[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

"
BETTERPC wrote:
But how to lv up easily from 1 to 56, 56 to 76?

You can level from 1 to 56 as a generic 2h weapon sunder duelist, just get resolute technique.
If you're playing on softcore, you can play the build from 56+, for hardcore, I'd recommend waiting out until ~68 (or whenever you decide to start with T1 maps for that matter)

"
DunkMG wrote:
I'll be starting a new character tomorrow with a buddy who is new to the game.

Heya, thanks for your interest, just a quick headsup -
The way monster life (and monster explosion damage) works mechanically with groups is as follows:

More players in the same group multiplies monster's base life.
Explosions deal damage equal to a % of monster BASE life.

This means you will be doing 1 player damage while monsters have 2 player hp.
Last edited by lucksickle on Oct 22, 2017, 2:02:30 AM
Seems like a cool build and I've been wanting to try RF for a while now. I'm on Xbox so weapon swap isn't an option, but I'm planning to keep the extra set of weapons in my bag while I try it.

I do have one question for you, I just hit 57 so I'm getting ready to think about swapping from leveling to the build but I started wondering how you do you deal with level 1 gems in many of the slots? I was using Sunder setup. Was I supposed to be leveling the real gems for the swap or what is the plan for that? Sorry if I missed that part in the guide.

Very interesting build :) ... I will definitely try it out... quick question, whilst leveling with sunder do you follow the passive tree path(s) you have or you do something different and respec later? I understand about the Resolute Technique bit, which would need to be respeced, was wondering if anything else.. Do you have any recommendations on how to follow the passive tree whilst leveling and beyond?
"
hornbill wrote:
Very interesting build :) ... I will definitely try it out... quick question, whilst leveling with sunder do you follow the passive tree path(s) you have or you do something different and respec later? I understand about the Resolute Technique bit, which would need to be respeced, was wondering if anything else.. Do you have any recommendations on how to follow the passive tree whilst leveling and beyond?

I can only speak for myself but I have followed the build exactly while using Sunder and have had no issues. I'm in Act 8 ATM. Only died to that stupid Bear you fight in the zone collecting fireflies and that thing kicks my ass every time I level. A few fights I was sure I would die but the leech is super strong even with Sunder. I used a 4-link Ancestral Warchief totem and I have some random single target skill for cleanup if Sunder is being difficult.
"
Jauron wrote:
I do have one question for you, I just hit 57 so I'm getting ready to think about swapping from leveling to the build but I started wondering how you do you deal with level 1 gems in many of the slots? I was using Sunder setup. Was I supposed to be leveling the real gems for the swap or what is the plan for that? Sorry if I missed that part in the guide.

You just discard the sunder jewels once you're done leveling. If you don't plan on doing weapon swap, then you can just carry some random weapons on your 2nd set to level gems in them (never weapon swapping). You won't really be needing them anymore once you change the build though.

"
hornbill wrote:
quick question, whilst leveling with sunder do you follow the passive tree path(s) you have or you do something different and respec later?

Yup, much like Hornbill said, you can use sunder /ancestral warchief and that sort of stuff. As for the passive tree, just stretch out to resolute technique, and grab nearby attack speed / generic 2 hand weapon nodes (so you can swap from 2h swords to maces or whatever you find while leveling). You get 24 respec points from the quest lines iirc, so feel free to go out of your way to make leveling a bit easier on you.

I'll try to include a random 2h weapon passive tree for leveling sometime soon.
Since RF is my favorit skill i level a duelist now too just to check out your build.

Tried already crafting the amulet, but dayum 100+ (70 life, res/all res) corrupted and not a single one. 8 ex more to go. we will see how it turns out :D

Will update when i switch to the build - i hope its little bit more fun than the pure kaoms heart rf without sr. So far low life rf is my favorite.
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
Jauron wrote:

You just discard the sunder jewels once you're done leveling. If you don't plan on doing weapon swap, then you can just carry some random weapons on your 2nd set to level gems in them (never weapon swapping). You won't really be needing them anymore once you change the build though.

I may not have been clear. Yes I replace sunder with new gems, but those gems are level 1. Are level 1 gems enough at level 58 to actually kill anything and if not, what do I do about that to get them leveled? Do I go farm lower levels? Are they good at X level to do tier 1 maps?

I think I will finish up story with Sunder, but then how do I take all new gems and kill anything when they have not been leveled yet?
You can start leveling the gems as soon as they are available to you by placing them in free sockets or by putting them in your other weapon set. This way they will level with you and not be level 1 when you start using them.
"
DunkMG wrote:
You can start leveling the gems as soon as they are available to you by placing them in free sockets or by putting them in your other weapon set. This way they will level with you and not be level 1 when you start using them.

I don't have another weapon set, I'm on Xbox. That feature is currently missing. I don't have nearly enough free slots to level as I go. I might be able to fit in 3 or 4 gems ATM.

Is there kind of a minimum level to do t1 maps or a priority of gems to level?
"
Jauron wrote:
I don't have another weapon set, I'm on Xbox. That feature is currently missing. I don't have nearly enough free slots to level as I go. I might be able to fit in 3 or 4 gems ATM.

Ah sorry, I didn't get you the first time. Also, I had no idea weapon sets were disabled on xbox. Since you won't be able to swap for bosses/maps, you'll have to fit everything in one set, I'd go for:

(6link) Dark Pact
(4link) Righteous Fire
(4link) Flame Dash
(4link) Blasphemy - curse - A - B
(3link) cwdt - immortal call - C
(3link) whither - spell totem - faster casting

You can drop your vaal lightning trap, blood rage (and 2nd curse if you're running one), in gem sockets A, B, and C

For leveling you'll only need a 4 link weapon or tabula on your chest, and hatred/herald of ash. You /could/ get a cwdt-imcall set up too, so that'll leave you with... around 8-12 open sockets depending on whether you keep your gear as you find it or if you 4 socket them (too much of an expense maybe). The gems you want to level in order or importance are:

Dark Pact
Concentrated Effect
Spell Echo
Controlled Destruction

Burning Damage
Elemental Focus

Whither
Spell Totem

Faster casting
Increased Duration

Concentrated Effect
Righteous Fire
Void Manipulation
Faster Casting
Added Chaos

"
Jauron wrote:
Is there kind of a minimum level to do t1 maps or a priority of gems to level?

T1 maps are of zone level 68, depending on your gear, you can start them off a bit before level 68 or a bit after if you want to feel more safe, but you're looking to be at around that level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info