[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

Hello!

I'm lvl 93, just did my first ever shaper with only 1 death and did red elder as well
this build can clear all content! thank u very much :D
Awesome build!

I love the synergy of the items used. Thanks OP.

It's worth noting just how easy leveling is too, with Hand of Thought and Motion. The entire leveling process is fast and easy.
Im 73 right now and i have a issue, haha. I cant use Wrath yet and i have the vertex already xD. I already brought the watcher's jewel with that skill affix. It's the mana reserved, which is not enough.

Any thoughts or i have to level some more?
"
Squirtle2096 wrote:
Im 73 right now and i have a issue, haha. I cant use Wrath yet and i have the vertex already xD. I already brought the watcher's jewel with that skill affix. It's the mana reserved, which is not enough.

You need Enlighten level 2+ ( in the Vertex helm, with your auras) and /or -mana reserved nodes.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 17, 2018, 10:22:14 AM
Glad that the build seems to be working for everyone

"
Squirtle2096 wrote:

You say that you can't use wrath yet and that the mana reserved is not enough but you have gotton the 3x4% reduced mana reserved nodes and soverignty which is what you need to be able to run the three auras with only a level 1 enlightten

Do you perhaps mean that you can run all the auras but then don't have enough mana to cast the totems? I'm not sure how much mana you would have without all the gear and lower level so if that is your problem it is solved by leveling up the enlighten gem or getting more levels for more Int or when you complete the uber lab which halves the mana cost of skills
Uber done at 75. Super easy.
I took San of Thought first so I could just use the builds gear, minus the chest and belt all the way to 75. Didn't die once, 60-75 with barely 5k ES.

This aint too shabby for uber lab too. Very good build.
WaffleT tell me why are you using the sixth gem ruthless and not lightning penetration?
"
Mentrell wrote:
WaffleT tell me why are you using the sixth gem ruthless and not lightning penetration?

Because you already get a lot of lightning penetration from gear (Watcher's Eye, Wise Oak) and tree (Arcing Blows, Heart of Thunder) so the added lightning penetration from the gem suffers from dimishing returns and therefore simply does less dps than Ruthless.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Mentrell wrote:

Flapdrol is correct it is a matter of diminishing returns

I did math on this so I'll show my working

There are 5 possible sources of penetration in this build along with the gem. If you use all of them you get 83% penetration

We like to talk big but in reality there is such a thing as too much penetration

Basically after getting 3 of the 5 options for penetration then ruthless starts being a better dps option on bosses

The difference is small and I can see the argument for either side. In endgame mobs die in 1 hit anyway so only boss dps matters and I can see giving up 6-9% dps in normal maps in order to have better dps on EE and +resistance maps where the pen is more effective
Last edited by WaffleT on Jan 18, 2018, 7:07:19 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:
There are 5 possible sources of penetration in this build along with the gem.

Six. It is not penetration, but close enough :)

BTW: Is Pure Talent *really* worth it over a good 4 mod jewel + 2 skill points? Because if I go there, I need to rework my jewels to make sure my str stays higher than my dex, and I'd rather not do this without knowing it is really worthwhile.

And if I don't take Pure Talent, and am planning to halt leveling at 96 (so I will never reach Coordination), wouldn't Unnatural Calm (approached from below) be better than Soul Siphon?
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jan 18, 2018, 7:46:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info