[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

This build can be used in the upcoming Turmoil League? Soul Mantle could be a problem to find so early
"
erasem wrote:
This build can be used in the upcoming Turmoil League? Soul Mantle could be a problem to find so early

I did an update on the guide, check it out.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
erasem wrote:

I did an update on the guide, check it out.

Amazing, couldnt ask for a better timming :)
Hi guys,

im playing HC at the moment and this is my first Char for this League.
Im close to lvl 49 and still use 1 Axiom Perpetuum and 1 Nycta's Lantern.

So its still the Flameblast - Spell Totem - Elemental Focus.

I wonder,how do i make the transition with little currency?
I cant afford all the Items now and dont know what i should change.
I still use magic items for the damage and with Act 6 now the resistance are a problem.

Could someone of you help me to figure out what i should do next?!
"
Arinfaed wrote:
Hi guys,

im playing HC at the moment and this is my first Char for this League.
Im close to lvl 49 and still use 1 Axiom Perpetuum and 1 Nycta's Lantern.

So its still the Flameblast - Spell Totem - Elemental Focus.

I wonder,how do i make the transition with little currency?
I cant afford all the Items now and dont know what i should change.
I still use magic items for the damage and with Act 6 now the resistance are a problem.

Could someone of you help me to figure out what i should do next?!

You need high resists right now or else you will die very soon.
I assume you can't afford the rings (they are a lot more expensive in hc)?

There are two ways I can think of:

1. (Safe) Does your Flameblast do enough damage without Hidden Potential? If yes, keep using it until you can afford the rings.

2. (Risky) Get a Soul Mantle with DP and 2+ utlity flasks of Warding to remove the curses. This is potentially dangerous because you'll have to watch the uptime of the flasks, but you will do a lot more damage.

Regardless of what you choose to do, it is time to get rare gear with life and resistances - and your resists should be very close to 75%. You can also swap Clarity for Purity for Elements to help with that.

Also, since you're playing HC, you should get the life passive nodes next to Constitution next.
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

You need high resists right now or else you will die very soon.
I assume you can't afford the rings (they are a lot more expensive in hc)?

There are two ways I can think of:

1. (Safe) Does your Flameblast do enough damage without Hidden Potential? If yes, keep using it until you can afford the rings.

2. (Risky) Get a Soul Mantle with DP and 2+ utlity flasks of Warding to remove the curses. This is potentially dangerous because you'll have to watch the uptime of the flasks, but you will do a lot more damage.

Regardless of what you choose to do, it is time to get rare gear with life and resistances - and your resists should be very close to 75%. You can also swap Clarity for Purity for Elements to help with that.

Also, since you're playing HC, you should get the life passive nodes next to Constitution next.

Okay i went for a weird 3rd Option

I had items with all the Sockets i needed and some Ress and life.
Im at 1,5k HP and all ress around 50% in Act 6.
I got all the Gem Setup but the Main one.
I only have a 4Link with Darc Pakt - Void Manipulation - Added Chaos Damage - Spell Totem
To waste even one Slot for Spell Totem is really tough tho.

Well one Ring is around 10c in Hardcore and the Mantle with some sockets or Links isnt free either.
I got like 5C, 10Fuses, 20 Alch.... so not that much to go for the Mantle + Rings.

Maybe i should still use Flameblast but i already managed to change the gear so i can use atleast all the gems and run DP.

Thanks for your fast reply!
Last edited by Arinfaed on Oct 30, 2017, 6:41:54 PM
"
Arinfaed wrote:
Okay i went for a weird 3rd Option

I had items with all the Sockets i needed and some Ress and life.
Im at 1,5k HP and all ress around 50% in Act 6.
I got all the Gem Setup but the Main one.
I only have a 4Link with Darc Pakt - Void Manipulation - Added Chaos Damage - Spell Totem
To waste even one Slot for Spell Totem is really tough tho.

Well one Ring is around 10c in Hardcore and the Mantle with some sockets or Links isnt free either.
I got like 5C, 10Fuses, 20 Alch.... so not that much to go for the Mantle + Rings.

Maybe i should still use Flameblast but i already managed to change the gear.

I haven't checked, but Nyta's is really strong at your level. I'm pretty sure that Flameblast will be better.

It's actually even possible that a DP in Nycta's is stronger than a 4link because of the damage effectiveness and added fire damage. (Again, can't check right now)
Builds and Guides:
got a pob link for this build? whhatkind of dps can i expect with very basic gear ?
"
rozakk wrote:
got a pob link for this build? whhatkind of dps can i expect with very basic gear ?

I'll probably post a link in the guide soon.
This is my character with the most expensive things removed (Should be around 1 ex?); fully buffed, with conc. effect, against a map boss. It does scale very well with upgrades though.

The DPS can get a lot higher, but at the cost of QoL.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Nov 3, 2017, 7:37:36 AM
Thank you very much for this nice guide. I have two questions regarding the links / skill gem levels.

You recommend to Use Enfeeble on Lv 5. What is the reason for that?
And why should the Golem/Clarity CWDT be Level 20 instead of Level 1?

So far, I´m using Clarity (MoM) as a permanent aura to there is no need for CWDT. I just need to revive the golem.

"
3 Link
Cast When Damage Taken (Level 20) - Summon Lightning Golem (Level 20), Haste/Clarity

CWDT ensures our Golem is always active. Both the Golem and Haste provide good DPS and mobility. Clarity provides mana regen. Use Clarity for MoM, Haste for non-MoM.
You need a bit of Dex for a level 20 Haste; get it from gear, jewels or just leave it at a low level (which is probably the best choice).

3 Link
Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) - Immortal Call (Level 1) - Enfeeble (Level 5)

Simply a defensive Setup that protects us from BS like Porcupines and Projectile Barrages. Temporal Chains is a good alternative for Enfeeble.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info