Harbinger Statistics - Popular Passives and Ascendancies

Stats I want to see is how many people playing ES builds. Suspect its too low for GGG to show us. Everything is over-nerfed. Everything feels mediocre.

Literally every non meta build is now like this:
300k shaper dps.
same AOE for everyone, all sources of AOE-like mechanics have been constantly under the nerf hammer lately.
All have same amount of life, for the exception of builds on top of the tree, who are currently screwed cause no life nodes in there.

Only thing that differs is the color/shape of effect of their main skill.

Problem is it all feels the SAME.

Also, any build enabling item is costing much more this league than previous 4 leagues.
Why? Cause everyone is pigeon holed into life now. Demand for things that work with life builds is STUPID high.

Question: Do I want a second job, which consists of farming for meta items?
Answer: I don't.

GGG sees no problem, I see no variety.

Freaking rant over and no, I don't want a discussion with the apologists. Keep eating everything they throw at you - someone has to bring in the cash.
Hard to predict? You guys are completely oblivious. What a joke.
Super disappointed that the 2.6 characters are all still sitting with missing passives and bandit choices that can't be fixed.

I mean it's no secret that GGG doesn't give a shit about permanent league players but come on it's been a long time and this should arguably be your A1 top priority.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Smear wrote:

They are out of touch and I will explain why.

Dunning-Kruger at its finest.

The balance team is denigrated constantly because the people casting aspersions have a delusion of competence in the matter. When in fact in almost every case they are Dunning-Krugers who don't know what they don't know. When you lack even the basic abstract knowledge of a subject it becomes incredibly easy to write off the people who DO understand because your confirmation bias leads to you select evidence that superficially suggests you are correct. Example: Trump thinking he knows better than most of the worlds leading scientists literally thousands of whom are far smarter than he is.

Fact: 100% of all game forums have these people who accuse the Devs of being incompetent because "they don't know how to do X" where X is invariably something the writer values that may not actually be something the Dev's would ever consider valid or useful. The Dev's you see must make a game for a LOT of people and can not just do what i.e. Bakedcicken wants them to do (leave stupidly OP stuff in the game).

The very idea that 100% of all game developers including the the most talented are incompetent is ofc ludicrous (I personally would put GGG in the discussion for among the best Developers. But that's just opinion, informed opinion from over 30 years of gaming but subjective none the less). This scenario is obviously impossible for we have games to play which means that competence clearly exists. Ofc the average gamer hasn't even the slightest clue how challenging making a game is, and they also put their own self interest first and don't for a moment consider the overall player base as a whole.

So clearly the issue is that every dissatisfied/jaded player who has an idea or a self serving vision of how the game SHOULD play, and how it SHOULD be balanced, views the Dev's who aren't doing THAT, as incompetent. When there child-like demands don't cause the change they want and they are disagreed with by more reasonable rational people; they vent their impotent frustration by arguing on the forums at the "white knights" and "apologists" (who invariably are accused of helping to "ruin the game for the people who matter" That person being "the people who matter" ofc. Until usually they eventually realize they need to go play a different game. I've seen this Forum Drama play out hundreds of times on absolutely every game I've ever taken an interest in.

Sound familiar?
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Sep 29, 2017, 8:23:07 PM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
Smear wrote:

They are out of touch and I will explain why.

Dunning-Kruger at its finest.

The balance team is denigrated constantly because the people casting aspersions have a delusion of competence in the matter. When in fact in almost every case they are Dunning-Krugers who don't know what they don't know. When you lack even the basic abstract knowledge of a subject it becomes incredibly easy to write off the people who DO understand because your confirmation bias leads to you select evidence that superficially suggests you are correct. Example: Trump thinking he knows better than most of the worlds leading scientists literally thousands of whom are far smarter than he is.

Fact: 100% of all game forums have these people who accuse the Devs of being incompetent because "they don't know how to do X" where X is invariably something the writer values that may not actually be something the Dev's would ever consider valid or useful. The Dev's you see must make a game for a LOT of people and can not just do what i.e. Bakedcicken wants them to do (leave stupidly OP stuff in the game).

The very idea that 100% of all game developers including the the most talented are incompetent is ofc ludicrous (I personally would put GGG in the discussion for among the best Developers. But that's just opinion, informed opinion from over 30 years of gaming but subjective none the less). This scenario is obviously impossible for we have games to play which means that competence clearly exists. Ofc the average gamer hasn't even the slightest clue how challenging making a game is, and they also put their own self interest first and don't for a moment consider the overall player base as a whole.

