Harbinger Statistics - Popular Passives and Ascendancies

"
Smear wrote:

Because this "balance" team are theorist. In theory, if we do this and that, this "should" be the outcome.

This is how they make more variety build... oh wait? Where's the fan boy's now :D Same as Diablo III but later it's actually buffing old build to compete with new ones. While this crap is going down hills.
I hope, some day, instant leech will just be removed.

People will always find silly ways to exploit it, no matter where Vaal Pact is put.
"
Smear wrote:

Oh sure, the influx of new players is from marketing. But most of these people are constantly in chat looking for help. And it's a repetitive pattern, they try to make a viable build, maybe 2-3 at most, then quit. Because they quickly, or not so quickly in some cases, realise that anything end game viable build is 100s of EXs.

What is endgame for you? If it's farming 10 Shapers/hour then.. may be. Can't kill them cause of really bad pc and tons of lags I have there, so can't speak about it.
But Uber lab and guardian capable builds can be made for 5-6 ex - or 15-16 if you want 6 link cause 6 links aren't cheap(as always).
To name a few - block/firestorm necro(cheap, but meta as hell and boring as hell, but capable),WI guardian(he get huge chunk of his ES from mana conversion and INT anyway, so nothing changes for him, except shav became cheaper), oro's flickers(kaom is expensive but you can live without at first), even BF builds(since ruthless work with every 3-rd flurry so it's 113% more damage from 1 support slot if you time it right. You will probably need some program that count how many time you pressed a button though and don't know if that's allowed.)
"
TwiceBorned wrote:

To name a few - block/firestorm necro(cheap, but meta as hell and boring as hell, but capable)

ofc people gonna choose best clear/fastest as possible, you want them to be bored and some do 1 kill per attack of maps?

iPhone, Samsung etc., are metaphones why not buying some crap phones from china or whatever? They play game so they can feel powerful. Most of these build require lots of good items and what's the point of not using to the maximum? Boring or not is each to everyone.

You don't like popular fine. I could say I dress myself boring clothing-meta? Why not dress up like emo. It's mainstream, it's this what game genre are for. Path of Exile didn't come up with their up ideas or whatever. This happens back in Diablo I as well.

Emh, WHAT? What do you even wanted to say with this? Necro is meta and necro is boring. Two unrelated things. Don't overthink please and lash out on something I didn't even say.
I just said there are some strong and cheap guardian-capable build besides berserker/something and one of mentioned build(firestorm necro) is even meta too. And IMO boring(I played it till 95..), but that's another unrelated downside of it.
Can we just get 1 good answer from the company, C'mon... just whatever do not nerf any characters!
"
TwiceBorned wrote:
"
Smear wrote:

Oh sure, the influx of new players is from marketing. But most of these people are constantly in chat looking for help. And it's a repetitive pattern, they try to make a viable build, maybe 2-3 at most, then quit. Because they quickly, or not so quickly in some cases, realise that anything end game viable build is 100s of EXs.

What is endgame for you? If it's farming 10 Shapers/hour then.. may be. Can't kill them cause of really bad pc and tons of lags I have there, so can't speak about it.
But Uber lab and guardian capable builds can be made for 5-6 ex - or 15-16 if you want 6 link cause 6 links aren't cheap(as always).
To name a few - block/firestorm necro(cheap, but meta as hell and boring as hell, but capable),WI guardian(he get huge chunk of his ES from mana conversion and INT anyway, so nothing changes for him, except shav became cheaper), oro's flickers(kaom is expensive but you can live without at first), even BF builds(since ruthless work with every 3-rd flurry so it's 113% more damage from 1 support slot if you time it right. You will probably need some program that count how many time you pressed a button though and don't know if that's allowed.)

I think people are missing the whole point of the issue with excessive nerfing.

It's not the fact there aren't meta builds available.

Ok, when a person spends hours and hours building a character up, only to be nerfed into the dirt the next league, what is the dam point?

