[3.5] Lioneye's Glare Ele Conversion Raider (all content, videos up)

Question: Within a new league (where you can't realistically search and slap a ton of abyss jewels on easy to buy abyss uniques) or have a Dying sun before you start taking down guardians, can the build succeed without abyss jewel stacking?
"
Xyzer00 wrote:
Question: Within a new league (where you can't realistically search and slap a ton of abyss jewels on easy to buy abyss uniques) or have a Dying sun before you start taking down guardians, can the build succeed without abyss jewel stacking?

I'm also interested in an answer to this question. I generally suck at archer builds because of the investment, but this seems very doable with budgets I get and I really want to play an archer build.
"
Master_X_ wrote:
Would you recommend an other bowie as a ssfhc char? I am asking you for advice, as I have 0 knowledge when it comes to bows.

I'm not Jessica obviously, but a major problem you'll have with bow builds in HC is that they typically rely on evasion and dodge to mitigate damage and there's not a lot of life on the right half of the tree or easy access to something like Mind over Matter. This means you're inevitably going to get hit and those hits are going to hurt.

If you're set on trying it, Champion gets permanent fortify plus 6% reduced damage taken (as long as you've hit something in the last 4 seconds), so that's something like 33% more EHP vs hits. They also ignore miss chance vs. anything they've hit in the last three seconds which makes weapon selection easier in SSF. Death's Opus seems OP if you can get it, especially without access to +arrows from various other places, but you'll probably have to craft a Harbinger bow. You can also open tough boss fights with a taunting Blink Arrow clone or Ballista Totem to buy yourself 3-ish seconds of free DPS in most cases. I'm theorycrafting a SC Queen of the Forest version of this with an extremely similar tree to Jessica's, but for HCSSF, I'd probably drop frenzy charges and the entire Ranger starting area to grab the Scion life wheel instead.

There's also the option of trying a non-crit bow build on the left side of the tree. This gives easier access to more life plus things like Mind over Matter, endurance charges and maybe Resolute Technique or Elemental Overload. I don't think it would do anywhere near as much damage as a crit build though.
Last edited by tanis0 on Feb 22, 2018, 9:44:40 AM
"
Xyzer00 wrote:

I did the same build in Harbinger and farmed everything with it without any abyss jewels or uniques.

The build can definitely do all T1-T15 maps with just basically Lioneye's Glare, 5 link Ashrend and the Signal Fire. Once you're lvl 90+, have Dying sun and ~1 mil Shaper dps you should be able to do all Guardians and Shaper. 1 mil Shaper dps isn't very hard to achieve.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255805
"
Guzonjinsin wrote:
Will legacy ROTC with 4 arrows be viable for this build?

I don't know if this was stupid question, and that's why you didn't answer it, but i like ur build, and would like to play it in standard league.

Now i have 6 linked legacy ROTC, and would like to try it out.

Is it viable, and what gem i should use instead of GMP(since ROTC got 4 extra projectiles)? What will most benefit this build?

Thank you.
"
Guzonjinsin wrote:
"
Guzonjinsin wrote:
Will legacy ROTC with 4 arrows be viable for this build?

I don't know if this was stupid question, and that's why you didn't answer it, but i like ur build, and would like to play it in standard league.

Now i have 6 linked legacy ROTC, and would like to try it out.

Is it viable, and what gem i should use instead of GMP(since ROTC got 4 extra projectiles)? What will most benefit this build?

Thank you.

Biggest concern is Accuracy, Lioneye let's you bypass that issue completely. Use PPAD or another Multiplier you should be okay.

Take Nodes or get flat Accuracy from Items, Jewelry, and/or Abyss Jewels and you are fine.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Feb 22, 2018, 11:58:50 AM
"
tanis0 wrote:
"
Master_X_ wrote:
Would you recommend an other bowie as a ssfhc char? I am asking you for advice, as I have 0 knowledge when it comes to bows.

I'm not Jessica obviously, but a major problem you'll have with bow builds in HC is that they typically rely on evasion and dodge to mitigate damage and there's not a lot of life on the right half of the tree or easy access to something like Mind over Matter. This means you're inevitably going to get hit and those hits are going to hurt.

If you're set on trying it, Champion gets permanent fortify plus 6% reduced damage taken (as long as you've hit something in the last 4 seconds), so that's something like 33% more EHP vs hits. They also ignore miss chance vs. anything they've hit in the last three seconds which makes weapon selection easier in SSF. Death's Opus seems OP if you can get it, especially without access to +arrows from various other places, but you'll probably have to craft a Harbinger bow. You can also open tough boss fights with a taunting Blink Arrow clone or Ballista Totem to buy yourself 3-ish seconds of free DPS in most cases. I'm theorycrafting a SC Queen of the Forest version of this with an extremely similar tree to Jessica's, but for HCSSF, I'd probably drop frenzy charges and the entire Ranger starting area to grab the Scion life wheel instead.

There's also the option of trying a non-crit bow build on the left side of the tree. This gives easier access to more life plus things like Mind over Matter, endurance charges and maybe Resolute Technique or Elemental Overload. I don't think it would do anywhere near as much damage as a crit build though.

Thanks for your explanations!
Looks really interesting, was planning on starting a good old archer in 3.2 so I'll give your build a try. Do you plan on updating the guide, once more infos on ascendancy changes and generel patch notes come out?

Thank you for the guide!
IGN: Myralah (Rampage)
After seeing ur post at reddit, I decided on this build Jessica.

This will be my first bow build. So, for the movement skill what do we use? In my previous
characters I always used shield charge, leap slam, lightning warp, anything similar to these movement skills?

I look forward for the new chances on the build after patch notes.

Hello,

I really like the build so far, I am toying with it a bit in standard now to get a feel out of it for 3.2. I do not have the gear unfortunately, but I am at least testing how it works.
Being a not so experienced player (sounds better than noob), I have a few questions:
1.Is it viable for 3.2? It certainly looks so and I would like to play it. I do hope it will get a 3.2 update.
2.Should you go for shadow nodes first or down the tree around the duelist nodes when leveling?
3.Why point blank? - this is probably the most noob-ish question, but I do want to know.

Thank you for the awesome guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info