[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
gargantua0 wrote:
"
Remember to get a lvl 21 DP. Costs like 3c right now and quality does nothing (AoE gets rounded down).

Can you elaborate for the quality ?
+10% increased area of effect don't look bad to me ?

i didn't found any formula to calculate the actual area.

The actual area of DP isn't stated, but I did tests some time ago when it still had +4 to radius.
Based on that, I'm 99% sure that the current radius is 25 units.

If you just use the standard formula for circles, you can conclude that the radius with 85% increased AoE (gem + passives) is 34.00367...
The game rounds down almost every number - and AoE is rounded down to radius which would be 34 in that case.

If you wanted to reach a radius of 35, you'd need at least 96% increased AoE, which the gem quality isn't enough for.
Basically, to go from 34 to 35, you'd need either the two minor AoE nodes or one node and gem quality.
A level 21 AoE gem and 20q DP could also work, I guess.

Here's a table showing the AoE breakpoints:

Actually, let me put this in the FAQ.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 22, 2018, 4:40:55 PM
i dont understand how to darkpact totem work ? example if i summon totem, darkpact deal dmg = %my life or % totem life ?
and darkpact chain ? if i summon 2 darkpact totem and 6skeleton, this means my dmg = (% my skeleton life x6)x 2 ? thanks you
"
quiet18121989 wrote:
i dont understand how to darkpact totem work ? example if i summon totem, darkpact deal dmg = %my life or % totem life ?
and darkpact chain ? if i summon 2 darkpact totem and 6skeleton, this means my dmg = (% my skeleton life x6)x 2 ? thanks you
Assuming you're using level 20 Dark Pact (251) and Added Chaos Damage (213) gems:

Only totem:
([6% of totem life] + 251 + 213) * 1.76

Totem with skeletons:
([6% of skeleton life] + 251 + 213) * (1 + [Chains])
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 13, 2018, 5:17:40 PM
I FUCKING LOVE YOU, FINALLY A BUILD THAT WORKED FOR ME!!
Totems have a range which determines how far they can "see" for the purposes of targeting enemies with attacks and spells. Totem range is not considered an area of effect, and will not be altered by AoE modifiers. There are no longer any ways to increase Totem range.

this is wiki, so you take point to aoe point is right or wrong bro? and concentral support gem can reduce radius of totem? thanks you.
Last edited by quiet18121989 on Apr 16, 2018, 2:49:15 AM
"
quiet18121989 wrote:
Totems have a range which determines how far they can "see" for the purposes of targeting enemies with attacks and spells. Totem range is not considered an area of effect, and will not be altered by AoE modifiers. There are no longer any ways to increase Totem range.

this is wiki, so you take point to aoe point is right or wrong bro? and concentral support gem can reduce radius of totem? thanks you.
It's true that AoE won't increase or reduce the target range of totems.

However, that range is higher than you can realistically get your Dark Pact AoE, so the totems will always cast DP when there's an enemy nearby.

Because the spell activation is based on the target radius and not spell range, it's even possible for them to cast even if they won't actually hit something with DP (like when you're using Conc. Effect).
Builds and Guides:
this means you wrong when take point to AOE point ? and no problems if i remove AOE point from skill tree ? sorry my english not good, thanks you.
"
quiet18121989 wrote:
this means you wrong when take point to AOE point ? and no problems if i remove AOE point from skill tree ? sorry my english not good, thanks you.
AoE will still increase the effective range of your totems, if that's what you mean.

It just won't increase the range at which they'll start casting.
Builds and Guides:
Loving the build. Almost hit 90 and still having a blast, though not tried anything too difficult yet.

2 deaths to minotaur just because I played stupidly.

Other than enchants (work in progress) and gem levels, anything obvious I'm missing that could be improved?

Thanks.

Last edited by casper0010 on Apr 22, 2018, 3:54:29 PM
"
casper0010 wrote:
Loving the build. Almost hit 90 and still having a blast, though not tried anything too difficult yet.

2 deaths to minotaur just because I played stupidly.

Other than enchants (work in progress) and gem levels, anything obvious I'm missing that could be improved?

Thanks.

Actually no, lol. Even your belt is very competitive with a Stygian.
I'm gonna use this as a gear sample because it's exactly what I think it should look like.

On your skill tree, I'd swap the Power Charge for Assassination, that should give you a lot more damage.

Btw, I just did a quick update on Ascendancy choices and the skill tree. (also skeleton gem setups)
Power Charges are really only worth it if you use them with Void Battery or Shimmeron and I barely saw anyone using those. Apep's Rage is a good alternative anyway.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 22, 2018, 6:02:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info