When are we getting better trading tools?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It doesn't matter what you call it. If you allow people to easily drop an item into your system and come back later to find that someone has left them something for it, you will flood the market with items that people currently don't want to bother with.

People don't seem to realize the scope of that.

You'll get a VAST increase in supply. You'll also decrease the demand for your items because your customers will have already bought items that they're happy with.

It shouldn't take a master's degree to figure out that your "market" will crash.

Still at it, i see? The endurance displayed in this thread is legendary.

You are right, of course. But as you know, people don't care, because a lot of them aren't touching the loot at all, besides cards and currency. And they do not have many fucks to give about anything not affecting them in a negative manner.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

Still at it, i see? The endurance displayed in this thread is legendary.

You are right, of course. But as you know, people don't care, because a lot of them aren't touching the loot at all, besides cards and currency. And they do not have many fucks to give about anything not affecting them in a negative manner.

Apparently it is.

I don't know who is playing the game like that, and where did you get that data, but don't you think that it's a personal choice whether to pick stuff or not? Personally, I tend to tp out 2-3 times a map since I pick up random crap. Yet I'd still love to see AH implemented. Also, don't you think that if some people want to progress without much trading (like you, for instance), an AH wouldn't affect them? What I'm trying to say is that nobody forces you to trade. Explain, please, how would that affect you in a negative manner? I can't see the way it'll have any impact on the people who don't trade as much. On the other hand, the players who want AH have to deal with the current system, as they have no choice (afkers, price fixers, "sorry, sold", etc.) It's like you're trying to pursuade others that AH introduction is bound to have bad consequences.

Coming back to one of your previous replies, we both agreed that the flood of low-tier items would cause them to decrease in value, whereas those highly wanted top-tier uniques and good-rolled rares will still be kept in high demand. Then how on Earth is it possible for an enormous influx of items to happen if people pick up just cards and currency? It doesn't make much sense.

Each to their own. Let people choose how to play, nobody is forcing you to trade to win. You can play semi-SSF, I used to do that as well. But if I want to get BiS items, 6L t1 uniques in a league, I need to trade. It's hardly doable during a league lifespan if you don't play every day for x or even xx hours. A large part of community won't even get a single 6L by fusing during a league. I can always play without such items, there's always an alternative, but why limit options?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:

It doesn't matter what you call it. If you allow people to easily drop an item into your system and come back later to find that someone has left them something for it, you will flood the market with items that people currently don't want to bother with.

You'll get a VAST increase in supply. You'll also decrease the demand for your items because your customers will have already bought items that they're happy with.

It shouldn't take a master's degree to figure out that your "market" will crash.

Honestly, why do you puke all over this thread when your only purpose seems to be trolling (I can't take you serious anymore).

You don't even read replies, do you?

You do get a VAST increase in supply of the items that are cheap anyway. The time is the factor that decreases the demand for most of the items in leagues. I'm glad Phrazz brought up the issue of Standard and temporary leagues differences. Standard is basically a depiction of what would have happened to a league if it was extended by a much longer period of time. Hard to sell anything, most of the items that are at least worth SOMETHING in leagues are vendor trash there. IT SHOULDN'T TAKE A MASTER'S DEGREE to realise that oversupply is INEVITABLE.

Do you even play this game, or just randomly reply whatever you think at the very moment?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

But this has literally already happened, didn't you play before ggg implemented an api? When they released public stash tabs all the prices for items crashed. hard. Trading is extremely accessible as it is, it doesn't require a masters degree to tick a premium tag as public and set a b/o. The only thing an AH does is improve qol.
"
Danielskiv wrote:
Also, don't you think that if some people want to progress without much trading (like you, for instance), an AH wouldn't affect them? What I'm trying to say is that nobody forces you to trade. Explain, please, how would that affect you in a negative manner? I can't see the way it'll have any impact on the people who don't trade as much.

If you have to ask those questions, you clearly haven't been reading anything I have said, or you actually DO want me to repeat myself - again.

How would an AH affect them? Well, I still believe that an AH would make the game easier. Why? Because an AH would push more items into the market, pushing prices down on anything other than very good rares, certain uniques etc. The accessibility of gear would be higher than it is today. And I firmly believe (fear) that these changes would force other changes and adjustments from GGG, like drop rates, monster difficulty etc, when the expected quality of your gear is higher. Would it make the end of the end game bosses easier? probably not, but the game is bigger than that.

Not only that, but as we agreed on - and you mentioned - very good rares "don't drop" often. So the items I pick up and would like to sell are worth? Yes, not much, because the amount of items like that on the market is.. Huge...

