Path of Exile vs Diablo 3 2017

easy.

D3 : a childs version of POE for people that are lazy dont want to work for there gear. dont want to fight RNG dont want to earn there XP and skills and work hard for there builds. for people that dont know whats good in an ARPG and for people that over all will waist money paying for charicters that are randomly added as an new DLC without much content comeing out with it that should of just been an update.

POE : a game for the kings of ARPGS. for people that like to work for there skills. work at there skill trys. and enjoy proper RNG. for people that want a challange and dont want everything handed to them like a 5 yearold invilid that cant hold a spoon. for people that enjoy real ARPGs and enjoy a challange that makes them think and grind. for people that are not lazy and want to show the world there good at something. for people that enjoy normel updates. and events. and enjoy micro transaction chests and cosmedics. and dont have to pay for unlockable in game content. that enjoy. a real game.

thats how the 2 compare. in reality. clean and simple. [Removed by Support]. the over all game play is crap. theres less to do in that game then there is in POE and the playerbase here knows it while the player base there beleaves that there game is the only game and will never give up there game. there player base is also smaller and has fewer people online then POE ever will. so. do the math,

POE for life
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Oct 27, 2017, 8:07:18 PM
I bet thinking about PoE makes you real hard.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
samuelsinn wrote:
easy.

Not that easy.

D3 may seem easy at first, however a strong character still is a considerable time investment - (especially HC) - you will have to work for a high paragon level to compete in the higher greater rifts - (unless botting) - augmented primal gear takes longer time to get than most gear in POE with the exception of solo self found mode. It's not that D3 can't be very grindy, it can be very grindy to acquire the best gear.

It's just that the itemization to character development isn't very interesting due to simplification, legendary->ancient legendary - primal legendary >, POE is obviously superior in this regard. However not everything is worse in D3, for example many builds in POE will focus on mindless 1-2 skill spamming, quite a few D3 builds are actually more interactive and takes more skill to play than the average POE build. In poe you invest the entire tree and itemization to make a few skills super ovepowered in their 6 link setups.

D3 in comparison have both ''mindless'' builds such as whirlwind barbs, multishot demon hunters or builds that are going to take concentration and skill to play.

For example Delsere's frozen orb wizard, that's 5 skills that needs to be constantly maintained(Frozen orb, Primary, Slow time, energy twister, explosive blast) and timed with each other, then to make it harder there is 4 second window in a 12 second cyclone to unleash burst damage due to convention of elements mechanics. In comparison here, many POE builds are very easy and simple to play.

If you want to be challenged in D3, there are certainly ways to achieve this, those who claim otherwise lack perspective in this matter and needs to experience D3 at the proper level before they judge.

Also the necro being free content is in my opinion ridiculous to expect, the pricing however is set too high, i do find the same to be true in poe though, i mean 60 bucks for a few mtx aesthetics, that's actually quite insane and makes even the Necro look like a lot of bang for the buck. But developers don't work for free, a free POE without extremely pricy mtxs would not be further developed, at least not at this level of releasing major content every new league cycle. The fact that until recently(Necro) D3 didn't make more cash for blizzard is the very reason it's not prioritized. For the same reason World of Warcract is still their most important game and is at 6(or is it 7?) major expansions.

I find people to be exremely biased in what they invest their time/money in, it's interesting however how both D3 fans and Poe fans seem to praise Grim dawn, although i find Grim dawn to be a good game it's obviously not as good as POE when it comes to build possibilities, the combat isn't close to D3s levels etc.

My Main critic with D3 is that it obviously failed to deliver a proper Arpg experience due to the simplification and arcade style, as an arpg game it's therefore inferior and not worthy to be called a D2 successor, but i do still think it's a good game and fun to play from time to time, content and patches are still being released(latest one, 2.6.1 was damn good for d3 standards tbh) so a comparison is still relevant.
Last edited by wierdzodi on Oct 27, 2017, 10:14:55 PM
"
wierdzodi wrote:
"
samuelsinn wrote:
easy.

Not that easy.

snip

iv played both and comparing them D3 is baby shit compared to POE. there seasons are a joke there builds are a joke. the game play is a joke.

before POE added its new acts and story to the game i would of said the same about both. but in the end POE toped over D3 for the simple fact that thay didnt caiter to the player base and cave giveing them what thay demanded and easyer to play game.

screw there hard core mode on D3 it can be beat hands down with any class and any build where as over here on POE you have to work harder for it and thin how your going to acheve servival till you get to the end of the game.

maxing level in D3 only takes 1 run though of the game so you can unlock the higher difficultys as well as unlock the adventure mode. allowing you to jump around the games maps and access any area you want to not to mention if you can find someone or even have someone that can or wants to play with you. you can power level a level 1 useing a max level paragon X as leader and just scream though to max level in little over an hour or so.

tell me D3 aint easy. there is no skill tree. everything is handed to you,
need a new skill or ability. level up poof there it is. along with a rune.

need a new sword. or weapon that does more damage and gives you an xp boost well look you just got a gold legendary drop from beating a boss. and look its better then what you had before !

need gold to upgrade your blacksmith poof there it is you got a loot goblin and with your lovely X ammount of gold drop from monsters oh wow you got X ammount more !

the necro was a joke. there was no real content added with it other then a few random dungions and the caricter its self. along with a new free slot. bla.

there end game is a bigger joke. it makes POEs map system look like hell on earth. its simple to run and easy to gear up to do.

the fact that every single build can be gotten just by leveling or by grinding a single boss for a short time till it gives you the drop you want alone. makes D3. a waist of time. and not worth the money i waisted buying that crap game.

