[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

Do you think it's interesting to fit in the new Storm Barrier support gem for the wither setup? (13% less physical and lightning damage taken and power charge generation). I think it may not be, but as always I try to fit in new gems just for the novelty.
Last edited by KurthDeimos on Nov 27, 2017, 9:57:54 PM
"
KurthDeimos wrote:
Do you think it's interesting to fit in the new Storm Barrier support gem for the wither setup? (13% less physical and lightning damage taken and power charge generation). I think it may not be, but as always I try to fit in new gems just for the novelty.

You can fit it in since you're still able to hit 20 Wither stacks w/o Faster Casting, but I doubt it's worth it.

13% phys/lightning reduction is not a lot when you barely have armor to begin with and even then it's only against these two damage types.

The Power Charges are nice to have, but too unreliable for a Void Battery build.
In general you want to avoid getting hit, which is why IMO Faster Casting is better: it gives you more time to dodge.

I can maybe see it being used in HC where the extra damage isn't that important over survivability.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
hi guys would someone mind taking a look at my dp build which im playing in mayhem,gone for the clearspeed, it has potential , but when i compare the POB dps numbers mine isnt anywhere close
granted its a 5 link and the gems arent fully levelled ,but still i feel like im losing out on a lot of dps, when i compare it with others builds, not sure what im not scaling

if anyone can look at my character and commend about the status of my character , that would be awesome, like is this what i can expect of it right now , or how i can improve it further ?

"
h3llw4rd3n wrote:
hi guys would someone mind taking a look at my dp build which im playing in mayhem,gone for the clearspeed, it has potential , but when i compare the POB dps numbers mine isnt anywhere close
granted its a 5 link and the gems arent fully levelled ,but still i feel like im losing out on a lot of dps, when i compare it with others builds, not sure what im not scaling

if anyone can look at my character and commend about the status of my character , that would be awesome, like is this what i can expect of it right now , or how i can improve it further ?

You're doing nothing wrong, it's mainly that your gear and gems could use a lot of improvement.

You're naturally doing a little bit less damage because you chose the speed nodes, but that shouldn't impact you too much.
I'd definitely grab the Assassination node on the shadow tree; it' more than 10% dps for 2 skill points in PoB.

You probably also want a dagger with attack speed (or a brightbeak) since you're going for clearspeed. Otherwise Divinarius is a pretty good weapon for it's price.

Edit: Also, Shield Charge should be pretty good on your character. You should try it out if you haven't already.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Nov 29, 2017, 4:19:20 AM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
h3llw4rd3n wrote:

You're doing nothing wrong, it's mainly that your gear and gems could use a lot of improvement.

You're naturally doing a little bit less damage because you chose the speed nodes, but that shouldn't impact you too much.
I'd definitely grab the Assassination node on the shadow tree; it' more than 10% dps for 2 skill points in PoB.

You probably also want a dagger with attack speed (or a brightbeak) since you're going for clearspeed. Otherwise Divinarius is a pretty good weapon for it's price.

Edit: Also, Shield Charge should be pretty good on your character. You should try it out if you haven't already.

hi thanks for the quick reply managed to get hold ofa 6 link, turns out i had wither at 1 , so that was also there..

gear wise , it was hard to find a better gear in the league , divinarus seem to be topping out among the available once, i will try to find a better shield and dagger if something comes along the way apart from those do u see any other gear that can be improved ?

and yes im thinking about trying shield charge, though last few characters i have been using that and felt like i needed a change and im on the same boat as u about it getting stuck on small obstacles..

also when i looked in pob faster casting seems to be giving more damage compared to increased critical strikes? even less duration and efficacy also..i have to test it out ,, in a tier 6 racecourse crit strikes and faster casting didnt make much of a difference..
Last edited by h3llw4rd3n on Nov 29, 2017, 6:25:10 AM
"
h3llw4rd3n wrote:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
h3llw4rd3n wrote:

hi thanks for the quick reply managed to get hold ofa 6 link, turns out i had wither at 1 , so that was also there..

gear wise , it was hard to find a better gear in the league , divinarus seem to be topping out among the available once, i will try to find a better shield and dagger if something comes along the way apart from those do u see any other gear that can be improved ?

and yes im thinking about trying shield charge, though last few characters i have been using that and felt like i needed a change and im on the same boat as u about it getting stuck on small obstacles..

also when i looked in pob faster casting seems to be giving more damage compared to increased critical strikes? even less duration and efficacy also..i have to test it out ,, in a tier 6 racecourse crit strikes and faster casting didnt make much of a difference..

Well, noone's doing lab in Mayhem which means you can't get the enchants, so your best bet will be shield/dagger, jewels and gems (quality). I doubt you'd drop that Bisco's, but an amulet would also add damage.

Since you probably won't be able to get the enchant, you can fit in a Power Charge generator, like PCoC + Orb of Storms (active), or a level 1 CWDT + Ball Lightning (passive). That should be another 10% damage.

Crit needs a bit of investment to be good, so some other gems might give you better dps depending on the state of your character (and the diamond flask).
In general I'd always recommend it for mapping because it makes your damage more consistent.
Builds and Guides:
Small note on an offensive budget option, was looking to plug anything in as a shield for shield charge and had a Wheel of the Stormsail. Was a bit of fun to play with as it has 100% increased duration of curses on you. I’d started Turmoil pretty late so I was looking to spend as little as possible on stop-gap items and this was a nice surprise.

Great build, lots of fun compared to other totem builds I’ve played, thanks!
How can I up my Damage aside from better ammy and 6link?
"
Keynomaru2 wrote:

Gem quality and levels, better weapon, a diamond flask, lab enchantments (at least on the boots), better (and more) jewels and more levels.

I'll add an FAQ entry later.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Dec 3, 2017, 7:42:28 AM
"
Keynomaru2 wrote:

gem quality & levels, better jewels, better gear (dump Kaom's or get a pair that're uncorrupted) & get Alira. 2 passive points aren't worth dropping a bunch of damage, regen & res.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Dec 3, 2017, 9:16:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info