[3.0] The Unshaper | Crit Starforge Heavy Strike | Millions of DPS | Shaper in ~3:30

I just killed shaper with this build, it was pretty easy, you can just jump around until he does his giant beam and then proceed to delete him
"
Here is a link to my pob
https://pastebin.com/042beXxp

If someone can please take a look at it because clearly i am doing something wrong. Clearpseed is fine with flicker but when it comes to bossing i just wipe to shaper. I've done shaper countless times on other classes/builds so I know the mechanics

https://pastebin.com/YV49jiqi

Changed a few things:

Added a few more levels for Assassination and Fatal Blade (huge damage boost, earilier levels don't take too long)
Divined Starforge up to 480/7 (shouldn't be too hard)
Added 12% Attack Speed on Gloves (can be crafted, but you have no open suffixes)
Leveled Heavy Strike to 20 (should be cheap)
Checked "Enemy is maimed" (should be easy to get from Warchief)

Your Ring 2 could probably be improved pretty cheaply.

Improves HS to 1,6 Mil.
Don't forget to add Warchief for damage calculations

Hope that helps
"
johnlennon87 wrote:
I got shaper tonight, but it was pretty ugly. This is my first character attempting him even but it took me several attempts. I think the only reason I got him is just a string of lucky crits which basically nullified quite a few of the mechanics. For me at least, this build can wreck shaper if you can dodge properly and practice the mechanics well but I had trouble timing when to move out of his teleport slam. The dps is great, even with quality gems which I am just now picking up and leveling.

As far as the guardians. I can zerg heavystrike down Minotaur and hydra but for phoenix and chimera I was getting over run with adds. I finally found if i just change back to flicker I can actually just kill those two without even having to use heavy strike. I dont know if its because my crit is high so i can maintain the bouncing easier than most but it seemed to work well.

My biggest problem I feel is just being so slow. Is there any thing besides maybe just using a quicksilver flask to help out? I got 30ms boots and 5% ms on belt but still feel like a slug compared to my last pathfinder scion build. I try to leap jump around the map but that feels clunky and slow as well. Any tips on how to make the playstyle feel faster would be great.

Also looking for tips for any further upgrades. I just finished my jewels not perfect but did get a really nice ones(3crit multi/life). I was thinking about upgrading rings or neck? Not sure how to determine stat weights with path of building so I have just been following the crit / crit multi mindset so far.

Try holding shift while leap slamming, makes it feel a lot better. You don't have to move a lot while mapping (thanks to flicker), and you can just dodge bosses using the leap slam.

On Phoenix, the stacking adds can be annoying, especially when you get him to low life. Use the time you spend dodging the boss to kill the adds (AOE windup, whirling slashes...)
With the gear you have, he should die before he causes too much trouble.

Chimera is not fun on this build, so I'd suggest using some horizon orbs on those maps. Warchief is vital to clear the adds quickly (check my video showcase, even though it's pretty badly played).
Hey guys, i love this build, soo much fun to smash everything :D
but any tips for improvements? feel a bit maxed out, execpt for maybe the jewels...

https://pastebin.com/1rfDFcUW

Pob link is better i guess then posting items^^
Last edited by killeftw on Sep 7, 2017, 2:01:59 PM
The build can do it, but myself I wasted already 3 shapers sets and always get blasted on last phase, either by the beam hitbox being bigger than it looks, can't kill adds fast enough or my pc acting up and dropping the framerate when shaper does the slam and impossible to avoid...
Last edited by Tehoblivion on Sep 7, 2017, 9:16:41 AM
I am currently lvl 88 and I simply cannot level any higher with Flicker Strike, it is too inconsistent, I lack any control and at times I stop because I get stunned, run out of frenzy or whatever it is followed up by a swift death.

What I did was switch out Heavy Strike with Lacerate and only use the Starforge, you will have a much better time!
I invested loads of currency into this build, and it's simply not working out, heavy strike..... sure, it's okayish, but due to flicker not having enough charges, I am simply being melted by lower tier mobs, so i'm off selling my gems on standard (brutality, ruthless).
Any tier 16 boss I attempt to do I get 1 shot @6500 hp, resist capped and all. HELP!!
"
Xevosh wrote:
"
Here is a link to my pob
https://pastebin.com/042beXxp

If someone can please take a look at it because clearly i am doing something wrong. Clearpseed is fine with flicker but when it comes to bossing i just wipe to shaper. I've done shaper countless times on other classes/builds so I know the mechanics

https://pastebin.com/YV49jiqi

Changed a few things:

Added a few more levels for Assassination and Fatal Blade (huge damage boost, earilier levels don't take too long)
Divined Starforge up to 480/7 (shouldn't be too hard)
Added 12% Attack Speed on Gloves (can be crafted, but you have no open suffixes)
Leveled Heavy Strike to 20 (should be cheap)
Checked "Enemy is maimed" (should be easy to get from Warchief)

Your Ring 2 could probably be improved pretty cheaply.

Improves HS to 1,6 Mil.
Don't forget to add Warchief for damage calculations

Hope that helps

Thanks for the tips. I'll do some beachhead rota's to level to 90 then try again with the new nodes added. Also does path of building calculate heavy strike dealing double damage from thresholds?
Last edited by MrDuckle on Sep 7, 2017, 10:56:06 PM
I killed corrupted rare T16 Chimera and Minotaur yesterday, died on both bosses once. Iam just Lv86 and didnt even use the unique jewels for Heavy STrike. Damage-wise this build feels great, and defense-wise also, as long as you dont get one hit :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info