POE does not caiter to you. it kicks you in the balls tells you to stop whining like a bitch and man up. you need a new skill you go and hunt that shit down. you need to level up you grind a high XP area or a map as much as you can.

you want a stronger weapon you eather buy it though another player or you grind the hell out of the area it has been known to drop till it appears. and even then you have a 1-5% chance of even that !

POE is where real ARPG gamers come to get there fix. yeah POE fans whine and bitch about a few things such as wanting an auction house or a better RNG or even a few other minor things. but we dont exspect the game to hand us everything we need on a gold platter.

atleast in POE your paying to pants. not paying to win. the micro transaction store for POE revolves around buying outfits or skins. that are perm across your whole account. i cant knock them for charging for the higher end stuff a little higher then the lower end stuff. hell its only 5$ for a guild bank. other games make you pay 20$ for some shit like that.

there is no comparing the 2 games. becuse 1 is ultametly. better then the other. and thats POE hands down.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
That was inevitable though. D3 had a lot of great ideas!

It was also inevitable that PoE would drift closer to D3 because Blizzard, for all their faults, are good at knowing what can work and what can't. GGG, on the other hand, have been flying blind since 2010.

yeah... no. Blizzard are imbeciles, pure and simple, they killed D3 for no good reason, letting Blizzard North vanish into thin air. They also killed off tsol, Starcraft, Warcraft, Titan, WoW, an HotS.

They have Overwatch (a very well coded version of Smite) and Hearthstone (and HS only has a few months left in it), that's it.

Pardo and then Sams very literally had 0 idea wtf they were doing. Throw a single dart at a 250slice dart baord and go with the result no matter what.

GGG/Chris Wilson otoh know exactly what they are doing, Chris wants the game to be a playable version of d2Jsp, and if he could make PoE a text-only game with 24-hr delayed trading he would.
"
samuelsinn wrote:
easy.

D3 : a childs version of POE for people that are lazy dont want to work for there gear. dont want to fight RNG dont want to earn there XP and skills and work hard for there builds. for people that dont know whats good in an ARPG and for people that over all will waist money paying for charicters that are randomly added as an new DLC without much content comeing out with it that should of just been an update.

POE : a game for the kings of ARPGS. for people that like to work for there skills. work at there skill trys. and enjoy proper RNG. for people that want a challange and dont want everything handed to them like a 5 yearold invilid that cant hold a spoon. for people that enjoy real ARPGs and enjoy a challange that makes them think and grind. for people that are not lazy and want to show the world there good at something. for people that enjoy normel updates. and events. and enjoy micro transaction chests and cosmedics. and dont have to pay for unlockable in game content. that enjoy. a real game.

thats how the 2 compare. in reality. clean and simple. [Removed by Support]. the over all game play is crap. theres less to do in that game then there is in POE and the playerbase here knows it while the player base there beleaves that there game is the only game and will never give up there game. there player base is also smaller and has fewer people online then POE ever will. so. do the math,

POE for life

I've played both games and disagree with this,

but, BUT, I love this post.
I wanted D3 to succeed, right like who didn’t? The illustrious and coveted franchise...and I can say from my own experience, early on when PoE came out, I tried it and I didn’t like it. It just seemed unpolished, didn’t have a clue, nothing made sense, and blind to its superior potential. First impression failed, and so I just kept playing garbage old D3 in hopes Blizz would make it right, in the aspect of honouring it’s predecessors. It’s a fun and straightforward game, but it fails as at its core; call it anything but Diablo and it wouldn’t make a difference.

So, fans of D3 today are still stuck in the past, the Blizz North days, and also haven’t played or given PoE a serious chance. Theyre in their comfort zone and that is fine, and I’m not knocking them for that, but, it’s a shame so many of them are pinned under Blizz’s incompetence and are missing out on the greatest ARPG experience of all time. 3.0 makes it much easier to get started for new comers, a console port, and all for free. It’s unbelievable really <3 GGG, just get them servers stabilized man!

"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Path of Exile - The Grinding Gear Games remake of the Diablo/Diablo II franchise.

Diablo III - The Disney Studios remake of the Diablo/Diablo II franchise.
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Funny to see all these people bashing D3 when they probably never played it at the highest level. Grinding out near perfect gear, high augments, ancient HfA and gems requires both more time and dedication than buying gear in PoE. Especially in HC.

On the larger scale I agree that PoE is a better game in many ways but there are a few things D3 does better. Both are good games for what they offer.
"
samuelsinn wrote:
there is no comparing the 2 games. becuse 1 is ultametly. better then the other. and thats POE hands down.

That's your subjective opinion, not a fact, i will agree Poe is the superior arpg experience, however D3 despite failing the arpg roots of the diablo series is still a good game, just not a good diablo game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info