Trade Manifesto

I think you should just prioritize implementing a system to prevent automated trades by bots. For example, requiring a captcha code to confirm any trade or item search.

"
Easy trade reduces the number of times a character improves their items.
Totally untrue. For example, I kind of give up playing most of the time due to how difficult is to trade in this game. People don't bother for 1c/1a trades or even higher if they're mapping, people are AFK, or do price fixing, etc. An in-game integrated trade system would allow for all those items you put for sale at 1alc/1c to be sold without you needing to leave maps or leveling, and so on. To prevent bots from searching or performing trades, a captcha code should be required when searching for items or confirming trades.

"
Easy trade means reducing drop rates
That would be a much welcome change, as the drop rates, especially on worthless items, are way too high and it leads to clutter and all this 'item filter' nonsense which has been going on for quite some time, when this situation shouldn't have existed in the first place. There's no point in low tier items to drop on higher levels and further, the item quantity of garbage items is absurdly high. There should be a linear progress in item quality/rarity vs item quantity as you move to higher level areas, for example in a lvl 60 area, the item quantity of white items would be drastically lower than in a lvl 30 area, but the item quantity of rares, uniques, currency and high level crafting whites should slightly increase.

"
Easy trade allows for greater abuse by automation
Again, the solution is very simple, just put in place a good 'human verification' system that can't be completed by bots.

With all that said, I'm patiently waiting for the day when an Auction House would be implemented in this game..
"
For example, requiring a captcha code to confirm any trade or item search.

"
just put in place a good 'human verification' system that can't be completed by bots.

I'm not sure whether measures to do this will be effective enough.

"
"
Easy trade reduces the number of times a character improves their items.
Totally untrue.

Anecdotal, but it has that effect for me. I spend more time trying to find the most appropriate item, than trying to scale bit by bit. It's conjecture to say it does one or the other on the whole because we just can't get the data to see that.

"
With all that said, I'm patiently waiting for the day when an Auction House would be implemented in this game..

Here here! I want a decent one, so I can spend more time playing than waiting for people to reply or going out of portals to complete trades.
I feel like this thread is a dead horse designed to just let the community "feel" like they're having input on this.

That said...
Looking at an older game, that had a successful trading system that was built largely around external aggregates and compilation sites; Ragnarok's trade mechanic was a core element of the game. And similar to PoE, almost all of it was facilitated through data mining and websites to search the listings.

While Ragnarok did have an official Auction House, it was rarely/never used.
Players sold their items through their own shops via "pushcarts", which were effectively the equivalent of the Stash in PoE.

Just input/store your items in your pushcart; Set a price (pretty much identical to Public Stash Tabs); then just walk away, go play on your main character...do whatever.

Players search a supplemental website for the item they want.
They see that you are selling one for a price they like.
They physically travel to your shop in game (go to your hideout in PoE).
They click open your store.
They drag the item into their purchase screen.
System does a currency check,
If all things are agreeable, they click buy, and the system swaps the item/currency.

PoE seems to be one step shy of having this system, innately.

Just do a small patch, allowing players to open other players' Public Stash Tabs in game, and the rest can sort itself out.

If I've already put my item in my Public Stash Tab, and denoted a price that I'm wanting to sell it for...
Another player could just visit my hideout, view my Public Stash Tab, and deposit the established amount of currency.
And voila! I've got my money. They've got their item. I don't need to physically be there for it to happen.

It prevents all the price fixing. It negates the need for *most* of the bots. It still requires some effort by the player to go and track down the item. Players in the middle of a Lab...or offline even, can still do their thing without interruption...

I'm sure there are some issues that GGG has that prevents them from implementing something like this...but they seem to have 95% of this already implemented in the current game.
And from a player standpoint...it puts checks in most of the boxes, without disrupting the current trade tracking/finding sites out there.
Last edited by SatosPoE on Dec 3, 2019, 8:45:41 PM
The impression I have from this thread is:

- In favour of changes to trade: Legitimate players

- Against changes to trade: Players who use trading bots and "own and manipulate" the market
"
m3lt wrote:

- Against changes to trade: Players who use trading bots and "own and manipulate" the market

Deppends. I for one that hate the trade system atm but cant see how they can improve without breaking it or making easy for bots to run the market... Any form of easier trade will make it easy for automated programs to buy and sell stuff and ofcorse there is the problem of everything losing value.

So yeah I want a better system but I dont know how to do it and between this mess and an action house bot paradise I prefer this mess...
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
"
m3lt wrote:

Deppends. I for one that hate the trade system atm but cant see how they can improve without breaking it or making easy for bots to run the market... Any form of easier trade will make it easy for automated programs to buy and sell stuff and ofcorse there is the problem of everything losing value.

So yeah I want a better system but I dont know how to do it and between this mess and an action house bot paradise I prefer this mess...

That is probably right. Most of the bots are faster to respond than regular players. When i do lab runs i ignore requests most of the time.
"
m3lt wrote:

I believe you're on to something here.
IF or WHEN ggg start to delete bots it wll fix most trade problems
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

That's not even the biggest issue with trading right now. You know what is? The trade system itself, people not bothering to honor 1alch/1c trades after the start of a league. And price fixing.
These 2 issues could be fixed by removing seller's need to confirm fixed price offers. Like others pointed out before, you could just join the seller's hideout and instantly buy the items from their stash. This will also make price fixing impossible, since items set at lower prices would be bought instantly.
"
hdvlad wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

That's not even the biggest issue with trading right now. You know what is? The trade system itself, people not bothering to honor 1alch/1c trades after the start of a league. And price fixing.
These 2 issues could be fixed by removing seller's need to confirm fixed price offers. Like others pointed out before, you could just join the seller's hideout and instantly buy the items from their stash. This will also make price fixing impossible, since items set at lower prices would be bought instantly.

Only problem I see in this is bots will be able to insta buy things to re sell. Offline/auto trade (action house) will make things worse like we see in every single game that use the system...

We dont have a better system cause they dont know how to fight/stop bots and rmt. These 2 issues are the cancer of any loot based game and culprits are the players that want to progress fast or want to be "better" than others and buy things on the black market. As long there is a profit to be made there will be bots abusing it. Sad reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info