My silent goodbye

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Thats the spiritual key of the success of PoE. You tell a corrupted Bible story to millions of people.

GGG needs to hire this guy asap for marketing and expansion ideas.

i think you're right
"
msedek wrote:
"
Rob_L wrote:

PoE broke my relationship with God.
PoE broke my relationship with my wife.
PoE broke my relationship with my kids.
PoE used my intelectual strenght and creativity in vain.
PoE possessed me, took away my physical, mental and spiritual health.

poe did not do any of this.. you did it all by yourself to yourself.. wtf?.. the crack is strong in this one young padawan

i wouldnt say that since poe exploits psychologically the human mind. All games made around addiction do this. So its not his fault that hes weakness is swallowed and controlled by psychological tricks. If your born that way and somone exploits your weakness, its hard to overcome.
"
Rob_L wrote:
Dear Chris, GGG and the community,

This is my silent goodbye. I've been with Path of Exile since open beta (2013). It's been 4 years of more than casual playing. Althrough I have a full time job and a family, I've spent most of my free time with PoE. Every day at work I checked reddit for news and information, I've watched youtube videos of races, walkthroughs, podcasts, funny moments and other information. I've dedicated a very large portion of my life to this game as well as some of my money. When I was in the game, nothing was more important. Nor my kids, nor my wife, nor my house obligations. Every night, after my kids went to bed, the game was on and the outside world dissapeared. I even disregarded my wife, when she wanted to talk to me. I gave her just the minimum answers, so she could walk away and leave me with the game. Sometimes I went to bed so late after playing, that I slept only 2-3 hours before work. And the next day it all begin anew.

But there was something that I always was cautious about – not to show the game to my kids, especially the 5 year old. Thats why I played at nights. But slowly it changed, the game was on earlier and earlier, with the kids around. When they came to me asking what I was playing, I immediately hide the game, so they won't see. When they were gone, the game was on again. I was so hooked, that in time, even exposing PoE to my kids was not a problem anymore. Even to the point that I considered introducing PoE to them, so we could play together (when they would be older). But it changed.

One day, when I was playing in my free time (obviously), the phone rang. „Pray for the 5 yr. old, cause she will be having a surgery, she had a heart bleeding”. She didn't make it. She passed away. My present life was crushed. But I knew there is only one thing I could do. Together with my wife, we knelt in front of a window, so we could see the sky and said „Lord, this is too big for us to manage. Help us, take it from us, take our hearts and do something with it to heal us”. We did it from the bottom of our hearts. And God listened. „Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth”. (Hosea 6:1-3)

This is exactly what God did to me. I was a new man. A new man that can not do the things the old man did. A new man that started to think about the bigger and bigger success of PoE and why it's so addicting. And it got me.

What is in PoE? Is it the graphics, the engine, the genre, the diversity, the possibilities? They definitely play a role. But there is something more, something hidden in plain sight. It's the story.

What is PoE about. In short, it's about an exile banished from Oriath, a kind of theocracy run by the Templars. Very religious, devoted land where the law is very important. Does that sound any bell?
The exile is banned, and his/hers journey begins. Journey full of killing and death, to finally meet the one who banished him/her – Dominus. He is the High Templar, the highest rank of the order of the Templars. And what's the latin translation of the word Dominus? Does that sound any bell?

The death of Dominus doesn't end the killing quest. There are many, many more. Ultimately, the exile meets his/hers final enemy – Kitava, and the quest is to kill Kitava once and for all. Kitava is the Karui god of corruption. According to Karui tradition, Kitava is a cannibal deity with boundless hunger. He has the power to consume and corrupt the souls of people (any bells?), like he did with King Kaom. And how the marauder calls Kitava? „Father of corruption” Does that sound any bell?

All the bells should start ringing after adding one more thing – gnosis. What is gnosis (gnosticism)? It is a modern name for a variety of ancient religious ideas and systems (after Wikipedia). What gnostics did is they took the stories form the Bible and flip it upside down. The good things become the bad ones and vice versa.

Just like you did.

What's the Bible story? It begins in heaven. Heaven – a theocracy run by the High Priest, a very religious, devoted land where the law is very important. That's where a soon-to-be exile accused God of being a tyrant, unrighteous etc. and attacked His law. His heart was full of pride and he wanted (still wants) to be as The Most High. He made a rebellion and was cast out to an unknown land – the Earth. After that, the exile only goal is to kill the Lord (latin Dominus) and his Father in the hearts of men. He succeded in killing Jesus (human form) and he does a very good in twisting the concept of God, His mindset, His righteousness and mercy. From an exile he become a god of this world. Just like the main character of your game.

Now, when you look at the Bible story through gnosis and PoE eyes, you will get
PoE: Exile (Lucifer) – the good guy Bible: Lucifer (Exile) – the bad guy
PoE: Dominus (Jesus) – the bad guy Bible: Jesus (Dominus) – the good guy
PoE: Kitava (The Father) – the bad guy Bible: The Father (Kitava) – the good guy
PoE: Oriath (Heaven) – tyranny Bible: Heaven (Oriath) – a place where everyone wants to be
PoE: from an exile to a god – good thing Bible: from an exile to a god – a universe catastrophe.

Thats the spiritual key of the success of PoE. You tell a corrupted Bible story to millions of people. You glorify satan, and therefore satan glorifies your game by expanding it more and more. PoE corrupts the heart of everyone that is playing it. It's mocking the Bible, just like you did („we own the souls of everyone who gets into maps”) and your streamers (the rngeesus thing). You have a very religious game, it's just the religion of this world, not the of the Heaven.

PoE broke my relationship with God.
PoE broke my relationship with my wife.
PoE broke my relationship with my kids.
PoE used my intelectual strenght and creativity in vain.
PoE possessed me, took away my physical, mental and spiritual health.

PoE glorifies sin and satan. It does not make anyone better man.

And it definetely doesn't bring close anyone to The God of Heaven

It does all the mention things to everyone.
My only hope is that someone sees it before it's too late.

May Jesus help you all.

"The sword of justice is swift and sharp"
I'd like to wake up some day and discover that religion is dead, that nobody believes in any bullshit anymore. The amount of brainwashing is unbelievable. What makes these people believe that santa clause is fake but a man in the sky that rose from the dead, was born from a virgin, turned water into wine, is real? Seriously. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Oct 14, 2017, 3:59:39 PM
The toxicity level here is unbelievable.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
This thread has been closed, as it is generating many posts that breach the Code of Conduct. Please feel free to contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you have any concerns about this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info