[3.1] TRICKSTER Scorching Ray + Righteous Fire MoM Boss farmer 1.8mil trash DPS

"
Meothaku wrote:

The only problem will remain the same with RF, you can't run shitty no life regen / -x res / vulnerability / elem weak (you can but it's a real pain and you know)

Well, about 2/3ds of damage in this build comes from SR not RF, so just disable RF and run anyway
How do you trigger the recovery from arakaali?

RF makes it so that you are always taking damage over time, even reaching 100 fire resistance doesn't trigger it.
"
mineral4r7s wrote:

RF makes it so that you are always taking damage over time, even reaching 100 fire resistance doesn't trigger it.

You don't trigger it from your RF, ever. You trigger it from monster sources of DoT, whenever you stop taking it.
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
It says when you stopped taking damage. When you have RF active you take damage over time all the time. To me this sounds like it renders arakaali useless but I am sure you tested this thoroughly.

"
ComradeSerge wrote:
"
mineral4r7s wrote:

You don't trigger it from your RF, ever. You trigger it from monster sources of DoT, whenever you stop taking it.
"
mineral4r7s wrote:

I think you are reading the tooltip of how this works wrong. It doesn't say it procs if you stop taking ALL dmg over time recently it's just any specific damage over time recently. One amazing tip I've got is to use a low level CWDT > IC > Blood Rage setup with the Soul of Arakaali "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently" will proc nearly all the time. Every time your Immortal Call goes off for that split second your Blood Rage stops ticking damage and it procs it for a very high uptime. It's pretty amazing.
Has anyone done the math on what is higher dps for your Scorching Ray? A 5L scorching ray or a 4L scorching ray in a "Socketed Gems deal 30% more Damage over Time" glove or a "Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage" Helmet?
Would using an infernal mantle be and turn this into a ES build be possible?
Hello,

I don't understand the keystone "elemental equilibrium", why take it with scorching ray which deal only fire damage ? Isn't it giving +25% fire res all the time to all monsters hit ?

What did i miss ? Can someone explain it to me ? Pretty please ?

And since i'm here, how do you generate frenzy and power charges, with swift killer only ?
Last edited by noufnouf on Dec 4, 2017, 7:34:26 AM
"
noufnouf wrote:
Hello,

I don't understand the keystone "elemental equilibrium", why take it with scorching ray which deal only fire damage ? Isn't it giving +25% fire res all the time to all monsters hit ?

What did i miss ? Can someone explain it to me ? Pretty please ?

And since i'm here, how do you generate frenzy and power charges, with swift killer only ?

Elemental Equilibrium states" enemies you hit" the key word is HIT. Both RF and SR are unable to hit. They do burning damage which is a ailment. Most people use shield charge to hit the enemy with a different elemental damage such as cold or lightning which is obtain with a piece of gear having the mod "adds x to x cold damage to attacks" or lightning both work. So shield charge can hit and with the mod shield charge now has elemental damage. While SR and RF can not hit so it can't proc EE.
Man that's smart. So in the gear link in the first post, with the gloves you can proc it with a shield charge and profit the -50%. Damn!
Which means you have to be careful not adding fire damage to your gear or spell you hit with.

Thanks for your anwser, i see a whole new world now !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info