"But hey, if "nobody" is identifying rares, why would the marked crash, duh, dah"

Because even tho "a lot" (sorry, have no sources, links or graphs for using these words) don't pick up rares, a lot of other people still are. And with easy trading, more people WILL trade. A LOT more people will trade. Fuck, an AH would even make a lot of players come back to the game - just because there's an AH. Some people will even start to pick up more items - just because the time investment needed to sell these items, even though the prices will drop, are "nothing".

If you would like me to stop repeating myself, please stop asking questions I've already answered several times.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 18, 2017, 4:07:14 PM
"
thevdende wrote:

But this has literally already happened, didn't you play before ggg implemented an api? When they released public stash tabs all the prices for items crashed. hard. Trading is extremely accessible as it is, it doesn't require a masters degree to tick a premium tag as public and set a b/o. The only thing an AH does is improve qol.

Maybe. But with an AH, it will happen even faster than it does each league. Much faster.
"
Phrazz wrote:
... And with easy trading, more people WILL trade. A LOT more people will trade. Fuck, an AH would even make a lot of players come back to the game - just because there's an AH...

Sounds great to me :D

As to the trade-improvement naysayers: I think your logic is messed up if you claim the increase in traders magically fills only supply and does not increase demand.

And a little messed up if all these new traders magically have a ton of currency to spend on things and "instantly" buy good gear, thus trivializing the game and immediately leaving.

Unless, of course, you are worried about the "economy" in the standard league. At which point... I...

I have nothing to say about that. You get a pat on the head.
"
Phrazz wrote:

If you have to ask those questions, you clearly haven't been reading anything I have said, or you actually DO want me to repeat myself - again.

How would an AH affect them? Well, I still believe that an AH would make the game easier. Why? Because an AH would push more items into the market, pushing prices down on anything other than very good rares, certain uniques etc. The accessibility of gear would be higher than it is today. And I firmly believe (fear) that these changes would force other changes and adjustments from GGG, like drop rates, monster difficulty etc, when the expected quality of your gear is higher. Would it make the end of the end game bosses easier? probably not, but the game is bigger than that.

This is merely your belief, everyone can make assumptions, this isn't the answer. And of course accessibility would be fucking higher ANYWAY, how many leagues you need to play in order to observe that it doesn't have anything to do with AH? Holy shit, I don't want to repeat myself this time. Why hadn't they adjusted the difficulty in Standard League hence people have an easier access to godly tier stuff? Hell, players even have legacy items and whatnot.

"
Not only that, but as we agreed on - and you mentioned - very good rares "don't drop" often. So the items I pick up and would like to sell are worth? Yes, not much, because the amount of items like that on the market is.. Huge...

As it is already at this stage of the league? What the actual fuck. You try not to see it, or you're trying to delude yourself as well as everyone here that you won't be able to sell anything, because AH? I can't sell shit now. 2 months ago it was way different as the league had just started.

"
"But hey, if "nobody" is identifying rares, why would the marked crash, duh, dah"

Pointed out you're contradicting yourself, and yet, you haven't realised that even if I quoted your own words.

"
Because even tho "a lot" (sorry, have no sources, links or graphs for using these words) don't pick up rares, a lot of other people still are. And with easy trading, more people WILL trade. A LOT more people will trade. Fuck, an AH would even make a lot of players come back to the game - just because there's an AH. Some people will even start to pick up more items - just because the time investment needed to sell these items, even though the prices will drop, are "nothing".

Your problem with easy trade is that everyone would have the BASIC RIGHT OF VIRTUALLY ANY MMO GAME TO HAVE THE MEANS TO ACQUIRE GOOD GEAR after having invested some time in playing the game and trading. Are you fucking envious or jealous that other people that didn't have the opportunity/didn't bother to trade much will be able to compete with the players who invest more time in playing the game? They'll be needing more time than them anyway, but in this case, you don't even consider those "casual" players, who don't really have the chance to fully enjoy the game during leagues. Pointing this out since you seem to be trying to defend those "oppressed" and "neglected" players who don't want to see AH in this game. That is YOUR problem.

Once again - nobody is to be forced to use an AH. Were we talking about a nerf that would affect everyone's gameplay, you'd have a justified right to have an objection, but here, dear sir, you're being an old fart that is against something that wouldn't affect him nor any other person who doesn't trade as much.

Let people choose what they fucking want.

"
If you would like me to stop repeating myself, please stop asking questions I've already answered several times.

I will once you start talking with sense, and I've already seen you can, but for most of the time you're trying so hard you don't even realise.

"
(...) with an AH, it will happen even faster than it does each league. Much faster.

