Content Update 3.0.2 Patch Notes

"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:

He doesn't understand what he's talking about. Spectres don't scale up. If anything, this patch completely breaks most spectre builds, since now you can't get the spectres you want in T16/T17 versions due to desecrate bug being fixed.

yeah this is what I thought.

Oh man, until I found a build that both works and is fun! nerfhammer.

Thank You GGG for another great patch :D LOUIE!!!!!!!
The LORD will march forth like a mighty Warrior, He will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.
So yeah, no way to get specific mobs as high level spectres.

Thanks for bricking my build and now all my sunk currency. With no talent reset no doubt.

I thought not completely bricking builds mid-league was something GGG was against but I guess not. I wonder what other builds aren't safe.
"
Mishrak wrote:

This is a catastrophic blow to specter builds. It makes it a lot more tedious to actually get the specters we want. Sure they're persistent, but if they die it's just outright awful to get them back. I really hope GGG re-considers this part of the change.

why is it so bad to incentivize players to actually build and consider defensive options for thier specters. instead of just hurr durr me build deeps now lel.

but yea, the other change is rip though, atleast we might have to only hunt for specters every now and then, instead of every log out/dc
Last edited by Doyzord on Oct 11, 2017, 8:45:39 PM
they said they were planning to increase QOL for spectres, it breaks them for running high tier maps. Where am I going to get high level wickers..
"
Doyzord wrote:
"
Mishrak wrote:

This is a catastrophic blow to specter builds. It makes it a lot more tedious to actually get the specters we want. Sure they're persistent, but if they die it's just outright awful to get them back. I really hope GGG re-considers this part of the change.

why is it so bad to incentivize players to actually build and consider defensive options for thier specters. instead of just hurr durr me build deeps now lel.

Rather than troll, it's usually beneficial to actually reply intelligently. Consider this example: accidentally running an ele reflect map without realizing it until it's too late. Yeah you messed up, so go get more specters right? Oh wait, with GGG's new method, you'd have to hope you found another map that had them actually physically spawn at the same level or you're losing performance.

The bottom line is they added one QoL change and took away another and replaced it with a WORSE option.
Last edited by Mishrak on Oct 11, 2017, 8:45:32 PM
Would you please clarify on the spectres part, GGG ? Not sure to understand it right
Hf :)
"
Desecrate can now only create monsters that are in the instance it is used in. In areas where no monsters have spawned, a specific desecrate table is used. This fixes a longstanding bug with the desecration list that had further problems introduced due to persistent spectres.

This is the worst idea you ever had. You were so close to making spectres truly fun to play, why did you have to ruin the only way to actually get the spectres you want without spending hours on it?
"
Mishrak wrote:

Rather than troll, it's usually beneficial to actually reply intelligently. Consider this example: accidentally running an ele reflect map without realizing it until it's too late. Yeah you messed up, so go get more specters right? Oh wait, with GGG's new method, you'd have to hope you found another map that had them actually physically spawn at the same level or you're losing performance.

The bottom line is they added one QoL change and took away another and replaced it with a WORSE option.

had to go and get personal, anyway.
how do you even accidentally run rip mods...

just think of you specters as playing hardcore lol.
Last edited by Doyzord on Oct 11, 2017, 8:49:11 PM
"
nman99 wrote:

Yeah I think you read that wrong, "Spectres no longer have their level reduced to the level of the area they are in. Instead, the level of a Spectre is now based on the lowest of either the level of the monster they were raised from, or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used."

It's the lowest of either the the zone you raised them from (so raising from act6 or act10 would be rip) or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used, either way its the lowest level between the two.

I rushed to type my comment and from the patch notes (I was a bit excited as a spectre player), I assumed it's scaled from the skill gem itself. I rushed on reading the patch notes and I interpreted that the spectre would scale to the skill gem's max level. Now after re-reading it, I was wrong and I'm sorry for my half-assed comment.
Last edited by teldara on Oct 11, 2017, 9:07:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info