So clearly the issue is that every dissatisfied/jaded player who has an idea or a self serving vision of how the game SHOULD play, and how it SHOULD be balanced, views the Dev's who aren't doing THAT, as incompetent. When there child-like demands don't cause the change they want and they are disagreed with by more reasonable rational people; they vent their impotent frustration by arguing on the forums at the "white knights" and "apologists" (who invariably are accused of helping to "ruin the game for the people who matter" That person being "the people who matter" ofc. Until usually they eventually realize they need to go play a different game. I've seen this Forum Drama play out hundreds of times on absolutely every game I've ever taken an interest in.

Sound familiar?

So apparently, according to you, this why so many people are getting sick and tired of all the BS nerfs?

Incompetence runs far deeper than the ability to hyper focus on what the top "professional" people deem to be "fun". If you would have bothered to read any part of my post other than the a small cherry picked fraction of my quote, you would quickly see my points, but ignore it you will. See below.

When there is a full on rebellion occurring with the core player base, one needs to take a look at what it is they are doing to cause said rebellion. And I'm not talking about "in crowd" you might identify with either. I'm talking people that simply like to play this game (like myself), but are growing very tired of every build being killed they make, rendering all their hours of work useless. Do you even comprehend this concept?

Since you only pick a very small portion of my post, I'll assume you're a sycophant type that really thinks he/she has something to contribute and will eventually get in the inside of the paid "team".

Don't worry, You most likely won't.

Maybe you're on the friend list of one or more these people. Even if you are, BFD! WOW, that's impressive. NOT!

It's the "at all cost" apologist that bring everything down from families, to corporations, to entire nations because they will follow along with whatever is spoon fed to them by those they deem of importance, following a scripted parroted narrative.

Apologist are not critical thinkers. They are followers.

Sycophant - a person who acts obsequiously towards a person, organization, movement or cause they deem to be important in order to gain advantage.

Sound familiar?

Yeah, I clan play the silly psychological game too.

Anyway, GGG will probably nerf the crap out of this game until the only people left will be beginners (which will be transient in nature) and people such as yourself convincing yourselves just how brilliantly you trolled the people that dare challenge GGG's "balance team"'s logic.

GL with all that.

Bon Voyage.
Just a sight from caster perspective as a caster..

Access to leech :
- no spell leech node in the tree
- vinktar require consistent uptime, mostly exclusive to pathfinder
- using leech gem means sacrificing a gem slot, which in turn dps sunk to 5L

ES as caster :
- ES gutted to the point need to be more "careful, handle with care, you are damn fragile w/o defensive investment"
- form of recovery are questionable, flask mostly didn't work for recovery, ghost reaver leech get penalty recharge, and recharging at arena can be a joke mechanism when battle in small arena, thus leaving regen or berzerk to leech as a form of recovery..

honestly, i can think that berserker gain popularity party because a huge part of caster pick it by elimination, other choice are practically questionable..

i tried inquisitor, questionable for non crit builds..
tried elementalist, prolif ignite are hardly works w/o real investment, golem jewel are too pricy..
tried assasin, crit nerfed, enuff said
tried trickster, it works, but feels not much difference w/o ascend if player not utilizing much movement skills or dot into skill "rotation"
tried sabo trap, clunky! the cooldown are not justify it to be used, better go attack trap since there are more access to elemental penetration and elemental dmg with attack gem and modifier than spell
Last edited by caffarella on Oct 1, 2017, 4:16:15 AM
Maybe some buffs for Scion would make some more balance

And more content for middle league would be nice to see.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
It's very telling when the tankiest ascendencies (trickster, guardian, champion, juggernaut, chieftain) are no where near the top in even HC.
Check out my 3.0 Melee CI Inquisitor, I kill Shaper on a 1 Link!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2011311
Last edited by Divini on Oct 2, 2017, 9:37:15 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
dqh21489 wrote:

My opinion:
- Nerf: Berserker, Chieftain, Raider, Pathfinder
- Buff: Ascendant, Elementalist, Sabouter.
I felt GGG hate caster class so much when they buffed range/melee atk skill too much n nerf heavily spell skill.

Whooot?

Chieftain 3.02% = number 2 on your nerf list
Pathfinder 4.46% = number 4 on your nerf list

Those 2 really need a nerf while Raiders and Necromancer are perfectly fine, right?

Go see a doctor before that brain cancer becomes serious.

Seriously ? Why not take a look which classes can be early boss killer guardian / shaper / uber class ? Im pretty sure it's Chieftain and Pathfinder. And u were nothing with 12 challenges couldnt even kill any end game bosses so u dint understand how strong these classes.
I think we should rework all ascendancy 2gether with Scion. Like Berserker + Scion ascendancy berserker, at least scion can get 30% of 4 big nodes ascendancy.
Last edited by dqh21489 on Oct 8, 2017, 8:59:06 PM
what he sad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info