So, we're forced to play the new league meta or redo old characters in standard just to play the dam game. And quite frankly, I don't want to waste time building a character that's only to get nerfed anyway.

See, this is punishing people for being successful at the game instead of rewarding them with an effective end game build that won't be ruined. NO, we can't have that, let's punish them badly.

New players are faced with an even more daunting task of accumulating enough currency to barely play maps, let alone end game content.

I've seen this time and time again, new players come in, they make a few builds and hit the wall of content. You have to remember, many people will simply walk away when end game content is only accessible to the 1% of players who are die hards and will rebuild and lick the loins of GGG balance team, no matter how much they butcher up builds.

I've got 1 build left (two handed sunder build) that is marginally effective with Guardians. I will likely die a few times with each of them. It's not a meta build atm, and I fully expect that to get butchered into the dirt soon enough. So rather than get frustrated, I play t12-t15 maps just for the enjoyment of playing the game.

When that build gets wasted from this slumped up "balance" team, I'm gone from this game. And I know there are a lot of others that are floating on the boundaries of quitting like myself.

Sycophants generally dilute a decline of a game by apologizing for the stupid decisions a "balance" team makes.

If I was the boss of this "balance" team, they would be fired, like today and replaced with actual gamers. Not these hacks claiming to be analytical theorists.

So many theorists in the world with no actual knowledge of real world observations and causality.

But whatever.
"
Necromancer is, surprisingly, the number one pick for hardcore players. The Berserker lives (and dies) based purely on how well it can leech from monsters, making them vulnerable primarily as they approach and move between these packs. Hardcore players require more proactive forms of defense, which is where the Necromancer's Mistress of Sacrifice really shines.

Your statistics don't show that the necromancer is the #1 pick. They show that the necromancer is the #1 survivor past level 90. There's a big difference.

You attribute this to mistress of sacrifice, but I don't think that is the case. The real reason why more necromancers survive to level 90+ is because of lag. When it lags badly, a character without minions or any sort of automated damage will be torn to shreds by enemies. On the other hand the minions of a necromancer will attack even if the necromancer is doing nothing (lagging). Enemies may also target the necromancer's minions instead of the necromancer.

Necromancers survive past level 90 in larger numbers on hardcore servers because they're more likely to survive lagspikes.
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
Smear wrote:

3.0 was full of nerfs, yet the games never been more popular. *shrug*

Don't you think this is due to the 6 additional acts hype apart from the nerfes? I was eager to play when FoO was released because of all the hype and such. However despite these new acts, the balance has gotten worse in my opinion and diversity received it's final blow.
"
Smear wrote:

I think people are missing the whole point of the issue with excessive nerfing.

It's not the fact there aren't meta builds available.

Ok, when a person spends hours and hours building a character up, only to be nerfed into the dirt the next league, what is the dam point?

So, we're forced to play the new league meta or redo old characters in standard just to play the dam game. And quite frankly, I don't want to waste time building a character that's only to get nerfed anyway.

See, this is punishing people for being successful at the game instead of rewarding them with an effective end game build that won't be ruined. NO, we can't have that, let's punish them badly.

But.. that's the whole point! You can't transfer anything to new league anyway, so you start from zero anyway and nerfs to your old characters shouldn't bother you, they are lost anyway(well, they are in STD, but PoE balance isn't about STD IMO - all those legacy items ruin even remnants of balance anyway)
And since new league is a fresh start you can just make a new build - that will be effective in THIS league, after all nerfs and buffs. GGG don't do major nerfs during league, so you are safe there.
I never use forum builds - sometimes I look at them, but almost never follow. And for me point of this game is something like this:
@They nerfed things you used last league? Ok! Adapt. Find new ones that work. There are always handful of them. GGG balance team want you to be miserable and weak? Don't let them! Find new ways to beat this game and show GGG balance team how little you care about their nerfs. It's you against GGG balance team. Don't let them win."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info