[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

Update...

I went and tried the necro version by converting over a toon I already had. Was not real impressed. DPS was worse and the defense was not all that great.

Still have not done uber lab. I specced out of shadow area and went with hiero and assassin. Did the long route over from the witch side. Running a wither totem and power charges makes a huge difference for maps and leveling. Don't even have to switch out concentrate on most bosses.

Im still dual wielding and running enfeeble and temp chains. I tried with out the curses and fast movers are just a pain in the ass on a totem build. Gimp em and make em crawl.

Im not using kikizaru's and just flasking as needed. Enfeeble keeps the curse damage down pretty well. IR 193, IQ 8 and biscos. Tons and tons of drops. Build is perfect for magic find.

Harbingers and breaches are cake ( wither totem helps alot as well as slow em and gimp em ).

Level 83 and going strong... Nice to have a build with great DPS and high magic find!!!

NS
Just did uber lab. Very easy. No kikazaro rings. Dual wield and 2 warding health flasks. Did not even use concentrate.

Great build...

NS
I got an idea that kinda works using Martyr of Innocence, lvl 52 waepon which gives insane flat dmg without much investment

In addition running as 4L in Soul Mantle just
Dark Pact + Faster Casting + Immolate + Inc AoE / Conc eff

So far it works like a charm. Having 45% block to Attacks, with Rumi i would be around 60%
Crit is decent, taking the staff nodes before moving towards shadow area. It's kinda nice way how to progress the build.

Endgame wise, dagger + shield is still better option, but Martyr seems to like a cheapo way how to level till 80s
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
"
Nightstone13 wrote:
Just did uber lab. Very easy. No kikazaro rings. Dual wield and 2 warding health flasks. Did not even use concentrate.

Great build...

NS

could you please link your gear and skills you used to beat uber lab without kikazaru? thanks!
Last edited by Giammafix on Nov 12, 2017, 1:56:52 PM
I ran Uber with Hiero and assassin without a path to shadow. I ran the the witch side over till I completed the uber. My build is offensive ( dual wield ) with two auras ( Temp Chains +30% and enfeeble ). Having an extra totem on the helm ( wither ) is huge. It allows you to keep moving.

I also have a cast when hit firestorm with blind. So the poor sap ended up with temp chains, enfeeble, wither and blind and 3 un-concentrated totems doing 21k at the time. Much higher with the wither and self flag. I usually do a circle around him and he was dead half way through the second circle.

Im setup for magic find... will switch over to shield soon.

My current gear

"
Giammafix wrote:
"
Nightstone13 wrote:

Great build...

NS

could you please link your gear and skills you used to beat uber lab without kikazaru? thanks!
Started turmoil hc with this build and loving it.
Made it to lv 70 with a rare 4-link chest. Now rocking with that nasty curse immunity and it feels both weird and amazing.

The leveling section could specify that scions can't buy firestorm from the vendors (until late a3). Might help new players and avoid confusion.

Thanks for the great build!
VERY cheap, yet this is the best build I've ever played. Definitely making this my option for next league if no nerfs are done. :P

VERY reliably kills things. Inc AoE gem not needed at all (except for leveling to around 80-85.) Takes Norm Atziri + T13s (highest I've ran so far) to dinner; no gem swaps required.

No legacy gear was used at all from level 1 onwards.

Edit: new gear + tree; dropped Eramir for Alira (helped LOADS), 200k DPS from PoB.

(haven't decided whether to keep the silver flask or mana yet. leaning towards mana.)
Last edited by bvanharjr on Nov 29, 2017, 8:15:43 AM
what would you recommend between a shield with spell damage and a shield with increased critical chance for spells?
I've noticed that the dps from a shield with crit is lower compared with a shield with spell damage, but in game dps may not be accurate
"
Giammafix wrote:
what would you recommend between a shield with spell damage and a shield with increased critical chance for spells?
I've noticed that the dps from a shield with crit is lower compared with a shield with spell damage, but in game dps may not be accurate

That depends on the current state of your character and the rolls, but spell damage tends to be better most of the time.

The tooltip is accurate in that case, but I'd put a few curses on you to simulate a "realistic" scenario.
The only way to know for sure is with PoB of course.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:

That depends on the current state of your character and the rolls, but spell damage tends to be better most of the time.

The tooltip is accurate in that case, but I'd put a few curses on you to simulate a "realistic" scenario.
The only way to know for sure is with PoB of course.

thanks, well I've found out that apparently 50% spell damage is better than 80% critical chance for spells
leveling felt very smooth anyway, the build may not have ultra-fast clearspeed but can do any map mod without problems

edit update:
just hit level 90 in the turmoil race with a 5-link, you can check my gear in my character tab on my profile.
the build is very fun and pretty versatile, though there are better clearspeed builds for races (placing totems each time feels very clunky), but this one is safe and requires just the 5-linked soul mantle and is very very easy to gear up at the beginning of a race/league(no need to overcap resistances).
Last edited by Giammafix on Nov 17, 2017, 6:36:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info