to break my enjoying in Mapping, and return to HO to trade? 100 times daily. It's NOT fun!

PS
In GW2 - one of the best AuctionHouse.
Because have both: WhantToSell and WantToBuy.
It's incredibly very, very, very convenient for players.

I stop playing WOW, and changed to GW2, because:
WOW - is master to stole MY time. Every time when I do something. Grinding (20 seconds for kill one mob), transportations (10 minutes to fly over all maps), craft (pause 1 second when melting 250 ore), trading (money come after one hour), awaiting to find a party (40-120 minutes)...
Everything what the WOW doing - its how to prolong my time, because they sell a monthly subscription.

And it's disgusting.
To stole time of 200k or 300k of yours players.
How much time I spend?
Tens of hours!
Multiple to 100k of players, every of three months!
You are thinking, what the size of your contribution to global warming?
Because you stole MY time and time of other people, and do not leave choice to me (

Chris, you must to know - you stole MY time
Every time when I buy or sell something.

Finaly, you must to do a normal automated AuctionHouse, similar to ALL of other TOP-MMO games.
Last edited by SantaClaus1024 on Apr 29, 2021, 7:20:05 AM
You should play your own game sometimes. Pick up thousands of currencies one at a time with small stacks quickly filling up your inventory. Convert those currencies at vendor NPCs, one at a time, then try to trade them for chaos and exalts. Whisper 10 people to conclude one trade. Repeat every other day. Top gaming experience. Would I recommend your game to my friends? I'd show them this manifesto.
95% of the game is just trying to trade stuff, just because of the design of the trade system. The rest 5% is actual gameplay.

Almost no one answers trades, because either they are in a different league, they are AFK, they are in a map/boss fight, etc.
Many of the times they also choose not to answer, just to drag down the prices of items, which is completely ridiculous.

Just add an auction house to the game, because the current trade system is like getting stage 3 cancer.
You are wasting EVERYONES time with the current system.

I wonder if you want this system to be like it is because it makes players HAVE to be online to trade, which makes the steam charts look much higher than they actually are.
I doubt more than 10% of the players actually play the game instead of just standing AFK in their hideout waiting for trades and doing something completely different (like watching a movie or playing another game).

Players that don't want an auction house can play SSF.
I've been playing PoE all weekend, trying to find some items to improve my character. After spending 15 minutes trying to find the perfect item to buy, guess what happens 90% of the time? The person doesn't respond. So I ponder long and hard whether to buy the second-cheapest item, which costs twice as much. Aaaand... They don't respond. I can whisper 20 people before anyone answers. The trade site is lying to us. The items listed are not actually for trade. The experience is disheartening.
There are many possible solutions to avoid that kind of problems. I think solutions should be considered. Examples:
Allow players to set up shops where we can purchase items without waiting for the other player. Hold people to their prices while the item is listed. It should not be acceptable for a person to list an item for a price and then not sell it for that price.
Allow items to be listed only for X days before they are automatically unlisted.

If the main argument against easier trading is bots, then you should work harder to stop bots instead of making regular, innocent players pay for this design mistake with our limited time.

Last edited by dino572 on May 9, 2021, 4:25:14 PM
If there is a tab to sell, why isn't there one to buy? The basic idea is that every time someone registers an item in the premium tab, this item generates a unique code. When the person who wants to buy this item, they only have to copy and paste the code in this new purchase tab that I mention, so once they drag the item from this tab to their inventory, the amount of currency is automatically deducted from their inventory. GGG wins with the new tab and I think we do too by avoiding the suffering of buying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info