[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

Sure i understand you, i also played tons of different totembuilds in my looong playtime, but i always hated warchiefs for their ~1sec delay until they do something. In general warchiefs are pretty good ;)

Despite using popular items/skills lile howa and AW, it still has the memes of pure unique items, hierophant, ES base in 2018, barely used items like the atziris mirror or rings and the beautiful synergy between all of this.

Had something similar in 3.0 with a 21k hp/es/mom hierophant and scorching ray, shapers touch, doons and str stacking. I just like those kind of builds ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:

Despite using popular items/skills lile howa and AW, it still has the memes of pure unique items, hierophant, ES base in 2018, barely used items like the atziris mirror or rings and the beautiful synergy between all of this.

Had something similar in 3.0 with a 21k hp/es/mom hierophant and scorching ray, shapers touch, doons and str stacking. I just like those kind of builds ;)

Yeah I'm pretty sure nobody else uses the mirror. ES deserved its nerf as it was OP before while now its just 'good' makes me a bit sad though since my builds would have another 2-3k ES in the old days

It seems we think alike. I remember that build, I wanted to try it and considered it a few times but I really dislike being glued in place for channeling skills.

I've spent quite some time this league theorycrafting and playing whispering ice characters trying to get enough cast speed or trap/mine/totem methods so that it felt smooth and not "glued"
Question: What helmet enchantment is the best?

I guess 40% increased Ancestral Warchief Totem Damage (which of course is not present in Abyss on poe.trade)

Or would 15% reduced Wrath Mana Reservation, an Enhance 4 and maybe some mana reservation nodes allow the addition of Herald of Thunder, and if so, is this better than Totem Damage?

All other alternatives seem wimpy: Shield Charge attack Speed, Enfeeble Curse effect, Increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Lightning Golems

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Question: What helmet enchantment is the best?

I guess 40% increased Ancestral Warchief Totem Damage (which of course is not present in Abyss on poe.trade)

Or would 15% reduced Wrath Mana Reservation, an Enhance 4 and maybe some mana reservation nodes allow the addition of Herald of Thunder, and if so, is this better than Totem Damage?

All other alternatives seem wimpy: Shield Charge attack Speed, Enfeeble Curse effect, Increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Lightning Golems

I was able to get "ancestral warchief grants 30% increased melee damage while active" wich should be allmost as good as 40% aw damage.

I just checked my char in pob, u need 2x lvl 4 enlighten, 2x 4% reduced mana reserved nodes from sovereignty, and it will only give +6k dps per totem compared to that 30% damage helm i have( chekced with only wise oak active against shaper). So 2 passives and 2x price of lvl 4 enlighten for such a low increase wich u can allready get from those 2 passives on just some ele dmg nodes.

But that increased lightning golem buff effect gave 2k damage per totem compared to that 30% increase, while 40% aw damage gave about 3k per totem.
Last edited by DeGyrst on Jan 8, 2018, 11:09:10 AM
"
DeGyrst wrote:
I was able to get "ancestral warchief grants 30% increased melee damage while active" wich should be allmost as good as 40% aw damage.

Hmmm...I somehow assumed this would apply to my non-existent melee damage only, but that is clearly wrong.

"
DeGyrst wrote:
I just checked my char in pob, u need 2x lvl 4 enlighten, 2x 4% reduced mana reserved nodes from sovereignty, and it will only give +6k dps per totem compared to that 30% damage helm i have( chekced with only wise oak active against shaper). So 2 passives and 2x price of lvl 4 enlighten for such a low increase wich u can allready get from those 2 passives on just some ele dmg nodes.

Another idea shot down.....

"
DeGyrst wrote:
But that increased lightning golem buff effect gave 2k damage per totem compared to that 30% increase, while 40% aw damage gave about 3k per totem.

So three chances to get a good mod: the two damages and the lightning golem. Well...65 more Izaros to go for the endgame grind.

The worst is that I would much prefer more defense over more dps: the dps I have is already stupendous: with 4 totems out + golem and potions it is at 186K tooltip per totem, and that excludes the various LightPen% and Ruthless contributions.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jan 8, 2018, 3:42:00 PM
You could try to get jewels with faster start of energy shield recharge, or abyss jewels that give additional block chance. I think jewels are the part where you can go more defencive or offencive with this build.

Ive been using rumi's and enduring cry, molten shell and tempest shield in cwdt along with enfeeble and lightning golem in other cwdt, helps in those crazy map mod abysses. Harder to keep ele overload up with just shield charge, but damage is well enough w/o it against 98% of content.
Last edited by DeGyrst on Jan 8, 2018, 4:17:30 PM
"
DeGyrst wrote:
You could try to get jewels with faster start of energy shield recharge, or abyss jewels that give additional block chance. I think jewels are the part where you can go more defencive or offencive with this build.

Ive been using rumi's and enduring cry, molten shell and tempest shield in cwdt along with enfeeble and lightning golem in other cwdt, helps in those crazy map mod abysses. Harder to keep ele overload up with just shield charge, but damage is well enough w/o it against 98% of content.

Rumi. How can I not use a Rumi?

D'oh!
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Hey nice build! I'm going to be playing it for a while but I was wondering.. Since you went CI, would it be worth to go zealot's oath as well? Just to benefit from any sort of regen.
"
Flapdrol wrote:

So three chances to get a good mod: the two damages and the lightning golem. Well...65 more Izaros to go for the endgame grind.

The worst is that I would much prefer more defense over more dps: the dps I have is already stupendous: with 4 totems out + golem and potions it is at 186K tooltip per totem, and that excludes the various LightPen% and Ruthless contributions.

Yeah any of those three enchants are good so you can aim for one while selling helms for enchants that work with other builds

If you were looking for other things to upgrade you could try corrupting gloves for curse on hit or belt for increased aoe. Neither is a huge upgrade though

"
Pl0x3r_2605 wrote:
Hey nice build! I'm going to be playing it for a while but I was wondering.. Since you went CI, would it be worth to go zealot's oath as well? Just to benefit from any sort of regen.

I did consider it but 1% regen for a point isn't really at all noticeable. Thats about 100 ES per second but it only takes a second before your recharge fills you up to full anyway. That extra point could be on an ES node that would give about 160 extra max ES
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

Yeah any of those three enchants are good so you can aim for one while selling helms for enchants that work with other builds.

Haven't had much success in selling the half-decent ones I found. With the nerfing of ES, the Vertex is not so popular anymore :(

"
WaffleT wrote:

If you were looking for other things to upgrade you could try corrupting gloves for curse on hit or belt for increased aoe. Neither is a huge upgrade though. 

Elemental Weakness on Hit seems nice: 30% reduced all-res (12% on bosses). it would work better if you didn't have all the lightning penetration already, but it is still around 20%/9% more damage after the first hit.

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info