Path of Exile vs Diablo 3 2017

Poe already became a shit game, I m hoping something like Poe 2013 comes out some day, I wanna play a hardcore challenging arpg not the garbage "delete everything in seconds" crap we have atm.
"
relithh wrote:
After so many years, IM still waiting for the PVP i paid for in diablo 3.

Becuase PvP in PoE is so good...

No matter its flaw, at least D3 has a better multiplayer experience. PoE is literally designed as a single player online game.
For sure, both games could do better in the PVP department. What do you guys think would be a good cure for this?
D3 is much less of a single player dick measuring contest, but it's too simplified and has less build options. Combat is tighter and feels more fluid in D3, but it's not as varied as PoE as far as enemy modifiers and bosses.

One thing I will give D3 that has a massive leg up on PoE is random groups. Once you hit the endgame in PoE you better have a group of friends or a clan or you will never play in a group. PoE needs some sort of worthwhile random group activity like bounties in D3. I'm tired of sitting in my hideout with my thumb up my ass wondering what to do because I'm burnt out on grinding maps.

I would love some sort of worthwhile group activity in PoE. Trying to find a group to do master rotations or beachheads is not the same. Also this game is a cluster eff in groups and it lags and crashes a lot on high settings. You don't get lag in D3 until you hit the ceiling of endgame content and the enemies have so much HP it bogs down the server trying to do all the math. In D3 they even go as far as removing or making spell effects transparent to other players so the screen isn't a mess and you can actually keep track of what is happening.

IMO the differences now are the same they have always been. D3 is more casual but is set up much better for group play. D3 plays better but there's less variety in gameplay.
"
MikeHoncho wrote:
D3 is much less of a single player dick measuring contest, but it's too simplified and has less build options. Combat is tighter and feels more fluid in D3, but it's not as varied as PoE as far as enemy modifiers and bosses.

One thing I will give D3 that has a massive leg up on PoE is random groups. Once you hit the endgame in PoE you better have a group of friends or a clan or you will never play in a group. PoE needs some sort of worthwhile random group activity like bounties in D3. I'm tired of sitting in my hideout with my thumb up my ass wondering what to do because I'm burnt out on grinding maps.

I would love some sort of worthwhile group activity in PoE. Trying to find a group to do master rotations or beachheads is not the same. Also this game is a cluster eff in groups and it lags and crashes a lot on high settings. You don't get lag in D3 until you hit the ceiling of endgame content and the enemies have so much HP it bogs down the server trying to do all the math. In D3 they even go as far as removing or making spell effects transparent to other players so the screen isn't a mess and you can actually keep track of what is happening.

IMO the differences now are the same they have always been. D3 is more casual but is set up much better for group play. D3 plays better but there's less variety in gameplay.

Agree mostly.

D3 is simple in gearing, & character customization, but strong in combat and multiplayer. It is balance around multiplayer, while PoE is balance around single player, while supporting multiplayer.

Also what I think D3 done right is fixed rewards. When you play any of the main end game mode, you know exactly what fixed rewards you will get, on top of random loot. In Poe everything is random. Would be nice if map bosses have fixed map drop at current level or 2 tier higher, instead of chance to drop, at min. Everything I map, I had to hope I get maps drop equal or higher than the tier I play.

Also end game has more variety than PoE which is 99% mapping using in D3 term speed build. Every end game build in PoE is a speed build. Otherwise you can build dedicated uber farm builds. That's about it.

Even though d3 has less char customization, your char need to be a more all rounder, you need to have speed build setup (ala the map clearing build in PoE), you need a bounty run setup ( a bounty hunting mode with diverse objectives, the nice thing about this modernist all the action took place in actual game world, not maps), a Single Player greater rift pushing build, and a multiplayer greater rift pushing build. There is a lot of rotation and setup on a single char to do in end game. PoE is more about, build a char, take to end game. Bored, make new one. Nothing wrong, but 2 different approach.

I rotate around both games, & others like grim dawn, so I am not burned out. There is charm in both. Nothing wrong though if you like one over the other.

"
relithh wrote:
After so many years, IM still waiting for the PVP i paid for in diablo 3.

Same with poe actualy, they did advertize the game back in 2011-12 as having competitive dueling system. It became a joke once this damn 1.3 LLD focus ruined any attempt at HLD pvp.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Warframe
Wait I thought this is GGG POE forums not Blizzard HQ circle jerk forums. :Thinking:
PoE has much better lore and story, but D3 is harder and has better character customization.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
PoE has much better lore and story, but D3 is harder and has better character customization.

What? I think you have that the other way around. D3 is not harder at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info