Leagues should be shorter

The fact that I quit for this league is not a complete reason I'm suggesting this -

It does not take much investigiation to see that big number of players have quit the game - whether you go on poe.trade, search for anything and see that first dozen of players were last online 1 month ago, whether you check your friend list, whether you listen to video content online...

The problem is that the big portion of people have ragequit, some portion want to come back, but it's not stimulating to come back when it's hard to buy anything for your char. You come back, you see an item which is perfect for you, and realise the guy was last online 2 months ago.

Many people have done everything they set out to do in the game, got their challenges, killed atziri, shaper and left for that reason.

Some people simply burned out.

4 Months is a long time, and I don't quite see what the logic with that timeframe is.

Why not just make it 2 months with interesting variations to the league?
Last bumped on Oct 9, 2017, 2:11:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
See how I feel =(
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
It's perfectly normal to play the game in cycles: grind for a month or two, then take a break for a couple of months, then come back for the next league. If we had a never-ending series of short race leagues, people would simply burn out and quit the game permanently. The current 4-month cycle looks almost perfect to me, as it gives even casual players enough time to level at least one character, and then take some time off and recover before the next league.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
"
The fact that I quit for this league is not a complete reason I'm suggesting this -

It does not take much investigiation to see that big number of players have quit the game - whether you go on poe.trade, search for anything and see that first dozen of players were last online 1 month ago, whether you check your friend list, whether you listen to video content online...

The problem is that the big portion of people have ragequit, some portion want to come back, but it's not stimulating to come back when it's hard to buy anything for your char. You come back, you see an item which is perfect for you, and realise the guy was last online 2 months ago.

Many people have done everything they set out to do in the game, got their challenges, killed atziri, shaper and left for that reason.

Some people simply burned out.

4 Months is a long time, and I don't quite see what the logic with that timeframe is.

Why not just make it 2 months with interesting variations to the league?

yeah because it gives ggg less time to come up with a new league and leagues will get worse and worse because people wants it to be shorter every time xD

you don't have to play leagues! just play std or another game ffs x'D some people actually like it being 4 months because when it's over we have a week rest and then we can start a new fresh league.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
That what i said a few days early. Leagues are dead

If u cant launch new league earlier, do a 1-2week races atleast
Leagues are fine. What's not fine is lack of longer term goals for Standard. The reason that there is a distain for playing your characters up in standard is that there's really nothing that people don't do in league play... you just have longer to do it. The game needs goals that take longer than 3 months, or even a year to accomplish. People who play leagues could work on those type of goals in the off season.

Or... we need paid leagues. You could pay for a 1 month league if you wanted one. You could control the permission to participate. You would be in charge as to what mods you select for your league.
It depends on how much free time one has. Players with jobs & family can’t afford to play all that much, and in their case, leagues should be longer.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
It depends on how much free time one has. Players with jobs & family can’t afford to play all that much, and in their case, leagues should be longer.

Not with the actual list of challenges. 1hour per day during two months is good enough clearly.

Back to OP it's not that league should be shorter because we know what happen when GGG rush on agenda and it's not that good, instead of that i would welcome one flashback event starting after two months in the league and that's it. Or eventualy something that can be fun in standard league why not.
Hf :)
Maybe one reason I feel that 3 months is a fine length... I've never played a character that can clear maps in seconds. I've never speed-run to maps just so I could be first to get stuff. I've never "burnt out" in the first week.

Maybe people who feel leagues should be shorter should look to how they play the game as it is, rather than try to change it into something it was never meant to be.
no, because some of us have a life sry!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info