[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

Really interesting build!

How reliant is the build on getting good 3-stat jewels?

As far as I can see, the jewels would by far be the most expensive part of the build (not counting 6-links and other super late-game items)
IGN: EMIRINE
"
Tecke wrote:

As far as I can see, the jewels would by far be the most expensive part of the build (not counting 6-links and other super late-game items)

After toying a little bit with PoB to see how it would work with cheap gear (lets say his same items and 4 cheap jewels and 5l) damage gets pretty much halved. From where I see it, the build relies a lot on jewels and getting 20/20 gems. That doesnt mean its bad, ofc, just maybe not for my poor self. Dammit, but I wanted an RF build and this looks fun.
"
KairoStark wrote:

Yeah, the jewels are clearly the most expensive part, It's the first time I've spent more than 20c on a jewels (something I never thought I would, but the build was cheap enough to allow me to.)

It works just as well for clearing mobs with 2 line jewels. I ran life + area damage jewels for very long. I think I swapped into 3 line jewels by level 90 or so, which was mostly for a single target increase.

"
Tecke wrote:
Damage gets pretty much halved. From where I see it, the build relies a lot on jewels and getting 20/20 gems.

Are the numbers you getting for single target? If you're calculating with a 5 link, I reckon you're using dual wield Apep's Rage, right? Because that's what I did until I got a 6link. 2 line jewels should be enough up to level 90, and you should be able to level with your own gems, as that is what I did. My atlas is shaped, so perhaps my information is limited. I can assure you you can run Shaped Racecourse / Catacombs with a 5 link and 2 line jewels (and apeps) though.

General map clearing beyond that point should not be an issue since your damage scales with monster life, but tier 13+ map bosses could be perhaps. I started getting my upgrades around that height.
Last edited by lucksickle on Oct 18, 2017, 3:36:24 AM
I love it. Thanks for taking the time to do the write up and for sharing this bad ass build. Always wanted to get something like this going.
Added videos for the remaining guardians, T15 Beachhead, and Uber Lab.
Updated the Ascendancy Order image as it was mistaken before.
Added a mention to Hexproof Map Mod - It denies your single target leech, be weary
Thx for your reply above :)

Ill make sure to post a short review of my experiences, if I end up trying the build for my december league starter :)
IGN: EMIRINE
"
lucksickle wrote:

Are the numbers you getting for single target? If you're calculating with a 5 link, I reckon you're using dual wield Apep's Rage, right? Because that's what I did until I got a 6link. 2 line jewels should be enough up to level 90, and you should be able to level with your own gems, as that is what I did. My atlas is shaped, so perhaps my information is limited. I can assure you you can run Shaped Racecourse / Catacombs with a 5 link and 2 line jewels (and apeps) though.

General map clearing beyond that point should not be an issue since your damage scales with monster life, but tier 13+ map bosses could be perhaps. I started getting my upgrades around that height.

Yea, I pretty much took your char to PoB and removed jewels and one gem. I still think it is a very interesting concept and I will try it next league for second char after gathering some currency.
"
KairoStark wrote:
Yea, I pretty much took your char to PoB and removed jewels and one gem.

Yeah, then I can agree. The single target damage is fine with two Apep's and a 5L, but you really have no other way to scale it up other than jewels, so that's the only way to go if you want to push into harder content.

I'd urge you to attempt it as your first character though, since it's so cheap to get started. Mind you, I mention you can get started at level 56 as soon as you equip the wands, and you very well can, but since your damage per hit scales with monster level, your leech stack duration will last longer the further up you are. Also, while doing quests/storyline, zones don't have as high a pack density, moreover, the map layouts can be a bit ass and have you backtrack a lot, so you could end up dropping your regen there.

tl;dr: The build feels smoother as soon as you finish the storyline and start with T1 maps
... maybe I should add this in the FAQ?
Thank you so much for the answers
But how to lv up easily from 1 to 56, 56 to 76 ? We dont have enough damage from tree and weapon so that will be so hard
Tks
This build looks interesting. I like the idea of the overleech combined with RF. I played Obliteration BV Slayer in Legacy and got to like the weapons a lot.

I'll be starting a new character tomorrow with a buddy who is new to the game. The low damage while leveling wont be that much of a problem because of that. I wondered what kind of build I wanted to run for a while since I didnt wanna steamroll everything and make him miss out on the struggle and the sweet taste of progress and improvement.

Very cool idea, now lets see how it plays!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info