Trade Manifesto

I have to agree with many of the latest comments here:

1. automatic trading is essential when it comes to such type of game

It's just a waste of time to get back to our HideOut all the time, and people who cannot be logged in long enough / day lose out a lot of opportunities to make upgrades.

Perfect items sometimes are not possible to hunt down, as other players are AFK, offline, or do not reply. So you lose time and items during the way, or have to be online all day and refresh trading site. I can do this as I'm working from home, but still I just do not want to distract myself from my daily life tasks checking a game every 20 minutes or so. And for 95%+ of the players it's even worse.

Learning from the most successful mobile games currently, the trend is that people LOVE to make money (currency, loot boxes, whatever) while they are sleeping or logged out.

2. Auction House / Real-money auction house

There had to be statistics from GGG's side and they might learn form the past experience of Diablo 3 - however I was among the few who LOVED the fact that real-money could be made in a game. I'm still unaware why the whole setup failed (someone could answer me), but I would be 10000x more willing to play if I could make some real-cash in game. Actually there are many sites where you can pay "bot owners" for currency or even items, so I would really consider the developers to re-think the concept running an own auction house with a sustainable model making money out of it.

3. Bots

Well, I believe both of the two options above would work the best without bots, as both of these options would further encourage the development of such 3rd party softwares. I'm not sure how hard is to fight against them, but it would be the holy grail for this game to implement an automated trading / AH system without bots.

"
Zenatrim wrote:
2. Auction House / Real-money auction house

There had to be statistics from GGG's side and they might learn form the past experience of Diablo 3 - however I was among the few who LOVED the fact that real-money could be made in a game. I'm still unaware why the whole setup failed (someone could answer me), but I would be 10000x more willing to play if I could make some real-cash in game. Actually there are many sites where you can pay "bot owners" for currency or even items, so I would really consider the developers to re-think the concept running an own auction house with a sustainable model making money out of it.

P2W
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
Can someone link me to a current system that POE is using? I see the Trade tab on this site but the initial post from 2017 says that they weren't going to implement something like the "hard to find, easy to trade" system for international.

Thanks,
ark
"
arkag wrote:
Can someone link me to a current system that POE is using?

You mean something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7NVBnvKDI
Just reading this now a year later... This is why GGG is SO AMAZING! Seriously, you guys understand everything that makes an AARPG so great at its core! Thank you for all your hard work and after 6 years of playing on and off as a F2P player(had kids and such... barely time to breath now), I'll become a donator at the next opportunity where I like the cosmetics and such. You guys deserve it!
How about just giving us an on screen prompt to ok a trade whilst we are online without having to tp back to ho? trading is such a schlepp and waste of time.
The easiest way would be just the typical "auction house" with no real money involved. Just set a price for each item on premium tabs, like it's now, and if someone picks it the item just disappear from your stash and appears in the buyer's inventory (he has to be enough space on his inventory, obviously)

The payment would be automatically added to the currency tab if the seller has one, or create a temporary remove-only one if he doesn't. By this method it'd prevent issues like "the item price occupies more space than the item itself, so you don't have enough space to get paid".

The only thing that should be changed from how it is now, is the ability to set 2 additive prices to an item. So we can, in example, set a price at 4ex AND 50c, since the system wouldn't recognize 4.5ex

Automated, no bots needed, no afk sellers, no hideout travel needed, no scam possibility (since the payment is also automated).
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
"
Lykkoith wrote:
The easiest way would be just the typical "auction house" with no real money involved. Just set a price for each item on premium tabs, like it's now, and if someone picks it the item just disappear from your stash and appears in the buyer's inventory (he has to be enough space on his inventory, obviously)

The payment would be automatically added to the currency tab if the seller has one, or create a temporary remove-only one if he doesn't. By this method it'd prevent issues like "the item price occupies more space than the item itself, so you don't have enough space to get paid".

The only thing that should be changed from how it is now, is the ability to set 2 additive prices to an item. So we can, in example, set a price at 4ex AND 50c, since the system wouldn't recognize 4.5ex

Automated, no bots needed, no afk sellers, no hideout travel needed, no scam possibility (since the payment is also automated).

Sounds great except I have dumped a couple items into my 1 chaos tab for temporary purpose when I needed the space to loot something / make another trade really quick, and would hate to find out I put a 3 exalt item in there and it disappeared due to it autotrading away. With current mechanics atleast I can say, hey this is actually for my use, sorry I put it in the tab and got your hopes up. and most people will recognize that as being true simply because the deal was too good to be true.

Now as someone said, currency etc trades where it's quick conversions of x amount of a currency to another type? Bots are very nice here and I'm happy to run into someone using one simply because from actually doing these manually that most trades get you a net profit of at most 1 alchemy orb. In which case it's way more efficient time-wise for me to just be farming maps instead of trading.
ValheruWolf, then that will be completely on you.
Also if you put something for sale, it took time to get in the site, so you have your time like 1 min to move the item.
But if the item is gone will be completely your fault.
Trading in this game should be changed for sure.
Still waiting on items i like and want to buy, but guys are simply offline.
Someone put item and goes missing, and what you can do if you really need the item and like the price? You go buy another item on different price, then the guy come online and you are f*****.
Trading right now is a pin in the ***, take you a lot of time and a lot of nerve.
Another example. I was waiting for a item, the guy come online after 5 day, and i wisper him to buy the item, no response. Refreshing trade site like mad to see if the item is not sold, and guess what he decide to scamming and sell the item for higher price.
I dont have the currency, so i have to exchange, done 2 other trading, so i can get that item at the price.
And what we do, if someone was wispering him by that time and get the item i wanted and waited so much ???
I hope in the 4.0.0 mega-expansion we get this trade change we all waiting for so much. So i can spend my time ingame, not in chasing some items in the trade sites .....
Thats the most frustrating thing in the game right now for me.
Last edited by DeathKnight_Berserker on Nov 25, 2018, 5:23:06 AM
"
ValheruWolf wrote:
Sounds great except I have dumped a couple items into my 1 chaos tab for temporary purpose when I needed the space to loot something / make another trade really quick, and would hate to find out I put a 3 exalt item in there and it disappeared due to it autotrading away.

Easily enough solved by no automatic buy if no price is set on the item.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info