[3.0] The Unshaper | Crit Starforge Heavy Strike | Millions of DPS | Shaper in ~3:30

"
turntup1234 wrote:
This build is fucking garbage. Spent 10ex on BiS gear, capped stats, ((good)) roll starforge, 20/20 gems, and minotaur and white mobs one shot me. Useless build for clearing and boss killing. Spend your chaos elsewhere

Your comment kinda scared me out... I was about to start leveling my marauder... Have you tried using fortify was suggested in guide?
You will die to literally any damage in the game. your only defensive is arctic armor and 13% phys reduc from armor. Heavy strike is a garbage ability with the shortest melee range in the game, and you need to be constantly hitting to regen life, and it has passive knockback to push mobs (and bosses) out of reach. Go a molten strike build, I'll be respeccing to lead sprinkler after I resell all my gear.
I dont now what is wrong, besides that i used cyclone for leveling and really have 0 problems in normal maps and rarely die, im a bit disappointed with my heavy strike damage/single target damage vs guardians/shaper. I think my gear is decent enough and i have most of my gems linked to heavy strike with 20 quality but not all. i use rat's nest instead of abyssus and ancestral protector just in a 4link. I still can kill guardians/shaper but the damage looks nowhere near like in the videos. i didnt even expect it to be the same but i never really doing that big hits and it takes some time to kill them.
don't know what is wrong and i can't imagine if i have ancestral in 6link and all gems 20quality i would get that really hard single hits instantly.
i'll maybe just switch to full cyclone build.
"
vexbrazil wrote:
"
turntup1234 wrote:
This build is fucking garbage. Spent 10ex on BiS gear, capped stats, ((good)) roll starforge, 20/20 gems, and minotaur and white mobs one shot me. Useless build for clearing and boss killing. Spend your chaos elsewhere

Your comment kinda scared me out... I was about to start leveling my marauder... Have you tried using fortify was suggested in guide?

I'll share my experience with this build as well, since some recent posts seem to discourage others from trying it.

This is actually the most fun/best build that I've done this league. You definitely need to invest quite a bit until it actually feels good, but once you do, goddamn. I'd recommend at least 6.5k~6.7k life with Abyssus on to have decent survivability. I've also tried alternatives to flicker mentioned in the comments such as lacerate, frost blades, and cyclone. Flicker is SO much faster/better for trash clear, though it might give you a seizure eventually. 5L on starforge and terminus are also entirely doable if you can't afford 6L.

I changed up some links which made the build feel better for me
Helm: change out frenzy for culling strike
Body: 5L AW and one slot for arctic armour
Boots: 2L cwdt(17), ice golem(17) | 2L blasphemy, assassin's mark

Explanation: Not using Frenzy very often, especially since you can just flicker on the boss a bit for some charges. AW doesn't need the 6L, so having a slot for arctic armour is ideal. Summoning golems manually is also a pain in the ass since it dies so frequently, so putting that on cwdt felt much better.

Definitely do give this build a try if you want to fuck up guardians and shaper super quick. Even trash farming is pretty fast if you swap out doedre's for a quicksilver w/ adrenaline flask (or swap out the life flask).

I was able to down shaper with it just now fairly easily. I bought a 5l starforge for Lacerate, and that works much better for clearing. and I put multistrike on heavy strike to get more leech attacks off.
Hello, I have been doing HS since 4 chars now, the first one being my first char in ascendancy as slayer

Finally after a lot of pain HS is pretty strong now with buffed thresholds, the starforge and the new red gems :)

Too bad that after this guide HS enchant went from 20c to exalts, so this post is mainly to say that, tbh, fuck meta
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Hey there,

I tried a similar build I made myself. For those who doesn't understand : 10 ex is really a low investment. I probably used 300ex and I crushed whole content like I never did it before.

Pretty much the same (in better) than the showcase videos. So to be honest, if you are pretty poor, just do not start this build, otherwise you'll laugh after trying to buy your first jewel worth 10ex.

Enjoy and thanks
With the recent post downplaying/flaming the build. Keep in mind (with all builds), gear choices, jewels and map mods *cough* can make a difference in any build setup. I played around with the crit starforge setup and I tell ya guys it's no joke with killing bosses. Of course my investment was close to ~120-150 exalted orbs in gear.

TLDR: play with sub-par gear and play crappy maps, expect a bad time. Good gear with playable map mods...expect fun time.

Used this build as my first character, and I've seen it grow as I've bought new upgrades. Even with a 6L Starforge, 5L Terminus, 5L Belly, I was able to do shaper/guardians very quickly and with few deaths. Now with a near perfect 6L Terminus/belly/starforge, I can ignore nearly all mechanics on all bosses! This build does an absurd amount of damage - Ruthless strike compounded with a crit or 12% enchant proc will stun shaper out of his slam. I can reliable stun the uncreated/unshaped out of their telegraphed slam.

Wonderful build, and it grows very well with more currency invested into it.
"
ceflame wrote:
"
vexbrazil wrote:
"
turntup1234 wrote:

I'll share my experience with this build as well, since some recent posts seem to discourage others from trying it.

This is actually the most fun/best build that I've done this league. You definitely need to invest quite a bit until it actually feels good, but once you do, goddamn. I'd recommend at least 6.5k~6.7k life with Abyssus on to have decent survivability. I've also tried alternatives to flicker mentioned in the comments such as lacerate, frost blades, and cyclone. Flicker is SO much faster/better for trash clear, though it might give you a seizure eventually. 5L on starforge and terminus are also entirely doable if you can't afford 6L.

I changed up some links which made the build feel better for me
Helm: change out frenzy for culling strike
Body: 5L AW and one slot for arctic armour
Boots: 2L cwdt(17), ice golem(17) | 2L blasphemy, assassin's mark

Explanation: Not using Frenzy very often, especially since you can just flicker on the boss a bit for some charges. AW doesn't need the 6L, so having a slot for arctic armour is ideal. Summoning golems manually is also a pain in the ass since it dies so frequently, so putting that on cwdt felt much better.

Definitely do give this build a try if you want to fuck up guardians and shaper super quick. Even trash farming is pretty fast if you swap out doedre's for a quicksilver w/ adrenaline flask (or swap out the life flask).

Thanks for sharing your experience, Celflame. Im in the leveling process atm, but already got top life roll belly, top psych damage starforge and both enchanted helms. I'm glad there are people who try to help others :-).

Also, i'll be able to share my experience in 1-2 days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info