[3.1] TRICKSTER Scorching Ray + Righteous Fire MoM Boss farmer 1.8mil trash DPS

Switched around some skill points and got a few more defensive flasks and noticed a huge difference already. All of the other builds I have played in this game haven't relied on flasks heavily/at all so I was ignoring them for the most part. Going to work on getting a pair of Kaom's Roots next and then fix my resists (my boots are a major chunk of my resists at the moment) so I can start trying Uber Lab runs! Thanks for the help, being able to finish maps without any deaths is making me feel a lot better about the build!
Hi,

I haven#t played the game for a while and decided to restart with this char in the new league. I am only level 42 now and it worls well with selffound gear. However, I don't understand some mechanics that this build relies on and the guide does not explain them.

How do I get purity of fire to provide max res for example?
Why is his Phoenix shield having 8% to max res and the once i can find in trading only 5%?
"
homie1984 wrote:
Hi,

I haven#t played the game for a while and decided to restart with this char in the new league. I am only level 42 now and it worls well with selffound gear. However, I don't understand some mechanics that this build relies on and the guide does not explain them.

Why is his Phoenix shield having 8% to max res and the once i can find in trading only 5%?

As purity of fire levels it provides max fire resistance. Rise of the Phoenix was nerfed this patch, so you might need to grab the node on the tree that gives max fire res and maybe grab some more regen to sustain RF.
"
Rasengan45 wrote:
"
homie1984 wrote:
Hi,

As purity of fire levels it provides max fire resistance. Rise of the Phoenix was nerfed this patch, so you might need to grab the node on the tree that gives max fire res and maybe grab some more regen to sustain RF.

There is one node that gives 1% max fire res and it is too far away.. Or am i missing something?
"
homie1984 wrote:
"
Rasengan45 wrote:
"
homie1984 wrote:
Hi,

There is one node that gives 1% max fire res and it is too far away.. Or am i missing something?

Nope, the node is not worth it imho. Grab oak for regen, grab every regen node in the build, get lvl17 PoF and it's sustainable in hideot. With the trickster passive ull have solid regen in maps while killing things, also consider the conc. ground flask. There are also jewels and amulet with implicit sustain if you feel you need more.
In my hideout with RF on I still degen HP. I am at 84% fire resist. What am I missing?

Can someone take a look at my profile and make suggestions please.
Last edited by Gussboy on Dec 14, 2017, 3:31:31 PM
"
Gussboy wrote:
In my hideout with RF on I still degen HP. I am at 84% fire resist. What am I missing?

There's not much to be said; you need a lot more regen now to account for the loss of 3% max fire res. If you're at 84% now you would have been at 87%, meaning the damage you are taking from RF has gone from 13% to 16%, or an increase of ~20% more damage taken (and thus more regen needed).

There's 1% of regen for 3 points leading into the scion area, there's 1.8% 7 points away from you in the marauder bit, but even with this it's going to be challenging to sustain positive regen out of combat now. Degenning while inactive is extremely annoying and I certainly wont be playing rf anymore because of the changes, but it's not limiting to the spec in general. Between tricker ascendancy and flasks, being in negative regen is neither here nor there; it's an annoyance but doesn't break the build.

Shadow doesn't have easy access to a lot of the strong regen nodes around marauder and duellist, nor does it have good access to the extra 1% fire resist near marauder. Both of these things making running RF on trickster in a post-5% rotf world very annoying at best.
Last edited by Pathological on Dec 14, 2017, 5:56:20 PM
"
Pathological wrote:
"
Gussboy wrote:

There's not much to be said; you need a lot more regen now to account for the loss of 3% max fire res. If you're at 84% now you would have been at 87%, meaning the damage you are taking from RF has gone from 13% to 16%, or an increase of ~20% more damage taken (and thus more regen needed).

There's 1% of regen for 3 points leading into the scion area, there's 1.8% 7 points away from you in the marauder bit, but even with this it's going to be challenging to sustain positive regen out of combat now. Degenning while inactive is extremely annoying and I certainly wont be playing rf anymore because of the changes, but it's not limiting to the spec in general. Between tricker ascendancy and flasks, being in negative regen is neither here nor there; it's an annoyance but doesn't break the build.

Shadow doesn't have easy access to a lot of the strong regen nodes around marauder and duellist, nor does it have good access to the extra 1% fire resist near marauder. Both of these things making running RF on trickster in a post-5% rotf world very annoying at best.

So as a Trickster running RF it is not reasonably possible to get above 84% fire resist? unless I go for something extreme like a lvl23 purity of fire which only nets me an extra 1% fire resist over the lvl20 gem.
I got 86%: first, by dropping the points of the increase burn damage in the top and the extra frenzy charge, and got the +1%. Then, put a 21 purity on a +2 unset ring.
broken build does not work RIP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info