[3.1][HC] Tri Dark Pact Totems ~1M+ DPS~ 8k+ EHP~ Cheap and beginner friendly~ All content viable

Hiero with the new shield, soul mantle and full power and endurance charges will be better in my opinion, but the way to get there will be hard. Less Totem damage, not curse immun...

I think you will be faster through the maps with a scion, but at super late game, hiero will be stronger and more durable. Depends on your focus.
I`ll try this as starter. Looks pretty well.
Last edited by Neograff1 on Mar 2, 2018, 11:23:49 AM
Great for leveling, very tanky, well DPS, fastclear.
TY author.
Have a question about build .
How do i generate power charges ?
Seems like my totems don't generate them with this 10 % on crit.

Thanks .
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
"
Hey0cean wrote:
Have a question about build .
How do i generate power charges ?
Seems like my totems don't generate them with this 10 % on crit.

Thanks .

You can`t. This Ascendancy doesn`t affect Totems.
Soooooo... anyone have the curse immune shield yet? I had big hopes to switch to hiero and sport some Ventors, and have been super stingy with my spending in order to save up for one,., but I’ve literally seen none for sale or the prophecy
Anyone doing this in 3.2? how's the cast time of Dark Pact from totems?
Reporting back in, I'm doing this Build as a Starter in Bestiary League. If you want to check, go to my profile and check my character "StarkPact". All in all it's still a pretty good build. I am able to farm up to Tier 10 Maps comfortably, but my Gear is not yet optimized. Once I funnel more currency into actual decent gear I should be able to also clear Red Maps without too much hassle.

One problem I had to overcome was building the Despair Curse into my build. Since you can only use one Curse as a base value, I removed Enfeeble from my CWDT Setup and put in Despair curse linked with my Wither with a Cast while Channeling Gem. This causes Despair to periodically trigger whenever I channel Wither somehwere. Not optimal for mapping, but useful for single target.

I'm considering buying a corrupted necklace with a +1 to Curses though later in the League, to enable Enfeeble being used again. CWDT Enfeeble makes Mapping definitely safer than my current setup does.

Some other notes:

- The new Unique Shield "Atziri's Reflection" is RIDICOULUSLY rare. DO NOT assume that you will ever hold one in your hands. So far I have only seen 3 prophecies being sold across all server the last 3 weeks. If you aren't willing to pay at least 60+ Exalts for this Shield, do not base your build around it. If you really want the 100% Curse Reduction, go for the Guardian Ascendancy and sacrifice getting a fourth Totem from the Hierophant. That being said, I think Hierophant is still the superior choice, even if that means that 20% of each curse will come through.

- I'm beginning to suspect that the Trickster Ascendancy might be better than the Assassin Ascendancy now. Trickster grants you Power Charger and Frenzy Charges on Kill, while Assassin only grants Power Chargers on Crits, however this does not seem to apply to your Totems. The poison from Assassin is just mediocre since you're not playing for poison anyway.

- If you choose to get 4 Totems and only 80% Curse Reduction, make sure you have at least 92% Resist on Each Element. You need to be prepared to get hit with a Level 20 Elemental Weakness + a Level 20 Conductivity/Flammability/Frostbite at the same time. L20 Elemental Weakness will give you -39% to all resists (7.8 after Curse Reduction, let's round that up to 8) and the other ones will give you -44% to their respective resist (8.8 after Curse Reduction, let's round that up to 9). So you want to be at least at 75% + 8% + 9% = 92% Elemental Resist for each Element to make sure you are capped at ALL times.

- Another Idea on how you might be able to increase your DPS is the Idea of using Clarity + Blood Magic Support + Enlighten. This will make your Clarity Aura reserve some of your Life instead and in return, your Mana Pool is completely unreserved. That enables you to use https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Clear_Mind and gain up to 60% increased Spell Damage. However, this would come at the cost of making you a bit more squishy, as a Level 20 Clarity + Level 20 Blood Magic + Level 3 Enlighten would still reserve about 453 Life (if I didn't mess up the Math).

- Level 21 Dark Pact Gems are really cheap this League because of Beastcrafting. You can get one for about 4 Chaos. Don't forget to get it, as a single Level can be a good DPS Boost.

These are my notes so far. All in all I would say that this Build is still amazing and a good way to get into Endgame, even as a Leaguestarter, however it can't compete on a clearspeed level with Meta Builds like Wander, Bow Characters and what not. It's very good and very fun for what it is, but it might not be everyones taste since it's not a top tier efficient farming build (and it is a Totem Buld, which some people may dislike).
I have never played a totem build actually, so I decided to give this one a try! Highest I've done on this build is a corrupted T15 - hoping to do guardians/shaper/uber elder soon. If anyone is playing this and has experience - could you possibly let me know what to look for in upgrades?

Also, I decided to give the blood magic + clarity a try with a clear mind jewel (gives about 2k dps).

Thanks in advance, fun build!

"
If anyone is playing this and has experience - could you possibly let me know what to look for in upgrades?

Your Gear is looking amazing!

However you should consider changing your Diamond Flask. Right now it has "Removes Curse on Use" which will actually weaken your dps, as you will have to start building up Curses again from zero.

Also I'd consider getting the Boot Enchantment "Regenerate #% of Life and Mana if you were hit recently" as the Guide Creator did. It makes Mapping a smoother experience and gives a small but respectable bonus to survivability.

Last thing, if you really have too much currency to throw against the wall, consider getting a good Stygian Vise + a nice Abyss Jewel. However, I assume that you need good resists and life on your Belt to hit the Cap, so getting those on a Stygian Vise will be very costly.

All in all, I'd say your gear is pretty much finished, the only thing left to improve your character is grinding as much exp as you feel comfortable to and maybe fitting in another Jewel Slot or so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info