[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

"
Kurnis wrote:
"
knedlik85 wrote:
Hi, I tried uberelder twice and failed on both runs. My zombies got killed pretty quickly even with minion life support, which means no sustain and death, even animate guardian was killed for first time :(. Summoning Zombies during fight is not very viable since I was slowed pretty often. I got to last phase of uberelder, but no kill. Othher content like shaper, guardians and elder guardians was done deathless. Still pretty powerful build, maybe someone else is skilled enough to kill uberelder. I killed uberelder with other character (pathfinder rf+scorching ray).

I noticed you use skeletons!! (very cool, by the way. I love skellies!) But this means you dont have desecrate on a second CWDT, and you also dont have Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy. This means you and your zombies dont get as much spirit offering energy shield...which (combined with only level 3 empower and not level 4) could be why your zombies are dying to Shaper.

Take this with a grain of salt, I'm still learning. This is just my theory on why you felt too squishy.

Zombies died with regular setup and mistress of sacrifice, so I tried skeletons. Regular shaper is fine and zombies can heal on consecrated ground, uberelder is the only fight I didnt complete.
"
blackspiral wrote:
I have noticed many times, when Im not on full life, my zombies will keep doing damage and killing mobs but for some reason, my hp stays the same

This is because of lag when you take chaos damage. When i had a really bad connection it went up to 2k life "lost" at the end of a map. I read that it's only a visual bug, but im not sure about that.

"
f3lcrow wrote:
Liking the build so far, just an Animate Guardian question or 2.

1. The dmg buff from Dying Breath, is that a multiplier for our minion dmg or just added on with the rest of the dmg increases (not fluent in POE's dmg math). If it's not a multiplier, wouldn't Kingmaker simply be the better option for a pseudo 10% dmg boost. Speaking more in terms of high hp bosses.

2. Does the Guardian benefit from the life regen of Meginord's Vise? Does the strength we give via baron count?

1. I have no clue if the cull of Kingmaker outshines the damage of Dying Breath. I personally use it for the rarity though.

2. Yes, that's why they are the best in slot gloves, since resistances are already overcapped.

"
knedlik85 wrote:
Hi, I tried uberelder twice and failed on both runs. My zombies got killed pretty quickly even with minion life support, which means no sustain and death, even animate guardian was killed for first time :(. Summoning Zombies during fight is not very viable since I was slowed pretty often. I got to last phase of uberelder, but no kill. Othher content like shaper, guardians and elder guardians was done deathless. Still pretty powerful build, maybe someone else is skilled enough to kill uberelder. I killed uberelder with other character (pathfinder rf+scorching ray).

Hm, sorry to hear that it didnt work out for uber elder.
I personally didnt try that fight yet, i dicked around too much with other builds.
But im gonna do my challenges now and do uber atziri and uber elder and see how it goes.
Im wondering why your AG died though, he should have 70k life and 5-6k life regen.
"
"
blackspiral wrote:
I have noticed many times, when Im not on full life, my zombies will keep doing damage and killing mobs but for some reason, my hp stays the same

This is because of lag when you take chaos damage. When i had a really bad connection it went up to 2k life "lost" at the end of a map. I read that it's only a visual bug, but im not sure about that.

Got same issue but i notice that it happen when energy shield is full, but when energy shield is not full the zombies leech works. Maybe a mechanics blocking leech on life if energy shield full?
"

"
knedlik85 wrote:

Hm, sorry to hear that it didnt work out for uber elder.
I personally didnt try that fight yet, i dicked around too much with other builds.
But im gonna do my challenges now and do uber atziri and uber elder and see how it goes.
Im wondering why your AG died though, he should have 70k life and 5-6k life regen.

Biggest problem is degen ground. I was not able to kill portals fast enough. Then your minion are degening and they dont avoid beam and balls from shaper. Animate Guardian was the only minion that survived first half of the fight, but last phase is hectic and most difficult. But I am old man, maybe younger generation here has faster fingers :)

my AG only has 32k life, with level 19 minion life gem. how does yours get 70k?
Last edited by Kurnis on Apr 17, 2018, 12:04:33 PM
"
Kurnis wrote:
"
f3lcrow wrote:
Liking the build so far, just an Animate Guardian question or 2.

1. The dmg buff from Dying Breath, is that a multiplier for our minion dmg or just added on with the rest of the dmg increases (not fluent in POE's dmg math). If it's not a multiplier, wouldn't Kingmaker simply be the better option for a pseudo 10% dmg boost. Speaking more in terms of high hp bosses.

2. Does the Guardian benefit from the life regen of Meginord's Vise? Does the strength we give via baron count?

It says "increased damage" so I don't think its a MORE modifier. I like your idea about kingmaker, and I think I'll try switching. Cull is awesome.

EDIT: so I looked here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/775112 and it looks like it is additive. But the aura boost DOES work, since it's actually an aura itself, and doesn't require the auras be cast by Dying Breath's wielder.

I plugged it into PoB, and with everything (damage, auras, curses) added in, it adds 7.5% total dps to zombie slam.

Looks like I'm switching to Kingmaker!!

I appreciate the research you did. Switching to Kingmaker as well. While damage increases seem great at first, I know it lies to us sometimes to get optimal numbers.
"
Kurnis wrote:

I was wrong, I looked at my build in standard that still has empower linked and a level 21 gem. On the current build he has 50k life.

And I dont know where you get your number from, but yours has 50k life too.
"
"
Kurnis wrote:

I was wrong, I looked at my build in standard that still has empower linked and a level 21 gem. On the current build he has 50k life.

And I dont know where you get your number from, but yours has 50k life too.

ooohhhh. You looked in PoB. I didn't think to look there. In the game, the tooltip for AG says 32k, which is why I was confused. I see now in PoB it says 50k. weird.

thanks for the inspiration of the build !
poe since closed beta and never played any kind of summoner

Vulner on Hit -> Shapers Touch !!! dps boost

now i had to find a good Helm Enchant and a Amulet with +1 Zombies and enaugh
Attributes and Strength to min max this , a amulet with %Life would also be an upgrade ;D

Baron and Boots upgrade :)

plop
Last edited by ranger666 on Apr 19, 2018, 2:07:16 PM
trying to level this build and 2 probably dumb questions :

1) how do you get two 2 link on the boots ? is there a trick ? it got 4 linked ...

Also is there a way to unlink a 4 link ?

2) why do my 2 chieftains I got from act 6 forest give me and my zombies power charges and not frenzy charges ??

are frenzy better than power charges ?

Thanks for any answers
Last edited by stellarstar on Apr 21, 2018, 9:27:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info