My silent goodbye

Quality threads like these is why god wants me to play poe. Therefore, poe is good.
Spreading salt since 2006
Someone is either taking religion way too seriously or really REALLY high.
Still sane? Exile?
I have an Alien pet.
Am I the only one here who realises there´s a heartbroken father writing who lost his 5 y.o. child?
Assuming his story is not made up there is a dad who lost his child and you guys are mocking him?

From a psychological perspective his reaction is totally normal, he tries to find a scapegoat to blame for all the lost time with his child. Let him grieve.

I do not agree at all with his idea that PoE is a perverted bible story. You could as well take any famous story and twist it around until it fits. Take the chronicles of Narnia... the icequeen is "Satan" who deceives and lies, manipulates etc. And the Lion, that perfect incarnation of goodness and mercy who dies and rises again after 3 days (...now THAT is a similarity) is "Jesus".
Or in Lord of the Rings, where you can draw similar parallels etc etc.

PoE`s story has nothing more to do with the biblical story than the eternal fight between good and evil, light and darkness.
Calling Dominus "Jesus" is a bad joke in itself. Does Dominus represent anything good at all? Does he "rise from the dead"? I am pretty sure the biblical Jesus did also not transform into a bunny from hell before he died.
And didn´t Jesus give his life freely? Dominus certainly didn´t. Well, that analogy is absolutely horrible and has nothing to do with the reality.
Also calling the exile "Satan" is funny enough considering the fact that the Inquisitor runs around shouting "Death to Sin!". Well - enough about the faults of this theory.

You, OP, have my deepest empathy. I wish you all the best, for you and your family. May your faith give you the strength to get through this.

Its a made up troll story, we get those on general discussion every week. And I agree, its not fun to make fun of sick people.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Oct 13, 2017, 5:37:19 AM
First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss and you have my sincerest condolences.

You were addicted, you realised that you had a problem and you acted to solve it which, despite the tragic circumstances, is a good and commendable thing.

I'm not here to argue with you about your personal religious feelings especially since you are going through a very tough time. I understand and respect that.

There are tons of research papers and books on how and why video games in general and especially ARPGs/MMORPGs are so addicting. Basically, they are designed to not only tug on the strings of some very primal instincts and patterns of behaviour but play them full orchestra mode. This site has a basic summary. Which has nothing to do with any religion or anti-religion at all but with mechanisms of keeping players and making money.
Also, stories of rise and fall and fighting gods are fairly ubiquitous.

In any case, I wish you and your family all the best for your future and that you find peace, hope and happiness again.

Last edited by Alysma on Oct 13, 2017, 6:08:42 AM
At least we learn something from this.
Take care, prioritize and love your Family First.
Don't be blinded by the distractions this world tries to give you, for in the end, what's always important is Family.
My deepest condolences to OP. I cannot fathom the loss you may feel right now. Be strong, for your family, you have my prayers.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Oct 13, 2017, 5:53:34 AM
In the off chance that you, Rob_L, are back to read this, I wish you and your family everything well on your new journey. You have already learned to pay little attention to the people who wish you bad things. It's probably a good idea to stay away from POE for at least some while. Good luck!
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Get the help you need before it's too late. Don't try to do this yourself and "trust in God" to make everything better. The chemicals that are released by your body when playing this game will need to be monitored. Your brain needs them. Without the stimulus of PoE, it will start looking for a substitute... and you'll be right back where you were. Best of luck.
Since you're quitting, can I have your items?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info