[3.1][HC] Tri Dark Pact Totems ~1M+ DPS~ 8k+ EHP~ Cheap and beginner friendly~ All content viable

Does anyone know if those elemental resist for the totem really matters? Majority of the times I just refresh before they die anyway.
One question about something that's not clear to me. Totem says you need skelies or it will take YOUR life insted. But I never noticed it really taking my life, it more looked like it takes totems' life. So how it is? Any disadvantages for regular mobs to not use skelies (as this slows you down quite some).
"
ixxxo wrote:
One question about something that's not clear to me. Totem says you need skelies or it will take YOUR life insted. But I never noticed it really taking my life, it more looked like it takes totems' life. So how it is? Any disadvantages for regular mobs to not use skelies (as this slows you down quite some).
you never want to use skellies
This build is still very strong. I managed to get all the needed drops in Abyss HCSSF (btw) recently and just levelled up to 83 in the last couple of days. EZ act10 Kitava and EZ Uber lab at 77. Probably even stronger than opieOP poet's pen VD unless you have very good gear. For the bucks, this build has huge bang. GG Bobslob.
So now that the new Ascendancies are out, would you still go Ascendant for Dark Pact Totems?

Context:

New Ascendant: https://i.imgur.com/cj7T03r.png

New Hierophant: https://i.imgur.com/EY83RHS.png

With Hierophant you could get a total of 5 Totems (1 Base + Ancestral Bond + Soul Mantle + 2 Ascendancy Totems).

With Ascendant we would only get a total of 4 Totems, however to achieve that we would have to not choose Guardian, which means we'd lose 25% Curse Reduction, which would put us at only 80% Curse Reduction.

I'm actually thinking Hierophant might be the superior choice now. The 2 extra Totems are very juicy and the other Nodes also look pretty strong (A MoM Synergy; increased AoE and Spell Damage while having Arcane Surge). However Hierophant cannot access the Shadow Chaos Nodes that easily.

What are your thoughts on this everyone?
I am not sure it is worth losing curse immunity. Playing with only 80% immunity is very different from 100%.

I am currently very happy with only 3 totems. So I would rather keeping my curse immunity than to get more totems.
Last edited by VallenChaosValiant on Feb 28, 2018, 7:43:37 PM
"
I am not sure it is worth losing curse immunity. Playing with only 80% immunity is very different from 100%.

I am currently very happy with only 3 totems. So I would rather keeping my curse immunity than to get more totems.

I tried a Templar with 80% curse. Even with 8+ curses it wasn't THAT annoying. This build was better though.

At least if its not as good its just a few regrets instead of a full rebuild.

At least last league more damage per totem was better than 5 totems.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Feb 28, 2018, 7:51:29 PM
"

I get where you are coming from, but I'm thinking that running 80% Curse Reduction is only a temporary thing. They announced a new Unique Shield which gives you complete Curse Unaffection.

It will probably be a couple of exalts worth, because it's only obtainable through a prophecy through defeating Uber Atziri, but if you buy the base Shield and the prophecy, it shouldn't be that hard to find someone trustworthy to defeat Uber Atziri for you. This Shield would be BiS for the build in my opinion, because it would completely open up both ring slots again.

I'm talking about this one:

https://i.imgur.com/ymfCUPU.png

EDIT:

Okay, after tinkering around in Path of Building for a while, I am now convinced that Scion is still the superior option for a DP Totem setup. The Chaos Damage Nodes from the Shadow Tree are very valuable and reaching them with a pure Hierophant would be a pain. Also just a thought, but I doubt that 5 Totems at the same time are sustainable and convenient.

However, I have changed my Ascendancy choice from Guardian to Hierophant. Curses will be a pain until I have saved up enough currency to get myself an Atziri's Reflection, but I think I'll manage. I'm planning to use 2 Kikazarus in the meantime, and if the curses still get too annoying I can always switch the Ascendancy back to Guardian until I get that Shield.
Last edited by DaRealM on Mar 1, 2018, 9:10:22 AM
"
DaRealM wrote:
However, I have changed my Ascendancy choice from Guardian to Hierophant. Curses will be a pain until I have saved up enough currency to get myself an Atziri's Reflection, but I think I'll manage. I'm planning to use 2 Kikazarus in the meantime, and if the curses still get too annoying I can always switch the Ascendancy back to Guardian until I get that Shield.

That shield is obviously extremely nice, but as someone who play self found, and was never good enough to kill Uber A, it is out of reach for me.

I would obviously do the same as you if that shield end up in my hands, though. It's nice to dream.

"
Zalhan2 wrote:
I tried a Templar with 80% curse. Even with 8+ curses it wasn't THAT annoying. This build was better though.

At least if its not as good its just a few regrets instead of a full rebuild.

At least last league more damage per totem was better than 5 totems.

As someone who really isn't that good at the game, the ability to disregard one source of danger was very valuable. Especially since it also lowers the amount of resists I actually need compared to every other build. Curse immunity is just another type of +max resistance, when I think about it. And it works on even Chaos because I get wither curses on myself with this build.
Last edited by VallenChaosValiant on Mar 1, 2018, 2:31:42 PM
Im so confused about taking Guarian and not new Hiero nodes.
Is its better to take hiero,change shield to new prophecy Mirror shield (immune to curses) AND switch ring to nice hp/res/crit rings?
Speaking about normal league ofc,not SF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info