Trade Manifesto

"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
Everything said in this manifesto reads like shit excuses to me.

I recommend reading it again, then, but more slowly.
"
Vrotappel wrote:
The most frustrating, irritating part of this game.

Most relevant answer of this thread.
Hf :)
That trade website is nice idea
Works good atm

good work guys
I believe the implementation of better trading allows for more people to enjoy the game, because let's just think about this:

If trade systems are good:
- Traders play more because they can trade freely
- Players who like to trade can trade and be happy
- Players who do not like to trade, can choose not to trade or play SSF

If trade systems are bad:
- Traders cannot trade and will quit or play much less
- PLayers who like to trade will quit or play much less
- Players who do not like to trade will continue to not trade or play SSF

So, as you can see, taking away the choice for players will result in a negative impact to the game.

Make trading better, it will make the gamers happy and those who do not wish to trade, well... they will keep not trading or will continue in their SSF environment.
I think the system is 90% of where it should be. For me I think the one change they need to add is rather than trading player to player instead you find the item on the trade site, go to the players hideout and access their stash, take the item you want out for the buyout price asked (you only get to see publicly viewable stash tabs, not all).

It still has some difficulty/work involved to trade but takes out the whisper 50 players requirement/frustration.
Create an MTX “Automated Merchant” and sell it for XYZ Coins.

Selling with “Automated Merchant” requires a Currency Stash Tab and at least 1 Premium Stash Tab.

“Automated Merchant” can only manage 1 Premium Stash Tab by default but additional management licenses can be bought for YY Coins per Premium Stash Tab or 4x YY Coins per Premium Quad Stash Tab. Special management licenses for Map Stash Tab, Essence Stash Tab, Divination Stash Tab and Fragment Stash Tab can be sold at ZZ Coins per tab.

Items in managed tabs are listed as being sold by @PlayerName#Auto and trade site gets a filter to search for “Automated Merchant” items only.

Buying from “Automated Merchant” requires a Currency Stash Tab.

When sending a correctly formatted whisper to “Automated Merchant” it will bring up a trade windows with the item from the seller and the currency from the buyer. All items and currency are grayed out in the trade window and can’t be changed in any way, the only options are Accept and Cancel. Accepting the trade automatically transfers the currency from the buyers Currency Stash Tab to the sellers Currency Stash Tab and the item from the sellers Premium Stash Tab to the buyers inventory.

Create an MTX to upgrade “Automated Merchant” to work when the player is offline and sell it for ZYX Coins.

GGG makes a lot of money and players have an automated trading system.

Anyone familiar with the market in the MMO game Atlantica? Best trading environment of any game I've ever played.

Features of the market:

- No direct interaction between players.
- Can sell items whether online or offline.
- Set a price on an item, and the price decays over time.
- Unsold items (where price decays to zero) are flagged ... (for the purposes of POE, could set an option to have these auto-vendored)

Something that everyone should bear in mind ... it may be the case that GGG doesn't want to grease the wheels of the market. An inefficient market equates to more stash tab sales for them. LOTS MORE! I had more than 40 stash tabs prior to Delve, yet ended up buying another 6 premium stash tabs to handle sales (or lack there of). If the market were more efficient (particularly with decaying prices), I would have definitely NOT NEEDED the additional tabs this league.

Personally, the two features I would most like to see for POE:

- Self-service trading (no more direct interactions ... sell items online/offline)
- Decaying prices (reverse auction)

Self-service interactions feel like a must. I sincerely hope they're not dragging their feet on optimizing trade as a way to increase tab purchases... Unfortunately, trading feels like a real weak point in an otherwise sterling game.

Maybe make people buy a Trader Tab. One tab where the trade system can be executed. They can make it as large or small as they see fit in order to increase or decrease the ease of trade. I do understand the developer's feelings concerning trade making the game too easy / quick to complete, but they can't let that stop them from improving a massively unpopular / clunky system.
Last edited by TailsJMU on Oct 23, 2018, 4:07:52 PM
I try to buy an item
This guy is online and dont want to answer.
Why he list that item?
why dont woant to sell?
Why this game allow such a thing? because is not my first time when sellers do that.

They should rework this entire system not to find excuses.
Absolutely. To me this is the first thing that need to be done, when looking for improvements.
Right now it`s pain in .....
I lose so much time in trading, its just killing my joy.
You wispering, and wispering and wispering, and waiting and so on.
Also when you are in lab, you can`t trade. Also you have to cut what you are doing in the moment, to go back home and so on. In Zana map you have to make them wait or so.
Also you searching and find the item you want to buy, but the guy is offline, you waiting with days and days, and in the end, you may lose that item, or the seller to refuse to sell or something else. Also you lose other items you may like, simply because you are waiting for item, that you are not sure if its still for sale, if he would like to sell or so.
Losing so many items that way. Losing so much time in trading, its not fun.
I really like MMO system, for example SWTOR, and it`s galactic market.
You listed a item for hours/days and that is. If the item/s are sold, you get a note by a ingame msg/e-mail.
You going in the galactic market, listed what you search, you find the item, click it, and you buy your item for no time, exactly the same as you sell them.
It simply doesnt matter if the player is online/offline.
There is also a player acc, so if the player is online and you want to buy the item cheaper, you simply type to him and you two work it out.
This is the best trading system that possible could be.

Because of the crafting, that include so much RNG, and mostly not worth crafting, unless you are mad rich, this game include a lot of trading, and we are losing so much time in this.
Sorry but something has to be done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info