You're not trading much, yet you care. You'd start trading heavily provided AH was introduced? And then get bored after a month into league? If so, then why do you even play this game? To acquire stuff, kill shaper, and leave? Maybe some people do that, it's their choice. Or you're trying to speak on behalf of others?

I wonder why do I even bother at this point.
"
Danielskiv wrote:
Why hadn't they adjusted the difficulty in Standard League hence people have an easier access to godly tier stuff? Hell, players even have legacy items and whatnot.

Because it's widely known that GGG don't offer much thought towards standard. They hammered the last nail in the coffin proving that when they changed the Zana mods in Legacy league due to the league stones, and mastered to do the same in standard. The game is - and will always be - balanced around league - and standard is - and always will be - following.

"

As it is already at this stage of the league? What the actual fuck. You try not to see it, or you're trying to delude yourself as well as everyone here that you won't be able to sell anything, because AH? I can't sell shit now. 2 months ago it was way different as the league had just started.

Yes, as it already is NOW. That's inevitable at this point in the league, and I didn't say anything on that matter. But an AH would accelerate this progression, making items less valuable much sooner/faster.

"

Pointed out you're contradicting yourself, and yet, you haven't realised that even if I quoted your own words.

No, it was the words I repeated from another debater in here. My point? Of course people playing like this advocate FOR an AH, as they isolate themselves from all items in the game already.

"
...BASIC RIGHT OF VIRTUALLY ANY MMO GAME TO HAVE THE MEANS TO ACQUIRE GOOD GEAR

A view like that is a problem. First of, PoE isn't an MMO. Don't compare it to MMOs. And try to bring up an example of ARPGs that have introduced an instant buyout AH with success. I don't know of any, but I haven't played them all. Second, why is it your right to be able to buy gear easier than now? And then you bring in jalousies? No, I'm not jealous. Time investment should equal power, and I haven't said ONE word against that, even if you interpret it like that.

But I give up. You try HARD to misinterpret everything I say to hyperbole it, and keep putting words in my mouth. I'll en my discussion with you with a quote from Chris, followed by a question or two:

"
Chris wrote:
We are acutely aware of the danger of implementing accurate search + buyouts.

What "dangers" do YOU think he's referring to, and why do YOU think that an AH with instant buyouts hasn't been implemented yet? Do you think GGG are unable to, or are hesitant to because of said dangers?
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 18, 2017, 5:31:12 PM
"
Miská wrote:
I agree that premium tabs already downed the market pretty hard. As so it's a foresight what would happen if you implement an even more convenient system.

Not necessarily. I think that there is a point where the system is convenient enough for most of the valuable stuff to make it to the market. And it seems to me like we already reached that point. So, i don't think that the supply of decent gear will increase enough to cause any kind of crash. I can see how there would be some drop in price, but not as extreme as you are predicting.

"
Miská wrote:
Sure you all will be happy for a moment because no more AFK or offline people. But that will quickly be forgotten and then the focus will come onto the part where you aren't generating any currency unless you sit infront of the AH (Like pretty much any other game that has an AH)

The thing I genuinely don't understand is if you are already whining about flipping now and how people profit of the current system how the hell do you think it will be when every little bit of effort is removed? The only way then will be to sit infront of an AH trading all day. Trying to snatch up good deals. You really wanna play poe like that?

That's already the case. Flipping items is already extremely profitable. On top of that, it's much easier now than it would be in an AH. You don't need to look for good deals, they literally pop up on your screen. In an AH, you would need to actually do work to find under-priced items.

Have you used D3's AH? You had to in-put affixes all over again for each new search. Can you imagine how much work it would take, comparing to poe.trade? Even if GGG allows you to save filters, it would still be a lot more work, since you would need to manually go through the listings.

In poe.trade you can setup as many filters as you want, turn on auto-notifications, and save them. You can also save all active filters in your browser. So when you open a fresh browser, you can load all of the filters with a couple clicks. And then you can keep playing the game, or watch a movie, and have under-priced items pop up on your screen.
Before I ask my question, I just want to point out that I really don't care whether or not we get an AH. Either way works for me.

So, the biggest fear with an AH is that item will flood the market and drive prices into the shitter. I'm sure people would complain that they purchased Premium Stash Tabs for the sole purpose or trading, but I was wondering if limiting the number of active listings you could have at once would help at all?

I ask this because I played a game called Trove a few years ago. When I started we only traded through forums and trade chat. A few months down the line, they implemented an instabuy AH. Prices somewhat dropped for lower value, more common items. High value items stayed relatively the same. One of the ways they handled the AH is by having limited listing slots. You started at 3 and you could buy additional slots up to a maximum.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Oct 18, 2017, 6:25:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info