[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

Very interested in making this in the temp league and seeing what can be done.

Currently amassing a fortune via Uber Lab runs and stockpiling currency.
Won't the fire golem mess with Elemental Equilibrium since it deals fire hits?
"
chinhodado wrote:
Won't the fire golem mess with Elemental Equilibrium since it deals fire hits?

Nop. Minions can't proc EE. Only totems. And attacks from yourself will proc EE.
(⌐■_■)
Updated the build guide with all versions of this build that I've worked on. The CI version turned out really nice. 63k Armor with 9.7k ES. 270k DPS. It's still lower then the original 370k, but I think it's passable for completing all content. Mana problem also was solved.

Also, added a leveling tree. It's not exactly the best looking leveling tree, but hopefully gives new players and idea of what to build.
(⌐■_■)
Is it possible to replace some of the auras for purity of fire and vitality for mapping purposes (atlas). Seems kind of hard to level relying on just scorching ray.
Can you please update the skill trees to 3.1 links also what is the use for CI in the build ? I thought we reserve life to get more armor right ? but with using CI makes no sense because we can't get stunned anyway and we can get more armor from reserving our life or did i miss anything ?
What tells me about the gem links? They look different in the paste bin and in the armor section
"
bonewall wrote:
Is it possible to replace some of the auras for purity of fire and vitality for mapping purposes (atlas). Seems kind of hard to level relying on just scorching ray.

Yes, in the original build you are able to run 3 auras in your helmet as long as you have level 4 Enlighten. I ran Purity of Fire along with Grace. Discipline. Determination. And Clarity in the [3.0] Forge of the Phoenix video. That video will show you how its done.

I would not recommend removing Grace, Determination, or Discipline for mapping. All three of these auras play a big part in your survivability. But, I will say, there may be a better way to map with all the new shaper/elder items, so use your best judgement if you decide to swap auras.

"
TheOnIyOne wrote:
Can you please update the skill trees to 3.1 links also what is the use for CI in the build ? I thought we reserve life to get more armor right ? but with using CI makes no sense because we can't get stunned anyway and we can get more armor from reserving our life or did i miss anything ?

The CI version is just to be immune to chaos as it is still one of the few ways that can kill you in this build. Both get 60k armor. I worked really hard to get the CI version to 60k armor.

The difference is that CI version uses more nodes to get the same armor, but is more tanky because you can use something other than shav's as your chest armor. The CI version uses a chest piece with 1,400 armor and 300 ES. Which is roughly the same amount of armor that you reserve in life in original.

So, even though the CI reserves no life, it can still get good armor by wearing a good chest piece. The only problem is CI can only use 4 auras, while original version can use 5 auras. Also, original version does 100k more damage, because its low life.

So just depends whether you want to be chaos immune or if you want damage.

And I can update the skill tree links. It looks like it came out weird when I tried exporting it.

"
RedSininS wrote:
What tells me about the gem links? They look different in the paste bin and in the armor section

The gear section will tell you the gem links. If you mouse over each piece of gear, the skill gems are all there. But I'll update the guide to make it clear.
(⌐■_■)
I have been running a somewhat similar build to this using Memory Vault and I have a couple of observations.

First, in my opinion there's no reason to go CI. You lose too much damage (because you can't use Pain Attunement), and there's not that many chaos mobs/bosses that can pose a threat to you. Not to mention there's the new pantheon (Shakari) that makes you immune to poison.

Secondly I am not too concerned about armour. From my experience 30-40k is more than enough, no need to try and reach 60k. Even at 30k armour it's extremely hard to die with max block Aegis anyway. When you do die it's usually because of one shot or damage over time, in which case armour is useless.

Third it's hard to use an aura build in 3.1 without mentioning the new Watcher's Eye jewel. Some awesome mods include:

- 18% Mana gained as extra ES - this is INSANE. You can easily get 2k more ES simply with this.
- 8% additional block chance: very nice to get max block even with a rare to gain tons of DPS compared to Advancing Fortress
- 60% reduced extra damage from crit: with this you can even abandon Solaris and use Arakali pantheon for more DOT protection.
- 2.5% ES regen/s, or 140 life regen/s, or 30% increased life recovery rate: useful to counter DOT like when running labs (against traps)

And that's all on top of 6% ES, 6% life, 6% Mana, which all scale with this build.
Jesus. The 18% mana as extra ES is really crazy. Even the price for just that mod is sky high right now. Well, looks like I need to update the guide.

As for the CI and armor. Yeah, there's probably no need to go CI or get 60,000, but I always like building even more and more tanky as possible. It just feels good walking around with ridiculous armor and tankiness.

Also seems the CI version is gonna end up cheaper overall with gearing. Just because we don't need Chayula's or shavs to make it work.

That also reminds me. It was hilarious cuz as soon as I hit maps. I'm like. Hey, do I really need chaos resist? I mean is it really worth it? Because last league only Hall of Grandmaster or Chayulas domain did really high chaos. So I'm like, eh. Maybe chaos doesn't matter.

And then I walk in and all the T1 maps have bosses that do chaos damage. And I immediately switched to CI to save my sanity. I can't imagine leveling up as low-life without shavs once you hit maps. Oh man, the pain would be real.
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info