Trade Manifesto

Beginning to feel that trade and farm Bots are somehow encouraged.
i wonder if GGG is behind the bots. using them to try to control the economy. it's obvious when a bot is involved in a trade and easy to spot so banning them should be a very simple task. but no, GGG just lets them run free.
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
Chris wrote:
While easy trade sounds great on paper, there are some important considerations!

Let me break down this corporate speak for the rest of you who are scratching your heads. The underlying theme I'm getting from this post is that they don't have enough resources (not the best excuse atm considering their yearly profits) or the patience to provide a better trade system without making the drop rates of items worse across the board. It would be really interesting to see an official poll to see how many players would prefer a better trade system at the cost of having worse drop rates in order to make it work. I think Chris himself knows deep inside that it's possible, but they're so fixated on constantly pushing out new content, that they can't take the time to sit down and figure out how to make it work. Kripparian even said in this AMA https://youtu.be/Z-GocRIyVpQ?t=1949 at 32:30 "I like PoE's economy IF people would be bound to trading an item when you message them" and goes on to say that one of the biggest problems he sees with PoE is the trading.

Others even mentioning "Auction House" get crucified on here, yet there are other automated trade systems in games that can make the process of trading more convenient instead of just making item acquisition too easy. The devs and even some players on here can't even distinguish this and so we're left with people thinking making improvements to trade is some slippery slope. Even that aside, I'm tired of people having this stigma with auction houses because if it's actually done right, it can be one of the best QoL improvements to the game. It's the players and devs themselves who are so used to a certain way of the game being played that they're too scared to switch anything up or even try. Look at how long it took them to even put tab affinities into the game and look at how positively it affected the experience of playing the game when you cut down the time organizing your items and instead get to enjoy the fun aspects of the game. They're so scared of "making the game too easy", that they couldn't even keep deterministic crafting in the game, when even this was possible to keep in the game had they figured out a better solution than just removing all the crafts that were useful.

What you have in the game right now for trading is an embarrassment considering today's standards. What reasonable person finds it enjoyable to have to constantly leave their maps, contracts, labs, etc. just to make a trade that people end up leaving. Or when you're forced to go to someone's hideout for a trade and end up lagging out or crashing because the player thought it'd be funny to make a max decoration limit hideout. Players not responding to trade messages, price fixers, changing their price last second, and all on top of having to leave your portal in a map or whatever else you are focused on. I would love for Chris to experience all of this for a league if he tried not playing ssf for once. Then he can come back and understand why people have been complaining about this for years. Maybe then if they experience it first hand they can at least start experimenting with something better for a trade system, even if it does come at the cost of lower drop rates for items.
You are completely right, but the way poe devs responded to harvest thingy and other stuff. I can't just give a fck about this game anymore, especially with lost ark and other games on the horizon
No batter trading no more money i am done whit this game until we have a sensable trading system our batter drops.
Boa noite,

Hoje, minha opinião, o trade pode continuar como está. Porém a única coisa que eu queria era que, quando eu fizesse a oferta no trade (console) o aceite fosse automático.

#1 Porque às vezes o player está em um mapa e não pode sair no momento para aceitar a oferta.

#2 Porque às vezes o player está AFK.

#3 Porque MUITAS vezes o player está manipulando o mercado para benefício próprio, enchendo o trade com itens e valores baixos que ele não tem intensão de vender, e sim fazendo com que jogadores inexperientes vejam os valores (falsos) no mercado e venda seus itens baixo para o player que está manipulando o trade. Pois ao enviar a oferta para estes players eles simplesmente recusam, mesmo você colocando a quantidade correta do monetário.

#4 Colocando aceite automático no trade dos consoles, estes manipuladores não colocariam mais itens sem intenção de venda pois os mesmos seriam entregues automaticamente ao comprador uma vez que fosse checada a quantidade e a currency corretamente. Desta forma o Trade ficaria mais preciso e somente com os itens que realmente estão à venda.

#5 Por fim nós jogadores de consoles ganharíamos tempo para realmente aproveitar o jogo como ele merece. Ao invés de esperar 10, 20, 30 minutos para o vendedor aceitar minha oferta.
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
i wonder if GGG is behind the bots. using them to try to control the economy. it's obvious when a bot is involved in a trade and easy to spot so banning them should be a very simple task. but no, GGG just lets them run free.

I think the same, did they ever said anything about the bots?
Not sure
"
Phugst0r wrote:
I think the same, did they ever said anything about the bots?
Not sure

it seems that reporting bots does nothing. even when that bot is just a random number generated name in the game that can trade basically a full inventory of currency items faster than i can click the 2 stacks of exalts to pay for it. on top of that, they add you to party almost instantly and the trade popup is already up when the screen loads their hideout.

now i know there are humans out there that are fast, but i honestly think a mouse would melt at the rate they can click. and who can honestly count that fast when it's not all full stacks?

are there bots in the game running rampant? yes

does reporting them do any good? not by the looks of it
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
The problem with website trade and its 3rd party tools; I have to use PoE on windowed fullscreen. I can't afford that for performance concerns. I fade away trading slowly because it was going to hard for me but better for others because better 3rd party tools. Finally, Here I am, full time SSF player. Trade was one of major reason to me play SFF. I am still expecting in game trade website for long time.
"
spaceace7373 wrote:

it seems that reporting bots does nothing. even when that bot is just a random number generated name in the game that can trade basically a full inventory of currency items faster than i can click the 2 stacks of exalts to pay for it. on top of that, they add you to party almost instantly and the trade popup is already up when the screen loads their hideout.

now i know there are humans out there that are fast, but i honestly think a mouse would melt at the rate they can click. and who can honestly count that fast when it's not all full stacks?

are there bots in the game running rampant? yes

does reporting them do any good? not by the looks of it

+1

only more and more bots after every league... its only worse and worse
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info