[BR] Constant ping spikes (Tracert, Ping, WinMTR)

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.25.1 - 0 | 300 | 300 | 0 | 0 | 26 | 0 |
| gvt-b-se01.bhe.gvt.net.br - 0 | 300 | 300 | 20 | 23 | 46 | 20 |
| 201.22.70.101.dynamic.adsl.gvt.net.br - 0 | 300 | 300 | 20 | 24 | 48 | 22 |
| 201.22.64.97.dynamic.dialup.gvt.net.br - 0 | 300 | 300 | 30 | 37 | 61 | 32 |
| as36351.saopaulo.sp.ix.br - 5 | 256 | 245 | 28 | 34 | 66 | 29 |
| ae5.dar02.sao01.networklayer.com - 3 | 272 | 265 | 31 | 37 | 72 | 32 |
| po2.fcr01a.sao01.networklayer.com - 3 | 276 | 270 | 32 | 38 | 66 | 32 |
| 36.84.39a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 6 | 244 | 230 | 29 | 35 | 75 | 30 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

This one is from a friend, using a different ISP than mine, from a different city in a different state.

"
This isn't in GGG's circle of control and this isn't an issue that they can fix.

They have much more control over the situation than any other average user here. No ISP is ever going to escalate a call about a route problem. They can also change to a new data center if this starts to plague their whole Brazilian player base. (FFS I'm not asking them to do that, or suggesting it's simple as that, it's just YES THEY CAN DO IT)

I don't personaly know right now of a Brazilian playing on the SP server without this packet loss, there might be, but all the ones I know are having this. They just don't care cause they've quitted the league already. There gotta be some doing fine, cause there's still ppl in town. I do have a feeling this thread would be flooding if this was the start of a league thou.

I don't have the tools to know how big this problem is, but it might be bigger than just me and jhonny at the end of the block, that's all I'm saying.
Last edited by Rakescar on Oct 4, 2017, 2:48:58 PM
Hi,

There's not a huge amount I can do, except complain to our provider.

Can I get a couple more people to post a current WinMTR to br.login.pathofexile.com? Our provider wont help me unless I have some current ones.
Sure thing,here is mine: https://pastebin.com/f6UQ6QKg

Thanks. I've queried our provider about this. Any additional captures will be helpful.
Recent pastebin : https://pastebin.com/wjrumyFZ
"
They have much more control over the situation than any other average user here. No ISP is ever going to escalate a call about a route problem.

2 words for you. Horse shit.

First: Since Fitzy has already commented with what I was going to repeat saying, yet again, I'll just leave his statement stand on it's own merit.

Second: My ISP has forwarded a routing issue for me on at least 3 separate occasions when an intermediary connection was acting up and causing me issues. Now, maybe where you live they won't, but broadly stating that no ISP will ever do it is pure and utter bullshit. But since you seem to *know* that they won't, why even bother trying then eh?

And why the hell are you even arguing in the first place? Are you too lazy to even attempt to help yourself? I don't get it; you come to the support forum looking for help, you get told a few things to do/try and the second anything requires the least bit of effort on your part, it's everyone elses' problem but yours to deal with; because that is exactly what you appear like you are saying.

That being said, getting more info for Fitzy may certainly help, but complaining to your ISP, (WHY am I saying this YET AGAIN) would also be of a benefit. It can't hurt and the only thing it will do is waste a portion of your time. Either take the advice you were given and run with it, or not. I couldn't care any less anymore. I have offered the help that I can give and if that doesn't satisfy you, so be it.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
My bin, hope it helps :)
https://pastebin.com/TBtXEXtZ
@ Aragorn14 I know there's no reason for you to suppose that was the case, but I did do my homework before coming here like a spoiled brat. I'm not. I don't take our localized server for granted. I've been playing online games for like 20 years, and as a brazilian, please believe me, it sucked. I'm very used to deal with this kind of situation because there are always like 20 something hops and at least one transcontinental optic fiber cable before I reach whatever I'm trying to.

You're right. No big ISP in brazil will escalate a call about a routing problem. Anyone down here will tell you that. I was just referring to where the problem was occurring. That doesn't stop us from trying. Yes, I called my ISP, I checked my ethernet cables, modem, router, I ran pings and MTRs to ggg servers, then to other server's and public IPs who wont block this kind of test. Then I asked other ppl if they were having this issue. I asked them to run /tracerts to see if there were any similarities. I did a lot of troubleshooting, won't go through all of it. I'm not a network engineer, but I know some tricks, like a trained dog.

Then I came to the forums and started complaining. Forums are always the last step, cause their servers, they're pretty reliable, and if something go wrong on their end, they will let us know and fix it pretty fast. Shit, was it on their end and their end alone, they would have this stuff fixed in 2 hours tops. GGG doesn't fuck around, they're a good game company, one of the few last ones. The situation we have here is not the usual. And thanks god it's affecting more people, otherwise it would just be gg, no more poe, been there. If I can solve it myself I do, not because I'm super pro active or anything, it's just faster, and I wanna play.

Nothing personal btw, I'm just explaining where I'm coming from, and why you kind of got under my skin, even thou I'm absolute sure there was no intention of it.

After some salt I know I poured here I'd like to thank GGG once more for our south america server. I was here when it was announced, I gave feedback when it was being tested and I just fucking love the fact that we have it. It's fucking great.

This is from today.
https://pastebin.com/jDnFiR6Y

Thanks a lot for looking into it Fitzy, best luck into getting it solved.
Last edited by Rakescar on Oct 4, 2017, 8:34:11 PM
From today:
https://pastebin.com/6MWwK8nh

It's getting worse I think :/
SoftLayer (our provider) has their network backend team looking into this for us. I'll reply when I have an update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info