[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

I am converting a pre 3.0 character to try this build. I originally killed all bandits for the 2 skill points. If I use the book of reform, I lose 2 skill points and gain crit, resist and mana regen?
"
Frenchornsdad wrote:
I am converting a pre 3.0 character to try this build. I originally killed all bandits for the 2 skill points. If I use the book of reform, I lose 2 skill points and gain crit, resist and mana regen?
If you have an old character, you should be able to get it from Eramir in Act 2 for free, just make sure you get Alira's book and have 2 unallocated skillpoints.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Nov 19, 2017, 4:01:39 PM
Thanks.
Yeah I can get Aliria's book from Eramir, and I have 3 unused skill points, but I'll lose 2 of those when I use the book (because I originally killed all bandits) to get the extra crit etc. correct?

Ok, over to the compliment side....this is the easiest(most powerful), least expensive build, and you are the most responsive builder I've come across in my 1 year of playing.
"
Frenchornsdad wrote:
Thanks.
Yeah I can get Aliria's book from Eramir, and I have 3 unused skill points, but I'll lose 2 of those when I use the book (because I originally killed all bandits) to get the extra crit etc. correct?

Ok, over to the compliment side....this is the easiest(most powerful), least expensive build, and you are the most responsive builder I've come across in my 1 year of playing.
Yes, you lose the skill points, but it's worth it. :)
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
I think I'll run this on mayhem, but the first levels are a bit too painful. Any ideas besides hidden potential?
My first shaper kill ever on lvl 91 with a 5 links. Gems lvl 19 ...
Thanks for this build!
"
drbokorkati wrote:
I think I'll run this on mayhem, but the first levels are a bit too painful. Any ideas besides hidden potential?

hidden potential is not needed at all in a race, you simply level as firestorm, then flameblast totems in a nycta's lantern and axiom perpetuum and it's GG, rushing through the storymode was a breeze.
when you come to maps, the build is extremely easy to gear, and can do all map mods (yes even no regenereation until high tier maps)
keep in mind that this won't be as fast as other race builds (sunder, frost blades, frostbolt, etc.) but it's a good balance between versatility/cheap gear/safety
imho this build truly shines in late game maps, once properly geared and leveled
I've hit level 90 with this build very easily in turmoil race with just a 5 link
Last edited by Giammafix on Nov 20, 2017, 2:07:38 PM
Very nice Build!
Uber Lab at 66 no problem at all :D
78 now and tried several T15 maps - again: no problem
I just want to say thanks for the build. I used this to get into the top 100 Ascendants in Turmoil SC, and it's now my favourite character so far. Good clearspeed and insane single target, and lots of fun too. I'm already thinking of using it as my league starter in Abyss.

The only issue I had with it was that I absolutely hated flameblast totems. I just stayed with firestorm until I could gear up for dark pact, and that worked fine.
One last question and I'll leave you alone (promise). I'm in the home stretch (lvl 93+). You killed the shaper with your original passive skill tree (I have not tried yet). You have since switched over to MoM. Since this involves a lot of refund points......which route would you recommend I take?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info