[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

May I aks why is IceBite a MSUT gem in your cycloen setup?! can't we just sustain frenzy charge easily wiht way of the poacher and other source?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
May I aks why is IceBite a MSUT gem in your cycloen setup?! can't we just sustain frenzy charge easily wiht way of the poacher and other source?!

It's not there for frenzy charge generation, it's one of the primary sources of damage. A lvl 21 Ice Bite with 9 frenzy charges adds 229-339, i.e. 284 cold damage. With 10 frenzy charges it goes up to 246-364. For comparison, lvl 21 Added Lightning adds 23-445, i.e. 234 damage.
I've finished recording Shaper, Uber Atziri and all Guardians using no instant leech or VP on my lvl 97 character. I managed one deathless Shaper out of 4 attempts but I only died once the other times. Shaper is MUCH harder now because you can't just tank the beam and you need to be really careful of where you place the vortexes since DoT damage is just a bitch to deal with now. My Shadowplay is not working properly so the recording of the deathless run was lost but in the one I'll use I died to beam because I wasn't targeting my cyclones carefully enough. That would never have happened with instant leech so I think that one is just a good object lesson for how you need to play with non-instant leech.

Alluring Abyss bosses are still easy but you can't ignore mechanics on trio. Uber Atziri herself is no problem if you just know how to do the mechanics. The trash is a lot more dangerous now, I didn't die to the bosses but I had one death to trash which will be included in the video.

All guardians were also pretty easy. Hydra felt the hardest this time because cyclone locks your movement and there's so much dodging required and then you get hit and you can't instaleech back again so it just becomes a bit of a bother keeping your HP up.

Mino is always easy but you can't fight him in the rubble circles anymore. Once he slams you need to kite him out, it's too dangerous to risk a boulder hitting you and then getting meleed immediately after.

Chimera is very easy if you have blasphemy enfeeble. His adds are always the most dangerous part of that fight and enfeeble just gimps them entirely.

Phoenix felt easy as well. Just do the mechanics, try to clear out the adds, dodge his charged blast and use a stibnite when he whirls you.

I'm considering adding Phase acrobatics to the tree as a suggestion for high-level characters, possibly even the base 90 tree. I'm not sure the 4 points are worth 20% life if you haven't filled out the scion wheel yet but during these tests I felt like phase acro would have helped a lot.

I'll edit the footage and upload a video soon, probably tomorrow.
Do you have a twitch? I would like to see how you handled leveling. So I can replicate your process. As I am currently struggling. Been a very very long time since i have played a melee build.
Last edited by dxadeamon on Dec 16, 2017, 8:42:27 PM
"
dxadeamon wrote:
Do you have a twitch? I would like to see how you handled leveling. So I can replicate your process. As I am currently struggling. Been a very very long time since i have played a melee build.

First off, I never actually leveled this build with cyclone. I respecced the original character at level 92 from a PF wander. However, I leveled a Raider with almost this exact same passive tree using Spectral Throw in Turmoil, which was very easy.

As for twitch, I have one, but I very rarely use it to stream and I've never streamed PoE. Don't have any recordings of me leveling either. I guess I could record or stream the next character I level, which will be a melee ranger - undecided if I go with this build or something with ancestral call but I'll use basically the same passive tree at least to start with.

I need to rework the leveling section anyway because of ancestral call and because I'm getting a lot of questions about it recently. I don't feel well equipped to answer since I would probably just transition really late after leveling with frost blades or bows or something if I was remaking the character.

If there's anything specific you're having trouble with, just ask. As you can see I reply to every single question in this thread.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 16, 2017, 10:40:34 PM
"
Euploid wrote:
I've finished recording Shaper, Uber Atziri and all Guardians using no instant leech or VP on my lvl 97 character. I managed one deathless Shaper out of 4 attempts but I only died once the other times. Shaper is MUCH harder now because you can't just tank the beam and you need to be really careful of where you place the vortexes since DoT damage is just a bitch to deal with now. My Shadowplay is not working properly so the recording of the deathless run was lost but in the one I'll use I died to beam because I wasn't targeting my cyclones carefully enough. That would never have happened with instant leech so I think that one is just a good object lesson for how you need to play with non-instant leech.

Alluring Abyss bosses are still easy but you can't ignore mechanics on trio. Uber Atziri herself is no problem if you just know how to do the mechanics. The trash is a lot more dangerous now, I didn't die to the bosses but I had one death to trash which will be included in the video.

All guardians were also pretty easy. Hydra felt the hardest this time because cyclone locks your movement and there's so much dodging required and then you get hit and you can't instaleech back again so it just becomes a bit of a bother keeping your HP up.

Mino is always easy but you can't fight him in the rubble circles anymore. Once he slams you need to kite him out, it's too dangerous to risk a boulder hitting you and then getting meleed immediately after.

Chimera is very easy if you have blasphemy enfeeble. His adds are always the most dangerous part of that fight and enfeeble just gimps them entirely.

Phoenix felt easy as well. Just do the mechanics, try to clear out the adds, dodge his charged blast and use a stibnite when he whirls you.

I'm considering adding Phase acrobatics to the tree as a suggestion for high-level characters, possibly even the base 90 tree. I'm not sure the 4 points are worth 20% life if you haven't filled out the scion wheel yet but during these tests I felt like phase acro would have helped a lot.

I'll edit the footage and upload a video soon, probably tomorrow.

How does Uber lab feel in 3.1 with this build?
"
YallaHabibi wrote:

How does Uber lab feel in 3.1 with this build?

I didn't even test it because I always specced out of VP for uber lab anyway so it's the same. Use Ryslatha, 1 or 2 life flasks, swap shield charge for leap slam and go ham. Stibnites are OP vs Izaro, quicksilver flasks aren't that important if you're leap slamming everywhere anyway since it doesn't scale with ms like shield charge does. Should breeze through uber lab, the biggest hurdle is just DPS vs Izaro since you're doing ele damage. Low DPS can be compensated for with knowledge of mechanics though.

There's a quoted comment in the Tips and tricks section at the end of the guide by someone who used this build to farm uber lab for a bit. Check it out if you're curious.
just the build i was looking for, thanks!

considering you take many specific sword nodes, would a claw variant with, say, reave/bf and other chest be viable? what do you think
"
Radgris wrote:
just the build i was looking for, thanks!

considering you take many specific sword nodes, would a claw variant with, say, reave/bf and other chest be viable? what do you think

Yup. In the leveling section there's a lvl 67 passive tree that's completely generic for crit ele raider. You can do anything you want from that base, just take the relevant weapon-specific nodes and grab whatever else you like. I am planning to try an ele reave raider after I'm done with my current gladiator, using that tree as a base.
Would the new Shroud of the Lightless armor be any good in this build? That ele pen is preeeeetty sexy..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info