[3.0] Mjolner Unleashed! Beserker, 3.5m DPS discharge on a 4link 7k+ life everything down!

Added new video of t16 hydra clear including two breaches with biscos switched to voll's for hydra fight.
First of all, big thanks to this build. I really enjoy it.

However, the only part that i donot get is the the flow untethered belt.

Paste from the first page about the belt:

The flow Untethered
With at least 17% increased cooldown recovery speed or you wont reach 210ms discharge cooldown, 15% and 16% show as 220ms. This item is a massive buff to discharge allowing us to now proc discharge 5 times a second instead of 4 giving us a massive 20% more damage increase.

My own understanding:

Mjolner originally has 250ms CD to proc spells, so discharge will be triggered 4 times per second (1s = 1000ms). If we want to proc discharge 5 times per second, the CD on Mjorlner has to be reduced to 200ms (1s / 200ms = 5 ). Therefore, the belt has to get max roll of CD recovery which is 20% to make this possible.

Could you help me to figure the numbers out pls ?

Thanks.
Last edited by qdjjj on Oct 10, 2017, 10:42:24 PM
"
qdjjj wrote:

The flow Untethered
With at least 17% increased cooldown recovery speed or you wont reach 210ms discharge cooldown, 15% and 16% show as 220ms. This item is a massive buff to discharge allowing us to now proc discharge 5 times a second instead of 4 giving us a massive 20% more damage increase.

My own understanding:

Mjolner originally has 250ms CD to proc spells, so discharge will be triggered 4 times per second (1s = 1000ms). If we want to proc discharge 5 times per second, the CD on Mjorlner has to be reduced to 200ms (1s / 200ms = 5 ). Therefore, the belt has to get max roll of CD recovery which is 20% to make this possible.

Thanks.

Hi thanks!

The belt only reduces the cooldown to 210ms so we get 5 discharges each 1.05seconds but its close enough to count as 5 per second. To see the difference you can put discharge on your hotbar and mouse over it and you'll see it say in the top Discharge avg damage and cooldown time. Without the flow on it will say cooldown time 0.25 seconds, with a 15/16% cooldown recovery belt on it will say 0.22seconds and with 17%-20% it will say 0.21 seconds. I equipped each roll myself from a friend that was vaaling them for +1 charge. So I was able to check what the minimal roll could be to get a bit cheaper price on a +1 charge. Sadly I thought the same thing it should be .2seconds but 20% was the same as 17%. I guess the game does some rounding down somewhere and so it can't go any further.

I've been currently testing to run with lycosidae instead of saffaels. The res difference is a bit harder to cap I'm still past requirements, though if I use biscos I'm relying on wise oak for a bit of res but this isn't an issue in easy tier map farming mode (t11-12s). I replaced accuracy gem with culling strike but inc aoe would work good too to help cyclone reach further. You must run the 25% reduced reflect pantheon. I've 1 shot myself with reflect in a -9% max res map using conc effect without the pantheon. No reflect rip with the pantheon on yet so I can recommend trying it the hit rate is very noticeable to keep discharge at max procs per second. But if you are wearing devotos expect res capping issues.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 11, 2017, 1:55:12 AM
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:
"
qdjjj wrote:

The flow Untethered

My own understanding:

Thanks.

Hi thanks!

The belt only reduces the cooldown to 210ms so we get 5 discharges each 1.05seconds but its close enough to count as 5 per second. To see the difference you can put discharge on your hotbar and mouse over it and you'll see it say in the top Discharge avg damage and cooldown time. Without the flow on it will say cooldown time 0.25 seconds, with a 15/16% cooldown recovery belt on it will say 0.22seconds and with 17%-20% it will say 0.21 seconds. I equipped each roll myself from a friend that was vaaling them for +1 charge. So I was able to check what the minimal roll could be to get a bit cheaper price on a +1 charge. Sadly I thought the same thing it should be .2seconds but 20% was the same as 17%. I guess the game does some rounding down somewhere and so it can't go any further.

Thanks so much to clarify this for me. Sorry to ask another stupid question, which other attack gems do u recommand to replace cyclone ? I just get bored with cyclone, especially during boss fight. I tried molten strike, but it destroy the EE buff....
"
qdjjj wrote:

Thanks so much to clarify this for me. Sorry to ask another stupid question, which other attack gems do u recommand to replace cyclone ? I just get bored with cyclone, especially during boss fight. I tried molten strike, but it destroy the EE buff....

