[3.3] MF Windripper Deadeye | TS and Barrage | PoB Link

"
Parhelius wrote:
Would appreciate some advice if possible - first time running an MF build with a bow (tried KB wander a few patches ago before the nerfs).

I haven't equipped any MF gear yet, waiting until higher levels and uber ascension before doing that, but I'm really struggling with mana issues - i've turned wrath off for now, but even so I'm spamming the mana flask every few seconds. Have I done something wrong/omitted anything? I've followed the guide fairly closely and have been reading recent pages in this thread too.

My gear:

I know some of the gear needs updating or switching out for MF replacements, I'll do that in 10 levels or so. Just wondering if I can sort the mana issues for now? My plan is to go the lioneye's route for now (7 more levels for that).

I also have a 5L barrage weapon swap, but obviously i'd lose the herald for that. Not really planning on using it much though as I nearly have full atlas completion and don't plan on bossing.

The guide writer recommends getting Essence Sap early on if you're having issues with mana until you get better gear and level up more.

Mana sustain gets much easier once you get to about level 85 and you get more damage.

You're missing the last ascendancy, getting that +1 Arrow helps a lot, I recommend you get the last 2 ascendancy points, even if that means buying a boost, which really isn't that expensive.

I personally don't recommend Barrage, it's crap unless you're struggling with damage on T16 bosses and stuff, 6L Herald is much better.

Your flask choices are very weird, you're missing Dying Sun. It is an absolute must-have. You shouldn't need any life flasks.

Get a Jade Flask, Stibnite Flask and Dying Sun.
Yes.
Last edited by Bodomi on Jan 17, 2019, 5:53:50 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably grab a lab boost, yeah. Got the uber ascendancy.

Flask choices are just what I had - currently sitting on zero ex so dying sun is a little tricky for now.

What 6L herald would you run in leagues? At the moment I have HoI, curse, assassin's mark, onslaught and culling strike. Sounds like 6L herald and 5L TS (drop added cold maybe? Seems like ice bite and mirage archer can't really be dropped).

Edit: How about this?

I'll look into the flasks, thanks.
Last edited by Parhelius on Jan 18, 2019, 2:55:10 PM
Hi, i got a 5l winddripper, which gem should i swap out in the TS skill gem set up
Feel like I'm missing something with this build. Struggling past ~T11 maps, getting 1-shot in ~level 77 delves. Maybe just too used to BV with huge leech. Got the uber ascendancy, upgraded to a 6L herald and 6L windripper, but not really noticing any dps increase. Are there any basic mistakes I might be making? I know dying sun would be a dps boost but I can't afford that at the moment.
For a 6l Herald of Ice what links do you recommend?
Is Inspired Learning still worth running? That and a +2 TS helm is about all I have left to upgrade.
"
Synthetica_ wrote:
For a 6l Herald of Ice what links do you recommend?

I'm using Herald/CoH/Assassin's mark/onslaught/item rarity/enhance.
"
Ronzomanzi wrote:
Is Inspired Learning still worth running? That and a +2 TS helm is about all I have left to upgrade.

I like it personally - I suppose it depends on whether you value you the mods from IL more than the life/ele damage from another abyss jewel.

Did you find upgrading to Rigwalds is a significant dps jump? I'm struggling to see how upgrading to that from Hyrri's Demise is going to help much (and the POB building shows a dps decrease, though I know this is because of how the damage is calculated and it's more of "first hit" estimate as opposed to total dps).
Edit : Deleted
Last edited by anil1164 on Jan 24, 2019, 2:26:13 PM
"
Parhelius wrote:
"
Ronzomanzi wrote:

I like it personally - I suppose it depends on whether you value you the mods from IL more than the life/ele damage from another abyss jewel.

Did you find upgrading to Rigwalds is a significant dps jump? I'm struggling to see how upgrading to that from Hyrri's Demise is going to help much (and the POB building shows a dps decrease, though I know this is because of how the damage is calculated and it's more of "first hit" estimate as opposed to total dps).

I guess I'll give it a shot. I kind of switched from a KB build to this and bought Rigwald's off the bat, but the last time I played this build I upgraded to it and the jump was pretty noticeable. I'd definitely recommend it if you can afford it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info