[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

Rarity: Rare
Dragon Impaler
Fancy Foil
--------
One Handed Sword
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 34-61 (augmented)
Elemental Damage: 43-85 (augmented), 39-71 (augmented), 7-162 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.82 (augmented)
Weapon Range: 12
--------
Requirements:
Level: 66
Str: 39
Dex: 167
Int: 142
--------
Sockets: G-G B
--------
Item Level: 81
--------
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
--------
Adds 43 to 85 Fire Damage
Adds 39 to 71 Cold Damage
Adds 7 to 162 Lightning Damage
10% increased Accuracy Rating
15% increased Light Radius
14% increased Attack Speed
So pob is giving me more damage with this than a T1 lightning with crit/ 1.9 aps and crit chance+multi with a highish cold roll the second said sword comes out higher marginally, but the cost goes up a lot. sorry if this comes out weird not sure how to post weapons
Last edited by spookyswag on Dec 15, 2017, 2:17:11 PM
"
spookyswag wrote:
Rarity: Rare
Dragon Impaler
Fancy Foil
--------
One Handed Sword
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 34-61 (augmented)
Elemental Damage: 43-85 (augmented), 39-71 (augmented), 7-162 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.82 (augmented)
Weapon Range: 12
--------
Requirements:
Level: 66
Str: 39
Dex: 167
Int: 142
--------
Sockets: G-G B
--------
Item Level: 81
--------
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
--------
Adds 43 to 85 Fire Damage
Adds 39 to 71 Cold Damage
Adds 7 to 162 Lightning Damage
10% increased Accuracy Rating
15% increased Light Radius
14% increased Attack Speed
So pob is giving me more damage with this than a T1 lightning with crit/ 1.9 aps and crit chance+multi with a highish cold roll the second said sword comes out higher marginally, but the cost goes up a lot. sorry if this comes out weird not sure how to post weapons

Either post a screenshot or click an item in one of your characters' inventory (by clicking on the character at the top left of the site).

Or you could just post the PoB with both weapons in there and tell me what it is you're wondering about. Either way as it is right now I'm not really sure what the question is here.
Eh, I figured it out my self. Wasn't wrapping my head around crit multi/ being better than a full ele crafted foil with AS and no crit multi. Put it in pob and played around with numbers a while and understood what you were saying in the guide thanks :D
I'm gonna give this build a try, does leveling as cyclone or frost blades work better? or are they pretty much equal minus the play style difference?
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
I'm gonna give this build a try, does leveling as cyclone or frost blades work better? or are they pretty much equal minus the play style difference?

Cyclone isn't available until act 3 so you'll have to use something else until then at least. With Ancestral Call available now, I suspect frost blades is faster for leveling than cyclone until you can equip the right gear for your cyclone to be speedy. Haven't tried leveling a ranger in 3.1 yet though.
I was using Frost blades because i obviously had no choice. I took leveling uniques out of the guild back my friends and all share and in there was ewars and a bunch of uniques with move speed. I'm Act 4 now just using Frost blade - Ancestral Call - Faster attacks and its super easy. single target is garbo though, so I have a lightning strike skill gem with onslaught because I just had them for some reason and it seems to do better single target.

I just prefer to transition in the build ASAP, I'm not a massive fan of saying "i'm gonna do X build" then proceed to play 70 levels using something completely different
somehow it posted twice
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Dec 16, 2017, 11:34:45 AM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:

I just prefer to transition in the build ASAP, I'm not a massive fan of saying "i'm gonna do X build" then proceed to play 70 levels using something completely different

Known what you mean, I feel the same way. For phys cyclone characters technically sunder leveling is more optimal until like level 60-something but I always transitioned as soon as I found a halfway decent axe to use.

If you have access to some twink gear you can transition to cyclone relatively early and it should still be fine, but it will probably feel slower than frost blades. Since we're just using flat ele damage you can just use any fast thrusting sword, Fidelitas' Spike could probably carry you to maps tbh. You could try dual wielding them. Just get as much flat ele damage on gear as possible while your gems are low level; prismweave, wake of destruction etc. Should be fine.
Hey Euploid I was thinking of trying this build for my next abyss character, I started with gc mines and was wondering how much accuracy do I need to aim for before obtaining a Lycosidae. I should have a decent amount saved up by the time I'm done/want to move on from GC mines but just in case itd be nice to know.
"
InorganicApex wrote:
Hey Euploid I was thinking of trying this build for my next abyss character, I started with gc mines and was wondering how much accuracy do I need to aim for before obtaining a Lycosidae. I should have a decent amount saved up by the time I'm done/want to move on from GC mines but just in case itd be nice to know.

Try to get to 90% hit chance. Normally this should require around 1000 flat accuracy from gear total. Keep in mind that accuracy can roll on many different items so even if you get lowish rolls it can add up; rings, amulets, gloves, shields, weapons and abyss jewels. The %accuracy nodes on the tree are pretty garbage mostly so I wouldn't particularly recommend picking them up. Also, accuracy has diminishing returns so don't overinvest in it. Lycosidae is just too good for high accuracy numbers to be worth pursuing.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 16, 2017, 1:28:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info