[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
dsata wrote:
Thanks Waffle - for this first time since I started making this build (prob the day yours came out) i finally got the prophecy and paid someone to do Atziri for me.. Got the Atziri Shield finally... 11.5k ES at level 88.

Now - my sight is on the Watchers Eye Jewel. That said, we can't obviously use Clarity with this build because of the mana restrictions. Does that mean we drop purity of elements and try to cover with 3 stat + all res jewels?

I play HC so for me.. ES over Wrath Watchers Eye makes a heck of a lot more sense.

My heirophant had a mana cost of 18 and 174 unreserved mana. A level 1 clarity only reserves 31 mana so I still had 143 unreserved mana which is enough to do everything you need to do and still run purity of elements, discipline and wrath.

3.3 drastically improved the prophecy rate of atziri's reflection bringing down its price. Its now in my opinion just best in slot

"
Been following this build for a few days. Was wondering how Ancestral Bond and Herald Of Thunder were supposed to work? Doesn't HoT only count if YOU do the damage?

Totems won't trigger the lightning zappy storm part of herald of thunder since *you* have not been killing shocked things but the part of the buff we cared about was the added lightning damage to attacks and totems attack as though you were attacking including that added damage
Last edited by WaffleT on Jun 8, 2018, 3:12:06 AM
This build is great. I ran it last league which was my first league back in 3 years and it was such a smooth char to gear up and work through maps with, it really got me into the game again. Many early uniques were cheap and none were so expensive that I couldn't work towards them running maps. Going RF this league and shopping for rares made me appreciate this build even more. With specific uniques to shoot for, it's much easier to know the price of each piece and looking through poe trade is way less hassle.

Your WI trapper sounds interesting, do you think it would work as a spell totem heirophant? EIther quad totem or arcane blessing?
"
Malrockk wrote:
This build is great. I ran it last league which was my first league back in 3 years and it was such a smooth char to gear up and work through maps with, it really got me into the game again. Many early uniques were cheap and none were so expensive that I couldn't work towards them running maps. Going RF this league and shopping for rares made me appreciate this build even more. With specific uniques to shoot for, it's much easier to know the price of each piece and looking through poe trade is way less hassle.

Your WI trapper sounds interesting, do you think it would work as a spell totem heirophant? EIther quad totem or arcane blessing?

Thanks I think it shows how different players of this game have different mindsets. Some look at a build like this and don't see enough room to upgrade or adjust everything based on a good drop. I on the other hand really dislike needing to change everything all the time and want a gear slot to just be *done*

A few people IMed about the WI trapper so wrote a short write up on it and a vid
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2159425

It plays quite similarly to this build. There is a bit more delay as the damage stacks but the ramp up is much better and at full storms it can get much much more damage. Problem is there isn't really anything in the game at the moment where I want to spend time ramping up the damage. Interesting character but I will be moving on from it.

In my own personal opinion for whispering ice it goes
Trapper > Selfcast > Cast while Channeling > Spell totem

Trapper felt smoothest with good trap throwing speed and solid damage. Selfcast you needed to really stack cast speed to not feel 'glued' constantly with its high cast time. CWC feels even worse to me then selfcast, less damage too but this probably changed with the new combustion support. Spell totem has the worst damage. 30% less cast speed is just brutal. That would be fine in exchange for better feeling gameplay but totems also lack leech and don't get the block/evasion that HOWA does. I couldn't find a way to make it feel good
Hey waffle, been playing with arc totems this league, and its been super fun - the speed is amazing and the bossing is super decent - I was wondering if trying out this identical gear set with identical tree would work well for an arc totem build?

I don't really see why it would not work, what are your thoughts?
Hello Waffle

First of all great build, I am really enjoying the power of the build. I am currently farming guardians and shaper consistently. Wanted your opinion on Apep's Supremacy, do you think it would be worth switching out atziri's mirror for bossing. The jewels are not a problem to get just not sure if it's worth the drop in damage. Also for guardian and shaper farming, which watcher's eye jewel would be better for tankiness - (Disipline- faster start of energy shield recharge) or ( Clarity-ES from mana). My goal is to pretty much never die to them even though I'm SC.

Thanks again for the build, bossing has never been easier.
Hey Waffle,

I've been using this build this league and it's pretty smooth so far. I was just wondering why can't I reach the damage output that was stated. Also I only have about 7K ES and no where near 10K. Was wondering on what should I improve on.
"
RewQew wrote:
Hey Waffle,

I've been using this build this league and it's pretty smooth so far. I was just wondering why can't I reach the damage output that was stated. Also I only have about 7K ES and no where near 10K. Was wondering on what should I improve on.

Your chest isn't an es/es Atziri's, which would be a huge boost to your ES. Then shop around for high rolled versions of all your other uniques to maximize ES. Also, no ES in any jewels. Every little bit helps, look at the gear in the first post and see things like a 116 all stats Astramentis, 30 more ES in the helm and a 15% all stats belt.
Hey just following up on my post about using arc + totems using this build and setup.

POB shows a super drop in total damage when trying to plug in a spell totem+arc and the proper support skills, the strange thing is that its higher than what I currently show on my setup for my arc totem build and I basically delete everything with it...

That being said, the base dmg of THIS build sits at around 75-88k per totem, the arc is something like 27-35k per totem. I just don't know how it translates properly, obv arc dmg is different than ancestral and if I can do similar damage with like 3 times the clear speed?

I guess I'm just asking for thoughts on this variant.

Anything at all is appreciated!
Hello!

Can you help me?

I stuck in the game at act 8. im lv 58 all the recommended points for es i got but my es is only 1010 with the discipline gem and the recommended gears. What am i doing wrong?
i always die. cant make the chaos inoculation skill because the mobs always break my energy shield.
my two totems only make 1500 total damage. the bosses always has elemental and chaos resitances.
"
irobacsi wrote:
Hello!

Can you help me?

I stuck in the game at act 8. im lv 58 all the recommended points for es i got but my es is only 1010 with the discipline gem and the recommended gears. What am i doing wrong?
i always die. cant make the chaos inoculation skill because the mobs always break my energy shield.
my two totems only make 1500 total damage. the bosses always has elemental and chaos resitances.

You shouldn't go CI until you have the ES to take a few hits. The leveling section says to not go CI until you have about 5k ES. So you should use a respec point to take the point out of CI. If you're still struggling, throw a couple points into "Purity of Flesh" and "Discipline and Training" with the expectation that you will take them out of there when you are ready to go CI.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info