Honestly nothing else is really worth to use because you are already maintaining maximum discharges and you cannot be stunned or knocked back while using it so it has an extra layer of safety not provided by any other attack skill. Molten strike used to be better when you could hit 10+ discharges but now it seems this is the best option.
Thank you so much for the build. I'm wondering what I could use in a 5L Belly and possibly 6L of anything else in place of Kaoms until we can afford one? I'm playing with a friend who is a Slayer so culling strike isn't necessary due to them executing at 20%

Also is Flow worth using without + to endurance charges? I'm running a res/life belt with +1 max endurance and a 40% damage Devotos until I can afford one with chance to not use charges, I'm unsure if swapping to a basic flow with a rare helm is worth it atm

Thanks!
"
McPumpkin wrote:
Thank you so much for the build. I'm wondering what I could use in a 5L Belly and possibly 6L of anything else in place of Kaoms until we can afford one? I'm playing with a friend who is a Slayer so culling strike isn't necessary due to them executing at 20%

Also is Flow worth using without + to endurance charges? I'm running a res/life belt with +1 max endurance and a 40% damage Devotos until I can afford one with chance to not use charges, I'm unsure if swapping to a basic flow with a rare helm is worth it atm

Thanks!

Flow will be more damage as it's a whole extra discharge each second vs just 1 more endurance charge worth of damage as well as more attack speed to speed up your shield charge too and the 20% more move speed/attack speed from the harbinger summon is lovely when it's up.
Wouldn't worry about a 6link too much just add in things like inc aoe/cull, maybe rather sell the 6link and use the money on a kaoms and helm?
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:
"
McPumpkin wrote:

Thanks!

Flow will be more damage as it's a whole extra discharge each second vs just 1 more endurance charge worth of damage as well as more attack speed to speed up your shield charge too and the 20% more move speed/attack speed from the harbinger summon is lovely when it's up.
Wouldn't worry about a 6link too much just add in things like inc aoe/cull, maybe rather sell the 6link and use the money on a kaoms and helm?

Possibly, I had a 5L belly from another character that I've been using since level 50 and was wondering about possible support gems for the 5th, AoE seems best for now. Working my way up to a Kaom's atm. I'll have to look out for a decent rare helm w/ discharge to fill out resistances after switching to a Flow, then saving up forever for a corrupted Flow :D

As for the 4.5-4.7 sweet spot, are you talking about the number in game or in PoB?

Thanks for the reply
"
McPumpkin wrote:
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:
"
McPumpkin wrote:

Thanks!

Possibly, I had a 5L belly from another character that I've been using since level 50 and was wondering about possible support gems for the 5th, AoE seems best for now. Working my way up to a Kaom's atm. I'll have to look out for a decent rare helm w/ discharge to fill out resistances after switching to a Flow, then saving up forever for a corrupted Flow :D

As for the 4.5-4.7 sweet spot, are you talking about the number in game or in PoB?

Thanks for the reply

Well it is both numbers in pob and in game but in game you need to be with onslaught and being hit or savage hit etc etc, so it's easier to balance it around pob and what you are able to sustain.
You really shouldn't have resistance issues once the tree is done one ring should be fine with 2 purities to cap you out no problems. Just follow the devotos tree to get the most resistances. I only change my personal tree because my items cover off everything and I would be 10str short and have 12fire res too much making me not balanced for wise oak or i'd be taking that 12% fire res also.

Edit: I took a look at your tree if path it correctly and you'll pick up 15% all res 12% cold res 12% fire res and keep the right str and dex when you take the two nodes left of bravery. Don't take the 3 nodes for life in the witch area unless you are past level 94 your tree should look like this http://poeurl.com/bArh I have a full section of the leveling trees listed there if you stick to them they should cover all your stat and res needs leaving you just a bit more to get on a ring without needing to use a rare belt or helm.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 12, 2017, 7:13:19 AM
Thank you for taking a look, yeah I was gonna start flipping the tree around more to your version but no one wanted to sell me orbs of Regret last night lol. I just got a new res ring w/ life and enough strength to keep me at 412 for now just waiting on getting an enlighten so I can use 2 purity and herald of ice. You're not kidding when you said good luck with wise oak balancing, I'll swap that to an onslaught.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info