[3.0] Dual Scourge Necro Spectral Throw by Paige | Easy T16+ | Videos | Leveling Guide | 70c Budget

"
OhhPaigey wrote:

Hey thanks for your feedback.

The biggest problem with Yriel's chest is the minion itself is extremely annoying as it dies constantly, rendering half the chests mechanic useless. Perfect Form provides a ridiculous amount of defensive options, and I felt the damage was good enough without Yriel's.

If you are switching to Slower Projectiles and you have Point Blank I'm not sure how you are dying to bosses, let me take a look at your gear.

Edit: The biggest thing I'm seeing with your gear is just low life on the gear. Also like I suggested above Perfect Form should help a lot with defenses.

I think Perfect Form would be the best choice for this build after many rounds of wearing Yriel. I'll do more trying on it.
Thank you very much ;D
I was very interested in playing this build because I was bored, but honestly, there are a few things that didn't feel quite right, for me at least (no offense though, just curious).

First, this comment...

"
OhhPaigey wrote:
2% Leech is the cap in this game. You can only leech 2% life & mana. So any more is a waste. We already leech from the Soul Raker passive, and dual Scourges puts us at like 5.2% leech, over double the maximum amount. So any more leech on gear or anywhere else is a wasted stat.

This is a false information. Especially since the build took Vaal Pact. 2% is not the leech cap in PoE, 2% is the cap for leech rate per instance of leech up to a maximum of 10 leech instances. And life leech amount =/= life leech rate. While it's normally true that 2% is enough (since you'll generally reach the leech rate cap anyway when you're hitting stuff), the cap is ignored when you have vaal pact, or in short there's no life leech cap when you have Vaal Pact hence, more leech is not a wasted stat.

Second, with a 50%+ crit based build (75% effective with diamond, and over 90% with Assassin's Mark), why aren't you using a diamond flask? that one cheap flask adds more effective dps than almost both Atziri's Promise and Taste of Hate combined. And why Damage on Full Life? Increased Critical Damage is a better option by far.

Third, why drop the curse? I didn't see any reasoning as to why (sorry if I missed it). Herald gives no where near the dps that a curse be it Projectile Weakness or Assassin's Mark gives you. If range is the problem (for some reason), and since you still use Hatred, why not just use the usual HoI+CoH+Curse? You can even put Onslaught on top of that.

Fourth, this comment..
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
Your go-to rings should be x2 Steel Rings with Physical Damage to Attacks, Life, Accuracy, Lightning Damage to Attacks

Attack Speed in Steel Rings has almost the same DPS contribution as a T1 flat phys roll and it's easier/cheaper to get, it'll also be more beneficial to the build overall since it affects your movement skill, which means that it's more practical to look for one with Attack Speed roll and then craft the flat damage on it. But your guide seems to neglect mentioning that one affix for some reason.

Lastly, your introduction. Which is a bit odd. The mention of ele damage meta but at the same time saying that phys damage is king. That made no sense, if phys damage is king, wouldn't it be the meta? The argument used that mobs does have crap for armor and that elemental attacks does rely on penetration for endgame bosses are true. But that does not help physical attack's case. Because it's simple, one penetration gem + the 'new' penetration stuff that we have right now (lightning pen, fire pen, cold pen) is enough to completely nullify Shaper's inherent resists and it's so easy to stack elemental multipliers right now that I can't see how a physical ST will ever come anywhere near an ele-crit ST builds when it comes to dps. Case in point, you can make an ele ST with over 1mil dps easily, I doubt that a pure phys scourge ST can even break 500k. But that's hardly the point, not every build have to have insane dps.

In the end, I didn't come here to trash on the build. On the contrary, I found it interesting the first time and I'm planning to follow the build myself. But so many things seemed a bit off for me, and please don't think this the wrong way, I appreciate you making a guide, and my comments are just that, comments.

"
Thanks for the wonderful build. I started with 2 RedBeaks and 2 Eleron -8 mana rings at the start, then switched at level 10 to dual Princess and dual Perandus rings, and finally at 22 switched to dual Hand of Thought and Motion. I used Spec Throw from the start and in a Tabula I have pretty much trashed everything so far.

Rampagingrabbit's thoughts on page 7 were super helpful for me so I wanted to provide a quick rundown of my experience leveling as ST.

