3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

Hopefully by the time I get to the RF switch ill be able to afford it. Ive been RF last 3 leagues and I don't feel like switching yet!
Its been almost a year since I read this thread. Is there a page that lists the 1-18 tree 18-36 tree etc paths as you level up anywhere?
Quick question Safel's vs Rise of the phoenix, what's the deal ?
Saffels and Phoenix are all about getting up your maximum resistances which are hugely important for working with the degen of RF. The higher you can get the max fire the better RF will work. Max is (90%) fire resistance (expensive to get to 90) .

I switched early because i hate other skills lol. I am just in maps and spent a few C on crap gear. I am really going to push damage this league as i feel i over invested in surviving last build and didn't have the balance right..yeah i was super tanky but wasn't killing the single targets fast enough. I think to use Jugg with all the bosses this league pushing damage will be important..

please don't take my comments as being an authority I am new to RF but I am learning.

Man i hope we I don't struggle getting RF gear this league. I am running trash and rituals are feeling squishy for some but that is because i only have 2nd ascendancy done and my setup is weird until i can get things sorted.

Chaos are flowing ok so far but no big drops. I am surprised with the quality of some of the gear in the ritual rewards. Especially generic mapping gear atm. Making a fair few C on flipping out of it.

this league is strange, alot of small drops comes from the ritual league and on top of hiest u get alot of small currencies, this inturn will make the more big stuff more expensive later

started maiven tree. atlas about 45/x completed. still using garbage but will switch to clusters soon once i get enough currency.

after making the switch at lv77 haven't died yet.

also, non cluster isn't as bad as i thought, since i was stuck without clusters for so long.

gear isn't so welfare anymore, getting better stuff soon
Last edited by zheng738 on Jan 18, 2021, 4:12:56 AM
"
jhhoodlum wrote:
Saffels and Phoenix are all about getting up your maximum resistances which are hugely important for working with the degen of RF. The higher you can get the max fire the better RF will work. Max is (90%) fire resistance (expensive to get to 90) .

I switched early because i hate other skills lol. I am just in maps and spent a few C on crap gear. I am really going to push damage this league as i feel i over invested in surviving last build and didn't have the balance right..yeah i was super tanky but wasn't killing the single targets fast enough. I think to use Jugg with all the bosses this league pushing damage will be important..

please don't take my comments as being an authority I am new to RF but I am learning.

Man i hope we I don't struggle getting RF gear this league. I am running trash and rituals are feeling squishy for some but that is because i only have 2nd ascendancy done and my setup is weird until i can get things sorted.

Chaos are flowing ok so far but no big drops. I am surprised with the quality of some of the gear in the ritual rewards. Especially generic mapping gear atm. Making a fair few C on flipping out of it.

I was asking which shield in which situation, and don't worry i won't get butthurt, i'm playing RF since few years already thanks to rhah & zheng, this thread basically taught me how to PoE
Is Doon or Doriyan Catalyst a think of the past? Do those exist anymore? Used to use those for this build.
"
Haattila wrote:
"
jhhoodlum wrote:

I was asking which shield in which situation, and don't worry i won't get butthurt, i'm playing RF since few years already thanks to rhah & zheng, this thread basically taught me how to PoE

Saffel's Frame: +4 all max res, but you lose ability to block attacks

Rise of the Phoenix: +5 max fire (was +8 fire like 2 yearss ago)

My opinion:
Saffel's is the way to go if you follow this RF Jugger / Chieftain build. Rise of the Phoenix was used in the time were it still had 8% max fire and is currently revived again from some other RF builds (like mana RF) which are utiliing block mechanics (which Saffel's prevent).

Besides those shields there are further options like crafted rare shield, 2handed and dual wield. All have there sweet spots, but Saffel's is already a pretty solid way to go and with a good corruption BiS for the average RF player in my humble opinion.

Best regards
Bernhart

Last edited by Bernhart on Jan 18, 2021, 11:13:41 AM
"
Is Doon or Doriyan Catalyst a think of the past? Do those exist anymore? Used to use those for this build.

They still exist, but there seems to be a problem with trade sites currently. If you want to seach for an item you need to change the setting from "online only" to "any". Based on this you should be able to find the listings.

Best regards
Bernhart
Last question is what are the 6L skills and the newer gem links? Seems to be different from when I last played.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info