Content Update 3.0.2 Patch Notes

"
Doyzord wrote:
"
Mishrak wrote:

It just happens, people make mistakes. Specters die. It's really not the point. The point is that they're making them actually harder to obtain instead of easier. This is no longer a patch that's worth anticipating as a summoner. We can only hope they realize their error and remedy it.

dont know if it that big of a deal, since you can force some monster types with map mods (soloris/lunaris fanatics etc).

sure, vanguards and wicker men are less available, but you will eventually encounter them when your doing maps, and get them (like catching pokemon) so i dont think its that bad.

Yep.

So now we'll actually be forced to roll map mods for everything we want. Previously this was only relegated to Frost Sentinels (as far as popular specters go). Now it's a requirement for /all/ the specters we want. This is horrible.
Last edited by Mishrak on Oct 11, 2017, 8:59:47 PM
Using a Portal in the Blood Aqueduct now takes you back to the Sarn Encampment, instead of to Highgate. Why.
"
nman99 wrote:

So lets assume we do summon a TV and Wickerman at Act 6 and Act 10. They'll be the level they were raised from. This benefits a level 1 skill gem. However, in the rather non-detailed patch notes says it's also scaled based on Skill Gem Level. Would the max skill gem level be level 70? 80? 100? We don't know.

Lets, assume the worst and it only scales to level 70. You summon a level 45 TV scaled to 70. And a Level 64 Wickerman scaled to 70. It still does scale to 70 and in a sense "scaling". That is a good and bad depending on your situation. That would mean at a the boss end game you would have to hunt for your spectres which could kill the build.

Hate to break it to you, but it seems you misunderstood that scaling:

"
Instead, the level of a Spectre is now based on the lowest of either the level of the monster they were raised from, or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used

So if the gem allows max level 70 and you raise something in a level 45 zone, the lowest of either is still 45.
If this is exactly what you said
"

Desecrate can now only create monsters that are in the instance it is used in. In areas where no monsters have spawned, a specific desecrate table is used. This fixes a longstanding bug with the desecration list that had further problems introduced due to persistent spectres.

then you can remove Raise Specter skill gem from this game.
So hype for this patch then with few words, GGG completely ruin my hype about specter build.
Bloody stupid.
If you are going to imply this then please add this to your game
"

Spectre level is now the same level as map /zone you are in .

So does Efficacy now support Righteous Fire?
"
Mishrak wrote:

So now we'll actually be forced to roll map mods for everything we want. Previously this was only relegated to Frost Sentinels (as far as popular specters go). Now it's a requirement for /all/ the specters we want. This is horrible.

your not gonna do it on every log out/dc, so i dont get why your so sad lol. and no its not a requirement for all of them, since you can be running maps as usual then eventually just find the monster you want, you then get to keep it indefinitely if you let it survive.
"
loltaze wrote:
"
nman99 wrote:

So lets assume we do summon a TV and Wickerman at Act 6 and Act 10. They'll be the level they were raised from. This benefits a level 1 skill gem. However, in the rather non-detailed patch notes says it's also scaled based on Skill Gem Level. Would the max skill gem level be level 70? 80? 100? We don't know.

Lets, assume the worst and it only scales to level 70. You summon a level 45 TV scaled to 70. And a Level 64 Wickerman scaled to 70. It still does scale to 70 and in a sense "scaling". That is a good and bad depending on your situation. That would mean at a the boss end game you would have to hunt for your spectres which could kill the build.

Hate to break it to you, but it seems you misunderstood that scaling:

"
Instead, the level of a Spectre is now based on the lowest of either the level of the monster they were raised from, or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used

So if the gem allows max level 70 and you raise something in a level 45 zone, the lowest of either is still 45.

I've rushed and didn't fully understand the patch notes. I've edited my post a few times but each edit just keeps getting me discouraged. I was too hopeful.

I'm sorry to everyone who read my initial comment(s) and assumed based on it.
In the next hour I'll lose my spectres, I have no idea of how to get them back after the patch.

I was so looking forward to this patch and now I can't play my build anymore. This really SUCKS!
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
In the next hour I'll lose my spectres, I have no idea of how to get them back after the patch.

I was so looking forward to this patch and now I can't play my build anymore. This really SUCKS!

Same here. The timer at the top of the site is a death timer to my build being playable. I really thought GGG was better than this and now I feel ashamed for thinking that.
Last edited by Grasswhistle on Oct 11, 2017, 9:13:48 PM
"
Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose some progress towards the "Gain Splinters from Unique Breach monsters" challenge.

Can I get those two splinters back, please? That would mean I'd only have to find one more Breachlord to complete the challenge instead of two...

"
Improved the visual effect of the Dusk Weapon Effect on various unique items.

I hope this also includes the Celestial effect! Of all the weapons you'd expect it not be bugged on, it's been bugged on Starforge!

Bug thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2012013

"
Fixed a bug where the Ultimate Chaos Portal and the Pure Light Portal did not have audio.

Can y'all adjust the distance portals spawn from the map device on a per-portal basis? The Light portals overlap in a very fugly way.
https://redd.it/p0hyul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info