Trade Manifesto

This weekend i've found a nice abuse of such fictional trade that POE have. It's quite simple and if more ppl will use it, the faster GGG will come to an idea of auctionhouse or trade stall

All what you need is at least 3 persons:
1) The first one places some nice items at much lower price than the market: say... 2-3 lots for 5-7 chaos instead of 15.
2) Second person place items at a bit higher price - 8-10c. They both don't sell anything to anyone.
aaaaaand here it comes:
3) Third person monitors market and buyout almost any lot placed on over the lowest possible price - if someone wants to quick-sell something without need to monitor the market.
Later, 3rd person sells items by the market value, making 2 times profit.

And that's it. "Trade is important' system ruined. It's abused by players how don't want to trade at their price at all, but they use it to buy everything below real market value.

Trade system needs to be changed to FACT-Trading. If i named price on an item to 1c instead of 1ex - it should be sold to anyone, who paid 1c at the trade-stall.

Trade system should be done in a way of Lineage. Players opens a market in their hideout and place a stall, where anyone can come by and buy an item at the named price.

STOP ABUSE!
Last edited by Wedlor on Sep 17, 2019, 1:27:52 PM
+1
"
ligong2 wrote:
Few changes in the trade system that could improve it a lot.

1: we can search for an item without leaving the game (alt-tab), see who's selling it and if the player is afk or not (ie : if he doesn't move for more than 2min, consider him AFK). No more trade site. We shouldn't have to leave the game to buy something.

2: if you whisper someone and he can't answer (delve, lab, breach, legion, incursion), let us know!
-player : Hi, i would like to buy your tabula rasa for 17 mirrors.
-automatic response : *seller* in in delve.

3: trade should works like this for league :
First week, nothing change. You have to whisper the player and move to his hideout (jesus, WHO thought this was a good idea?!).
Second week : items worth less than 15 chaos can be freely traded without visiting the seller's hideout (a message appears : *someone* bought your *item* for 5 chaos)
Third week to the end of the league : all items worth less than an exalt can be freely traded.
It would also (greatly) help those starting the league late. No one will bother leaving a red map for 1-2 alchemy.

4 : with the incoming change to the masters missions, it will be possible to log in and do 15 incursions and 10 zana missions in succession. Make it possible to disable trading when doing lab/league/master missions:
-disable trading
-enable trading
-enable trading : minimum price -->
buyer - hi, i would like to buy your tabula rasa for 17 chaos
automatic response - the player is in delve and has disabled trading for item worth less than 25 chaos.

"
ligong2 wrote:

1: we can search for an item without leaving the game (alt-tab), see who's selling it and if the player is afk or not (ie : if he doesn't move for more than 2min, consider him AFK). No more trade site. We shouldn't have to leave the game to buy something.

2: if you whisper someone and he can't answer (delve, lab, breach, legion, incursion), let us know!

First week, nothing change. You have to whisper the player and move to his hideout (jesus, WHO thought this was a good idea?!).
Second week : items worth less than 15 chaos can be freely traded without visiting the seller's hideout (a message appears : *someone* bought your *item* for 5 chaos)
Third week to the end of the league : all items worth less than an exalt can be freely traded.
It would also (greatly) help those starting the league late. No one will bother leaving a red map for 1-2 alchemy.

4 : with the incoming change to the masters missions, it will be possible to log in and do 15 incursions and 10 zana missions in succession. Make it possible to disable trading when doing lab/league/master missions:
-disable trading
-enable trading
automatic response - the player is in delve and has disabled trading for item worth less than 25 chaos.

I really like the idea for #3. That sounds really awesome. Or like others have brought up, having a trade stall in your H/O that can sell your items.
I suggest that GGG can add trade market mode just like adding SSF mode. The systems should make the search and the trade process easier for players who want engage in trade. Don't worry about the consequences of easy trade, the players who don't want the risk can choose normal mode. But GGG still need to keep improve the trade system instead of making the search process harder.
Anything other than a full trade, which mean that you can trade items even if you are offline, lets be real sucks.