I started at level 22 with a Praxis, Karui Ward and dual HoTM. As we don't have enough INT from the tree to sustain HOTM and I don't have an Astramentis in this league yet, I swapped out my leveling weapons, using:

Mortem Mortsu
Ornament of the East
Scaeva

Each of these upgrades are cheap (an alc each plus however many fusings/chromes as needed).

Run a triple herald setup for easy damage, then switch over to Ash + Hatred as you begin to get Flesh Offering and Desecrate online and need the gem slots. Don't forget to gem swap Slower Proj for boss fights, it ~ doubles your DPS.

I ran a Tabula Rasa setup as below until post-Kitava v1.
ST - LMP - Added Fire - Added Lightning - Added Cold - Faster Attacks
ST - GMP - Added Fire - Added Lightning - Phys Proj. - Crit Strikes

Starting in Act 6, I picked up a cheap GGGRB Armor that I essenced for life and crafted some res on, dropping Added Lightning. Damage on Full Life was not a good leveling gem for me as I was constantly taking hits and chugging pots.

There might be a more efficient damage setup while leveling, but I rarely felt like I wasn't dealing enough damage (double harbinger spawns notwithstanding). I was around 4k DPS with GMP and no Claw nodes when I took down Kitava v2.

Overall, leveling with ST was disgustingly powerful (and fun). Since I had never played ST before, this also gave me some good practice with how to use the skill - the boomerang, when used correctly, is effectively doubling your damage output, and leads to a really fun and interesting playstyle since positioning matters.
For the last ascendancy, wouldn't it be better to take the two small minion damage nodes? I'm not seeing why Beacon of corruption was chosen. Is it because the caustic cloud applies to the wolves?
Last edited by Vylkin on Oct 10, 2017, 11:24:41 PM
Yet again I find myself at a loss as to what to upgrade.. I find it hard to even find upgrades to for example my rings at this point. Atleast dps-wise..

Spoiler

I still have to level up and get 20% quality on all the gems. But I feel like I have a long way to go until I can manage guardians or similar bosses.
Especially survivability-wise. I've done uber lab a couple of times for instance. But slightest mistake on Izaro phase 3 and I get more or less oneshot. And yeah, you shouldn't be hit. But still I can't see myself facetanking for example Minotaur any time soon :P

And, as someone else said above me, I've been thinking about a blasphemy curse setup, but haven't gotten around to it.

Why did you opt out of it in the guide?

Btw, having a blast in maps with the build. So no complaints. Just looking to take it that one step further!
Last edited by Erayo on Oct 11, 2017, 4:21:29 PM
Just finished up act 10 on the build and am getting ready to swap from Ornament to Scourge.

Edit: I found the post about passive trees and will start using the online tree/Import it into PoB. Thanks!

I have been really enjoying the build so far. Leveled as Spectral Throw using Ornament of the East and Great Old Ones Ward for most of the second half, has been a ton of fun just shredding up packs.
Last edited by Silky322 on Oct 14, 2017, 11:51:43 AM
"
Erayo wrote:
Yet again I find myself at a loss as to what to upgrade.. I find it hard to even find upgrades to for example my rings at this point. Atleast dps-wise..

Spoiler

I still have to level up and get 20% quality on all the gems. But I feel like I have a long way to go until I can manage guardians or similar bosses.
Especially survivability-wise. I've done uber lab a couple of times for instance. But slightest mistake on Izaro phase 3 and I get more or less oneshot. And yeah, you shouldn't be hit. But still I can't see myself facetanking for example Minotaur any time soon :P

And, as someone else said above me, I've been thinking about a blasphemy curse setup, but haven't gotten around to it.

Why did you opt out of it in the guide?

Btw, having a blast in maps with the build. So no complaints. Just looking to take it that one step further!

Blasphemy setup was not worth it. Herald of Ash is more damage.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Silky322 wrote:
Just finished up act 10 on the build and am getting ready to swap from Ornament to Scourge.

Edit: I found the post about passive trees and will start using the online tree/Import it into PoB. Thanks!

I have been really enjoying the build so far. Leveled as Spectral Throw using Ornament of the East and Great Old Ones Ward for most of the second half, has been a ton of fun just shredding up packs.

Thanks for your feedback.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
how does a belly of the beast compare to the perfect form?
"
nubslime wrote:
how does a belly of the beast compare to the perfect form?

Imo Belly of the Beast is overpriced, unless you really need the resistances, I'd take Perfect Form any day of the week. I think people worry too much about how high their Life is instead of worrying about actual defenses.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Oct 16, 2017, 6:08:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info