[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

"
Wasfill wrote:
What do you think about Essence of Delirium amu and Atziri's Promise?

If you went with delirium amulet, it'd be nearly impossible to get +1 curse I think, plus you'd lose on a blue item as far as damage goes. The flask doesn't give you any extra damage, would just be additional leech, which you don't really need as warlord's mark gives you more than enough.

As long as you're doing good damage, you'll be capped on the amount of leech you get out of it anyways, and if you're trying to replace warlord's mark, then I wouldn't suggest it because you'll then struggle with mana leech or regen.

"
Obermaster10 wrote:
I might switch to blue helmet with enchant and delirium craftet gloves

This, on the other hand, is a good option. I don't remember which of the two essences is cheaper, but it isn't much of a difference. You can use either as the more multiplier is the same for the sake of RF. It won't be any cheaper I don't think, since the crafting cost/odds should be around the same. The only reason I went with helmet craft was because I initially wanted to get temporal chains on hit corrupt for gloves, but given that fingerless implicit is the best you can get, you can essence craft either.

In other news, someone whispered me ingame telling me they're attempting the build on HC, so it'll be nice to hear what his experience is like.
Love this idea! Used to play a obliteration BV zerker way back when using Hidden Potential and actually my most expensive item was a Culling corrupted Obliteration.

Thought about going for one of those? I'm tempted to run this in either one of the 10 day events or in 3.1 assuming nothing gets changed.
"
helgi wrote:
Love this idea! Used to play a obliteration BV zerker way back when using Hidden Potential and actually my most expensive item was a Culling corrupted Obliteration.

Thought about going for one of those? I'm tempted to run this in either one of the 10 day events or in 3.1 assuming nothing gets changed.

Hi! Thanks for your interest. I looked into corrupted implicits for wands before and didn't see anything better than 37% increased spell damage. Culling wouldn't be very useful since we already have Slayer's even better cull at 20% monster life or less. I'd encourage you to try it for either/both event and 3.1, I know I'll be rerunning this build very likely on 3.1 :p
"
lucksickle wrote:

"
daiverok wrote:
3. Flasks - endless using all of them when they buffs faded?

?

I must use all the flasks on an any pack of monsters ?
Also - what about uberlab with all keys ?
PS Also - is that build ok for 10 day racing challenges what are coming ?
Last edited by daiverok on Oct 30, 2017, 10:02:04 PM
"
lucksickle wrote:

Hi! Thanks for your interest. I looked into corrupted implicits for wands before and didn't see anything better than 37% increased spell damage. Culling wouldn't be very useful since we already have Slayer's even better cull at 20% monster life or less. I'd encourage you to try it for either/both event and 3.1, I know I'll be rerunning this build very likely on 3.1 :p

Ah, of course. Slayer's cull makes that corruption pointless haha.
Oh man! The build is just great. Tell me pls would retch belt benefit from our leech based slayer and does blue magic jewels counts as magic items and gives 25% damage with Hidden potential?
Really appreciate you answering my questions a few pages back. I hit 83 last night and I'm feeling fairly comfortable with the build now. I had a few more questions when you get some time.

1. Can you please explain the blood rage's role in the build? Is primarily to get the 50% healing from our god power? I had to drop it a while back due to some socket color issues but now I think that was a mistake. Before I start investing again in proper colors I want to be sure of it's role in our build.

2. What level (character and gem) do you think is a good time to take on Uber Labs? I've never even tried it as I just got the last trial last week and while I have ~15-20 offerings I don't really want to waste them before I should be able to handle it. I still struggle with some bosses in mapping, although i'm getting better at staying alive. I've done T9 just to see if I could but mostly run T6-7 for XP. I just barely survived merc labs @79. The final boss form got me down to maybe 10% of my life at one point. I am just using blues for all slots except weapons. I have ~5600 life and a 5-link for dark pact if any of that matters. I am overcapped on resistances by about 20, except for chaos which I am still at -60.

3. Thoughts on other end game content and levels of characters / gems?

This build is great and I can see myself getting to 90 with it. Trash is a breeze, bosses are where I still get nervous.
hey mate, nice guide and build.

Thing is, the stuff was not cheap for the build. Good magic items cost much for some reason. But, still less than other builds.

I have one problem: The defense is too low. Only 17% phys reduction. I can map somewhat fine, but boss encounters, or Harbinger mobs are difficult and often causes death.

Could you please take a look at my character and see what I'm doing wrong? Character name: FancyPantz
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
"
hey mate, nice guide and build.

Thing is, the stuff was not cheap for the build. Good magic items cost much for some reason. But, still less than other builds.

I have one problem: The defense is too low. Only 17% phys reduction. I can map somewhat fine, but boss encounters, or Harbinger mobs are difficult and often causes death.

Could you please take a look at my character and see what I'm doing wrong? Character name: FancyPantz

Yea, i was quite surprised how expensive good blue items are. This isnt a low budget build once you enter higher tier maps. It starts early with a proper RF entchantment for the helmet or glove which is 30c easily.

And now to your problem. Phy reduction doesent help at all, armor doesent work like elemental reduction, the harder the hit the less protection it gives. Its only good against plenty of small hits. Therefore i even question if the point in Iron Reflexes is useful here.

What keeps you alive is the insane constant leech. It means you need alot of damage and since you are using DP on boss fights, you need a weapon swap because Obliteration wands are only good for mapping. I would go for a 5 link Carcass with 2 Apep wands or a 6 link with 2 blue wands (with alot of Spell Damage).
You are missing these and you are missing the 30% more damage enchant on either the helmet or glove to increase your RF damage.

Remember, damage is what keeps you alive! :)

Btw, dont use Temporal Chains. You need Warlords mark and Enfeeble is the better 2nd curse.
Hello, thank you for this original build, few days ago I was looking for a build taking benefit of the RF spell damage and days later for a build stacking slayer regen forever.
U made them all in once. Well done sir.

I have few questions :
1 : can you use this build without hidden potential but rare/unique items or is the -25% spell damage/item a too big loss ?

2 : can this build still be played with only one Obliteration wand? Allowing us to use a shield, rise of the phoenix for exemple? (btw I think there is a little typo in your build : with two obliteration it is not 40% chance to make monster explode but 36% (20%+80%*20%) but who cares?)
For exemple: to have better regen, to have block and to play with EE and shield charge

3 : have u tried to play with another spell than dark pact? If u had to, which spell would you consider?
(I'm asking coz I suspect a nerf of dark pact in next league)

Again : well done, sir.
Last edited by BaKouneT on Nov 2, 2017, 5:48:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info