For example like SWTOR, you open GTN, search for the item you want, there is a price on it, you click on ot, its ask again if you want to buy the item, you buy it, and the item is into your email box.
In POE we don`t have email box, but its not that hard to make 1, that is specific for trades for both buyers and seller.
Or simply make special stash for both party. The ones that will receive the item in special stash and the other one that will receive the currency.
Come on we are in 2019. The trade in this game is outdated by many years and its pain in the **** and make me stop playing the game(as well with few other things).
Right now you lose plenty of times trying to trade, and most people dont have that much free time and to be wasted on exactly nothing.
Also a lot of items you like and wanna buy, but the buyer is offline and you don`t know when he will be back and if he will come back.
The other big problem is new league comes out, and you are playing standard for example. You are typing and the guy said he cant come to make the trade, because he is playing in the league and either don`t want to leave the game, reload and trade or simply said i`m playing a league now, don`t know what the prices are in standard i`m not selling, and you are like wtf, then why in the blue hell you listed the item at first place?
Not to mention the people who are trying to kill the prices and put offer way below normal price, and just not trade the item/currency and not respond.
And there is many more drawbacks, that are really pain in the a***, and i would said there is not a single benefit of the current trade system.

I`m waiting for 4.0 and i hope they change and fix a lot of things, or i would still be away from the game playing other games.

One way to help reduce price fixing would be something like: when the person receives 5 messages to buy the item and the item still available, the item gets unlisted and gets a cool down for like 30min to be allowed get listed again.
Last edited by hamilcarTHC on Nov 18, 2019, 5:45:04 AM
"
hamilcarTHC wrote:
One way to help reduce price fixing would be something like: when the person receives 5 messages to buy the item and the item still available, the item gets unlisted and gets a cool down for like 30min to be allowed get listed again.

Yay, punishment for everyone who does lab or delve runs
"
ligong2 wrote:

-disable trading
-enable trading

I'd unfortunately have to disagree with most of these points, though I can understand many players wanting the trading system to be more streamlined and easier.

The GGG devs have stated many times that making trading a time consuming and more difficult part of the game is intentional and I like it this way.

There have been many other games that have buckled to players wanting auction house style trading and it actually cheapens the game and ruins the immersion imo. Making trading a "face to face" only system and keeping some added inconvenience to it makes it more real and gives added value to getting those really nice items you want. I know it may sound dumb but I genuinely believe unlimited and instantaneous trading would wreak havoc on the game. Please devs, you've made the right choice here!

I know that it feels bad sometimes when trading seems far more cumbersome than it possibly could be, but it is intentional and it serves to give value to your time and choices in game.

However, I do agree there could be some sort of trade search system built in to the game somehow. If it was done right this could be a good thing, to avoid all the alt-tab spam.

Price fixing also does feel a bit bad, and a system to combat that like how you've suggested sounds like a good idea.
"
Jimmos7 wrote:

There have been many other games that have buckled to players wanting auction house style trading and it actually cheapens the game and ruins the immersion imo. Making trading a "face to face" only system and keeping some added inconvenience to it makes it more real and gives added value to getting those really nice items you want. I know it may sound dumb but I genuinely believe unlimited and instantaneous trading would wreak havoc on the game. Please devs, you've made the right choice here!

Its a game about animals/demons/humans and other monsters magically dropping loot they didn't carry when you slay them in the most violent ways and you think your immersion is endangered when you have an auction house? ^^'

Besides...humans trade since prehistoric times.

I dont necessarily need an auction house, but an NPC who sits in your h/o with the stuff you want to sell where you can buy like from every other NPC?
It would still include traveling, and face-to-face trade but wouldn't require the presence of the seller.
"
Tyrion2 wrote:
"
hamilcarTHC wrote:

Yay, punishment for everyone who does lab or delve runs

If you are putting an item too cheap because you want to sell it fast doesn't make much sense going into a lab run, if not too cheap probably would not reach the threshold. Delve runs are quick besides deep aul. I have never lost a sale while delving, just reply "1 min plz" and got it done after.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info