Desecrate

Thanks for the great work. I thought I was going to have to quit this league after the last patch made summoning a grind but thanks to this instead I bought some stash tabs to say thanks for the great work.
"
alphamule wrote:
"
Orbitalx wrote:
On one hand this makes me happy. On the other it concerns me because spectres are OP. I am pretty sure GGG will see tons of people playing spectre builds and destroying shaper for very little gear investment. They will probably nerf this someway in the future as a result. It is a great quality of life for playing the build though. That is for sure.

There is a guy killing shaper with a 1 link blade flurry on the front page or 2 of reddit. Does that mean they need to nerf it too? Come on, its not some crazy fast clear speed build or anything. Perhaps they should slightly nerf vanguards or something, but other than that I disagree.

I dunno, I clear really fast regular mapping using quicksilver/FO and shield charge has insane movement and everything in t16 melts in seconds with just 1 wickerman. Also I can face tank shaper, stand in his slams as well as just roll through all end game content with very little effort and the whole time everything just melts in seconds.

It's one of the most powerful builds i'v played this league.
Spectres op srs not now
Thank you for this news. I am shocked at the negative feedback from players thinking summoners are OP and getting a buff. I assure you my build is not OP, I die quite a bit. I have yet to do a T16 without multiple deaths, yet I watch Mathil run a shield charge build through Shaper with 5K life...seriously.

I could not conclude that GGG backed down to reddit, the change broke builds mid season, and that's not really fair. Minor tweaks to damage is one thing, changing how skills work is another. GGG has done a really great job maintaining balance for all these years, for good and bad. I still play this game because it is challenging.

I feel like the people complaining clearly do not play summon builds, but are thinking summoners are getting something for free. If this change happens minions may be easier to get, but Shaper is still the same fight.

Best Regards
GGG have good people
Fellow Canadian here, sorry about all the people whining and saying bad stuff about you.

Now, a little suggestion here, I don't personally like nor hate the nerf density but could we get like... a map with 0 xp givin nor loots, but fuck it... 200Milions monsters in it, you could call it Sandbox Map :)

Cost nothing, change nothing to the game, but MANNNN the fun I would have in it!

With Love
A guy on a moose with a beaver hat.
"
Aweesome, way to back down when a bunch of people complain bitterly. If only there were some more complaining about the slideshow that PoE has become for low end PC owners when there are an overly large amount of effects onscreen.
Why are you in favour of tedious gameplay for no particularly good reason?

Thankyou GGG for changing back something that has zero effect on the power level of the spec, but a massive effect on the tedium of playing it. These are the types of changes that are zero cost, huge gain, and making them is always a good choice.

If spectres are overpowered or provide too much power for investment, then they should be nerfed in powerlevel, not in tedium level. I fully support a nerf to the POWER level of spectres if it is warrented (and only if it is warrented). This was not the way to do it, and had literally zero effect on the power level of the spec.
Last edited by Pathological on Oct 13, 2017, 9:30:40 PM
"
_BADKARMA_ wrote:
Thank you for this news. I am shocked at the negative feedback from players thinking summoners are OP and getting a buff. I assure you my build is not OP, I die quite a bit. I have yet to do a T16 without multiple deaths, yet I watch Mathil run a shield charge build through Shaper with 5K life...seriously.

I could not conclude that GGG backed down to reddit, the change broke builds mid season, and that's not really fair. Minor tweaks to damage is one thing, changing how skills work is another. GGG has done a really great job maintaining balance for all these years, for good and bad. I still play this game because it is challenging.

I feel like the people complaining clearly do not play summon builds, but are thinking summoners are getting something for free. If this change happens minions may be easier to get, but Shaper is still the same fight.

Best Regards

On my Necromancer I have about 9800 EHP with MoM with 71% block and 71% spell block, double curse/EE for -175% fire resistance to all mobs, everything dies in seconds, including shaper and I can pretty much face tank all guardians and shaper. If I die it is because I just went afk or did something really dumb :) All end game content is trivial at this point with the build.
Oh sweet Jesus thank you.
Thanks for cleaning up that mess. :)

The reason given for making that mess in the first place however - shocking.
Please pay one of your devs extra to play a Spectre summoner.
This would not have happened then. ;)
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
"
Chris wrote:
Community feedback has shown us that players found the prior behaviour very important, so we are explicitly changing

GGG in a nutshell.

Can't remember the Lead Dev of Diablo III saying "we got X feedback so we're doing Y."

I won't lie and say I think this was handled perfectly - the initial change was devastating to QoL and should've been seen as akin to a nerf and thus delayed until the end of the challenge league.

But, that said, it was just a tad over 24 hours after that initial change when we had the lead developer saying the feedback had been heard, how it would be acted upon, and on a Friday afternoon telling the community to expect it to happen "early next week."

I've spent a lot less than others have on Path of Exile, but probably more than I could really afford to do so. This incident is an excellent example of why. So long as Chris keeps being a boss, Bex keeps being an awesome CM, and Eben keeps bullying Bex with BotW Blooper videos, I'll keep doing what I can to contribute. Oh - and Support are awesome, too. ♥
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info