Leagues should be shorter

I agree with Shug on this1, what u c, ppl rush as fk, on start of league. Hell some ppl take off for a week just for that 1st week, than they have got all t challenges and most gear and all t farming and than they burn out and quit in couple of weeks cos "game is boring” and than says league should b shorter.. LOL In my experience league is not dead at all, as some ppl say, all town I visited was full with players lvling new char. And i always have way better experience with trading also.. Probably cos most flippers and price fixers got bored also;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
I don't think they should be shorter, 3 months is already pretty short. They should be better designed. Harbinger had zero thought put into it and it shows. It's not fun to play, the loot isn't fun to collect and it's exactly the same at level 90 as it is at level 1. The fact GGG didn't touch endgame at all for 3.0 other than tripling boss life makes this even worse.
Leagues being ded are a function of how good they are, not how long they are.

I do think they should be able to cut leagues short if they're not performing well though. Completionists will hate it, but if we see a repeat of Invasion and the league dies 1 week from the start it shouldn't be able to have the side effect of taking the game with it. This is even more of a potential problem now that there's only one league instead of two.
"
4 Months is a long time, and I don't quite see what the logic with that timeframe is.

Development time for the next league.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Maybe one reason I feel that 3 months is a fine length... I've never played a character that can clear maps in seconds. I've never speed-run to maps just so I could be first to get stuff. I've never "burnt out" in the first week.

Maybe people who feel leagues should be shorter should look to how they play the game as it is, rather than try to change it into something it was never meant to be.

I honestly hate the point I get to maps. I would be happy if areas in act 10 would just scale to player level.
Originally Posted by battlebug on 12.02.2011:

can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Please end harbinger league now. Two more months of this is too much.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Sure, leagues should be shorter if you buy challenges in 820 and leveing in beachhead rotations. Of course it should be shorter if your final goal is to kill shaper and Uber atziri. People do it on the first week you know.
I'm still playing and enjoying the league and a lot of ppl are. You just gotta find yourself what to do. I think leagues should last longer.
Idk if you guys have noticed the cycle of what GGG usually do under these conditions. Whenever they have a longer league because they are working on expansion they usually do run some sort of race or 1 month in tandem with the league so that people have the option. Just because they haven't announced it yet doesn't mean they aren't planning something like this. I'd expect an announcement of some sort soon to announce 1 month if history is any judge.
were you saying this about breach league?

seems like its more dependent on the league itself. a lot of people are not too thrilled about this league mechanic, because once you do enough of beachhead and get super sick of that (rotas are cancer) then the actual mechanic of harbingers in your maps and such is so underwhelming. as a player you just don't feel its presence.

breach however was super fun at all times and still is - people wish it lasted longer. legacy was the same, for the most part. though it did last too long, haha.

i think leagues should be 3-4 months. but keep in mind they're usually timing the leagues with their major content patches.
it isn't a problem to take a break from the game for the remainder of the league or something, either.
4 months is not enough, 6 months would be a lot better IMHO.
IGN TylordRampage
3 months is a "just right" amount of time. GGG stretched Legacy to 4 months to give themselves time to finish FoO (even though they FOObared it with the additional time) and now Harbingers will be close to 4 months for more time for GGG to get their Christmas season patch finished so they are pushing way past 3 months on the Challenge leagues of late. I do get it, 3 months is very short for the developers to push out new content all the time yet with the main 10 act content being easier it's easy to get to level 90 (my personal softcap) within 3 months. Just need about 200 hours over the 90+ days of a standard 3 month league to get there as a casual player (ignore and/or screw the full time players that get to 100 < 1 month, they are outliers). So we get our own playing goals reached sooner and thus stop playing much until the next league starts. This is normal for most. Anything shorter than 3 months is just more catering to the elite players again.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info