[3.1] TRICKSTER Scorching Ray + Righteous Fire MoM Boss farmer 1.8mil trash DPS

"
sxboss wrote:
Any leveling uniques advice? i find it a bit hard to level

The DPS of scorching ray early level is kinda low. But its still a good leveling setup.

I recommend using EE and EO early with the "Holy Fire (60% burning dmg)" nod.

You'll melt everything without gear. Just use dual rare wand/scepter with Spell dmg/ele dmg/add dmg to spell.

Focus on life and life regen nods after because you'll get squishy AF at act 6.

You can go with leveling unique such as Lifesprings, Mokou's ring, Pyre ring, tabula, etc.

I hope it helps.
Started as SR only in Abyss and am soon going to add RF in.
Have you already checked out the unique Balefire, which gives us some kind of a 5 1/2 linked scorching ray in main hand? This would allow to drop our chest and use a Kaoms, or some budget no link instead. It should deal less damage than a good six link setup with a nice weapon, but it should be a nice budget option, since you don't have to take care of a six link setup.
As for the phoenix nerf, not sure how hard it hits, but one should be able to mitigate it with pantheons, maybe a ruby flask if neccessary and the new abyss jewels on the tree or a nice belt. This jewels can give 0.5 to 1% life regen while moving, which could be a bit annoying to play, but you should usually be always moving.
All of this might result in a playstyle where we are constantly on the run and kill things, which might be awkward in some situations, like bossfights without adds. I'll still be looking in to all of this since I don't want to spend much money on something that won't work out in the end. Anyone who already went SR + RF in Abyss?
I'm also curious about the Balefire scepter. I picked one up as it seemed pretty good (and about 40c cheaper than the guide recommended scepter...). The only issue is that the scepter has 3L and not 5 for the supporting gems. Any way this can be remedied?
Balefire is slightly stronger than 5linked SR. It's a good replacement for the suggested weapon until you max the level on your SR and get a 6Link. Balefire is a pseudo 5link (SR+Empower lvl5 + 3 socketed gems) thats stronger than regular 5link due to lvl5 empower. You wanna use this at start then replace with 6link later

Alternativly could try out the maths of using this with kaom's heart. I suspect it'd be a slight dps loss and tankiness gain.
Last edited by Jangri on Dec 11, 2017, 8:16:44 AM
So I switched the PoB up a bit and reduced the min-maxed gear, i.e. no 21/20 scorching ray and 21/20 supports, i left the rest of the gear as is.
So in a more budget version with the sr sceptre one loses around 75k to 125k against a six link 20/20 scorching ray with a doryanis, but we gain a bit of rf damage.
Against a min-maxed setup one loses around 300k dot dps, which was kind of obvious.
A Kaom's isnt exactly budget either right now, but for starters one could use rf and the sr sceptre until one can afford a good six linked setup and better main hand weapon. Kind of like an intermediate step.

€: Quick dirty pob math, not 100% accurate but gives an overview.
Last edited by Mukaujoka on Dec 11, 2017, 10:40:30 AM
What exactly is the point of going RF versus pure SR? Does RF+SR always do more damage than maximizing SR damage only? Seems like a lot of expense for a relatively minor benefit. Plus I'm HC which amplifies the increased risk with running RF.

Also +1 for Balefire. It was a monster of an upgrade for my league starter. After hitting 60, the late acts of the campaign and early maps were a cakewalk. No other leveling items besides Hrimnor's Resolve.
Last edited by LeonidasLandis on Dec 11, 2017, 11:53:18 AM
Purpose is to clear maps while running with RF, without stopping to cast SR
Enjoying this very much! Great build!
"
Mukaujoka wrote:
So I switched the PoB up a bit and reduced the min-maxed gear, i.e. no 21/20 scorching ray and 21/20 supports, i left the rest of the gear as is.
So in a more budget version with the sr sceptre one loses around 75k to 125k against a six link 20/20 scorching ray with a doryanis, but we gain a bit of rf damage.
Against a min-maxed setup one loses around 300k dot dps, which was kind of obvious.
A Kaom's isnt exactly budget either right now, but for starters one could use rf and the sr sceptre until one can afford a good six linked setup and better main hand weapon. Kind of like an intermediate step.

€: Quick dirty pob math, not 100% accurate but gives an overview.

i just got my hands on a balefire and i don't really know wich supports i should put in it if you can help it would be great
So with the RotF nerf you will still have a tiny bit of life regen without any effects being active right? (Patient Reaper)

Assuming you have a lvl 20 purity of fire

Im using path of building so i dont know how much effect the Arakaali pantheon has on it
Last edited by Kronox001 on Dec 11, 2017, 9:48:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info