Trade Manifesto

It doesn't matter, which side you use.
The response for a trade request is nearly not existend.

The current trading mechanic is old, useless and a pain in the butt.
Haters: I like'd the D3 Action house Mechanic. Only for the fast possability, to trade something for a fixed amount of currency.
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong about it. Because the seller becomes his price, what he want's for his offer. ==>> the best thing about this is, no more fake offer's. Tha market ist full about fake offers from fake sellers ...

Don't make a trade mechanic out of the game, this is nonsense.
I have played Pc and xbox one for years.

Path of exile has receive 100s of my dollars.

Pc trade is smooth and easy with poe.trade.

Xbox one trade board is completely broken. The sole reason Poe isn't doing well on xbox one. The Devs refuse to see this. The trade system is so horrible it drives players away. Millions of players have xbox ones. It doesn't matter how fast you get geared. Myself I'll be 85 and top tier geared with in the first week. Players leave because there Zero incentive to do multiplayer and gearing a toon is worse that pulling your own teeth with plyers. The easiest fix is search filters. That would improve trade by 200%. More players = more trades = more money. Buying cosmetics.

However Im used to the trade system. Which after using for years now. I can honestly say IT IS THE WORST TRADE SYSTEM in any game I've played. Seasons are fast paced. Very good. The lack of partys/trade/multiplayer Is killing xbox one.

Patch in some search filters. Add some bonuses for multiplayer. Introduce maps that need 4 or more players. Otherwise sit back and watch Poe die on xbox one.
GGG, thank you for sticking with you initial idea all the long time, even it is arguable and hard to get due to conflicting goals.
With SSF and POE.TRADE you offer something for both the traders and the non-trader.

I would love to see more party play support, in particular for those playing with friends/partners only like me, which never will use neither SSF nor POE.TRADE.

GGG, can you please give some love to party play? :)
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Chris wrote:

Easy trade would make the disparity between different players too great

[...]

The significant differences in character power and player progression caused by trade has already created a situation where Path of Exile is very hard for some players and quite easy for others. Some people never stand a chance of seeing some of the Atlas of Worlds content, while others can rather quickly defeat it and are looking for new challenges. We're tentatively okay with the degree to which this occurs currently, but it would be much worse if trading were made substantially easier.

Is it really only trading or is there just two different kind of mindsets players approach your game with?

"
Chris wrote:

[...]

The significant differences in character power and player progression caused by trade has already created a situation where Path of Exile is very hard for some players and quite easy for others. Some people never stand a chance of seeing some of the Atlas of Worlds content, while others can rather quickly defeat it and are looking for new challenges. We're tentatively okay with the degree to which this occurs currently, but it would be much worse if trading were made substantially easier.

Regarding this, I'll repeat my suggestion from past years that SSF have increased drop rates.
Can we trade while mapping and Delve somehow? It would be nice
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Chris wrote:

[...]

I guess it's half true. I'm one of the players that have never seen shaper, guardians, etc.
I see that situation is might be even worse that it would be with easy trading. Any player can ~easily buy an item on poe.trade, but it's very hard to sell any item (only currency can be converted to another currency easily via currency.poe.trade). I tried to sell an item once, but I couldn't - it didn't even listed. It seems I did something wrong.

So now we have the situation that everyone can buy, but only a FEW amount of players can sell (can=do). I guess these sellers are players that have content "quite easy for others", because they spend much time for gaming+selling. While most of other players don't play that much and don't sell.
For example when I find an item that costs several chaos I have to sell it for less than 1 alt, because it's easy. And doing this I won't have enough currency to buy even average gear, or, in fact, I will play several leagues to be able to buy average gear that, of cause, won't let me do shaper, guardians, etc.

There're even two very simple ways to fix it.

1) Make able player to sell items to vendor for a price relative to the price on poe.trade (may be it will be a second tab, or checkbox). Example for 1/7 or 1/5 of the price. So player can be able to not lose all money not selling, but get at least some of them.
The base price can be calculated as, for example, avg 10% of items on the poe.trade with lowest price (to put away possible overprice).

2) The better way. If developers say that automatic AH is such a bad thing then well ok, make it MANUAL! But it should be easy and IN-game (not out-game and hard like now). In the first approximation it even can be the same uncomfortable as the present one - the seller goes to AH and puts its item with price, then buyer clicks on that item and seller see notification and have to go to the AH and click "accept". The more handy way is to get notification dialog (like as pvp invite) with information about item, price and accept/decline button - to not leave map.
auction house or I will never trade. it's that simple
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
edredfs wrote:
I'm one of the players that have never seen shaper, guardians, etc.

And me as well...

"
edredfs wrote:
I see that situation is might be even worse that it would be with easy trading. Any player can ~easily buy an item on poe.trade, but it's very hard to sell any item (only currency can be converted to another currency easily via currency.poe.trade). I tried to sell an item once, but I couldn't - it didn't even listed. It seems I did something wrong.

That's definitely something you did wrong. Putting items up for trade is easy. Make your (premium) tab public and put items in them. That's all!

"
edredfs wrote:
So now we have the situation that everyone can buy, but only a FEW amount of players can sell (can=do). I guess these sellers are players that have content "quite easy for others", because they spend much time for gaming+selling. While most of other players don't play that much and don't sell.

And that's the whole point. Current trade favours the heavy players. They are online most of the time, are into mapping within a few days of release and therefore a) find a lot of good items and b) have time to sell items.

Easier trade would give others the option to sell the few reasonable items they find for a reasonable price. Thus more people will be able to see more end content.

No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
I think some kind of auctioning (as in communicating willingness to buy) support can solve many problems. It can be especially useful for newish players. Right now it is put item on sale and leave it to see if many ppl want to get it, up price, repeat. Also god help you if you put tabula 1c too cheap at the start of the league. Again, speaking purely of communicating without enforcement - auctioning without house.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info