[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

Great build, killed Shaper with it. I still have a few questions though.

First about jewells. I don't see increased totem damage in the list of stats, is there some reason why it can't be used? Or did you just forget to mention it?

Second one is about boots enchantment. It doesn't say GLOBAL critical strike chance, so i want to be 100% sure that it will work correctly before i spent my currency.

And the third one is unwavering stance on Kaom's. It makes all evasion from items useless, right? I think it important to say about it in gearing section.

Thanks in advance!
"
slivvafet wrote:
First about jewells. I don't see increased totem damage in the list of stats, is there some reason why it can't be used? Or did you just forget to mention it?

Second one is about boots enchantment. It doesn't say GLOBAL critical strike chance, so i want to be 100% sure that it will work correctly before i spent my currency.

And the third one is unwavering stance on Kaom's. It makes all evasion from items useless, right? I think it important to say about it in gearing section.

1) Yeah, I forgot about it.

2) I can guarantee you that the enchantment works with DP and will not get deactivated by totems critting. Local crit chance would increase the boots' crit chance, which is ... silly.
The wording is indeed a bit inconsistent as gear usually specifies what the crit is for, whereas on the passive tree it's only used for clarification. (see Assassination and Shaman's Dominion).

3) Correct. Defences on gear aren't really important because they scale very bad on this build (the best one would be ES). It's better to just ignore them and focus on life and resists.
The only way I could see unwavering stance being noteworthy is if someone wanted to use grace, an evasion flask or blind. I guess I'll mention that.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
From your experience: what helmet to buy to do Shaper/Uber Atziri (I am aming for min/maxing): 40% damage or 12% cast speed?

What would you pick: gloves with armor or 16% spell damage ES one?

Thank you... especially for leveling guide!

:) gl&hf
Last edited by Rexeos on Oct 21, 2017, 1:16:51 AM
"
Rexeos wrote:
From your experience: what helmet to buy to do Shaper/Uber Atziri (I am aming for min/maxing): 40% damage or 12% cast speed?

The difference is so minor (like +/- 1% depending on your gear) that I'd personally buy the helmet that has 10 extra life.
If you really want to know what's better, you need to check it yourself in PoB (don't forget to turn on 5-6 curses for Self-Flaggelation). In general I'd recommend the 40% damage enchantment because cast speed makes your totems die a bit faster.

"
Rexeos wrote:
What would you pick: gloves with armor or 16% spell damage ES one?

Between these two, definitely the ES gloves.
Builds and Guides:
I corrupted Dark Pact and Added Chaos Damage and i got for both Level 20 Quality 23%.

Do i better get Level 21 0% quality or keep mines?
"
coubi64 wrote:
I corrupted Dark Pact and Added Chaos Damage and i got for both Level 20 Quality 23%.

Do i better get Level 21 0% quality or keep mines?

The 20/23 Added Chaos Damage is good but I'd get a 21/0 Dark Pact.
Builds and Guides:
I just don't get it - Why don't you have ANY gear with chaos resistance??!!
Your skill tree gives you only 20% chaos resistance - so you play with (-40%) chaos resistance?
Last edited by Negator1C on Oct 22, 2017, 3:55:47 PM
"
Negator1C wrote:
I just don't get it - Why don't you have ANY gear with chaos resistance??!!
Your skill tree gives you only 20% chaos resistance - so you play with (-40%) chaos resistance?

Most life, MOM, or Shav builds do not have much, if any, chaos resistance. Chaos resistance comes into play with some builds that do not use Shav's but still use ES as a primary defense (aura summoners come to mind).

If you give it a try, you will see that if you invest in life/MOM, you can survive with very little chaos resistance. I do not play HC so this advice may not apply there.
If you playing Witch - Occultist:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.2/AAAABAMAAQQHBLMFQgceCPQLYQ5IEMwRlha_GjgdFB8CIvQmlScvKgsqEyu2LJwy0TWSNsU6WDrhPAU8LT1fQYdBlkSrRUdFnUlRTLNN406uUlNTUlVLVa5VxljlWfNaK1xAXfJh4mSdZlRmnmh0aPJqQ2qMbAttGXBScg91nnsgf8aCEINfg8yD24Pzh8uJ04w2jEaOZI9Gj6aP-pBVkyeUb5Uul5Wa4KIAotmj8qZXpwinm64SrrOvbLDYsTa2-rc-uZO86sBmwwnDE8auyBTPFdAf0PXYJNi937Dr7uv173zv6_Af8NXyHfJF9W_3pviT-ej60v4K_of-jw==

- Semi testet - 3.0.2

-- Second option:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.2/AAAABAMAAQQHBLMFQgceCPQLYQ5IEMwRlha_GjgdFB8CIvQmlSoLKhMrtiycMtE1kjbFOlg64TwFPC09X0GWRKtFR0WdSU9JUUyzTeNOrlJTU1JVS1WuVcZY5VnzWitcQF3yYeJknWZUZp5o8mpDaoxsC20ZcFJyD3WeeyB_xoIQg1-DzIPbg_OFMofLidOMNoxGjmSPRo-mj_qQVZMnlG-VLpctl5Wa4KIAotmj8qZXpwinm64SrrOvbK-NsTa2-rc-uZO8qrzqwGbDCcMTxq7IFM8V0B_Q9dgk2L3fsOvu6_XvfO_r8B_w1fId8kX1b_em-JP60v4K_of-jw==

You can correct this build for self.
Last edited by mowieci on Oct 23, 2017, 4:58:55 AM
Hey, finally killed Uber Atziri :).

This build is fine for Shaper with cca 40k dps.

But for Uber I failed, but was doable for me with 67,2k dps (70k with golem) and 5,9khp - but its still a bit tricky, but from all bosses from Alluring Abbys is Uber Atziri easiest imo.

For leveling I was using MOM tree, but instead of all crit nodes (7) I picked all life nodes available, instead of Haste I had Arctic Armor.

Paid: Dagger 50c, Helmet 5ex, Shield 5c, Amulet 1c, Rings 35c, Gloves 3ex, Belt 1c, Boots 80c, Unique Jewel 15c, Other Jewels mine + 25c, Dark Pact 2.5ex, Added Chaos Damage 2.5ex, Armor base 25c Jewels 300 Fuse 40.

Thx for nice build, I was enjoying it.

gl and hf
Last edited by Rexeos on Oct 24, 2017, 8:40:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info