3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
thanks for the help, silly question Why would you need +1 to curse and which is better for low tier map farming "brew" or curse. Then when when it comes time for end game bosses what would be the better set up as far as gems that would be of use?

You can run only 1 curse at a time as basic. If you have flammability, you can't run despair aura as well, they will basically overwrite each other, as in you have flammability, you hit the flask, witchfire brew will overwrite your flammability with despair aura.

To have both of them running at the same time, you need either +1 to curses on a gear, some corrupted amulet or something, or you take the 4 extra points from the passive tree to +1 additional curse on enemies.

For low map tier farming, 2 curses+speed flasks would be ideal, everything melts away fast. For high tier maps,and end game, witchfire is ok but it's more for the increased damage over time effect, high end bosses have extreme resistances so your curses will have only a tiny effect on them.

For end game content, you need life, the more life you can get the better, more endurance charges that go with the ascendancies for the extra damage, for gems purity of ice is a nice thing, since elder has a ton of cold damage and shaper also has cold damage skills.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jul 7, 2018, 6:19:28 AM
Hi,

Currently lvl 85. Aiming for lvl 92.
Gear/jewels/flasks in spoiler :
Spoiler
This is my gear :

My jewels :

And my flasks :

Any advice for improving this ?
Thanks lot.
was bored and was looking through the tree and any thoughts on sacrificing life for dmg nodes Ex. explosive impact? or would the health loss be worse
"
CoyoteUgly wrote:
was bored and was looking through the tree and any thoughts on sacrificing life for dmg nodes Ex. explosive impact? or would the health loss be worse

Now the cool thing about rf is the higher the life pool the more dps you get from the skill.
Basically your hp scales the dmg the skill words it like this " you burn for 90% of your life per second, also burn enemies for 90% of your life per second." So the more health you can actually get the more dps you will do which is why kaom's heart is a must have for the build 500 flat life. What dmg nodes do is make the % of life burned rate higher which you need balance life regen and damage or else you kill yourself.

From what I understand you also benefit from +%# elemental damage and +%# fire damage which I am not sure it applies to you being burned for it or not, but I do know it increases your kill time.

So in short just go for life increases to buff your damage and life regen to mitigate the life loss and bolster your defense. Alot of the time you can get the build to not degen going this route.
Also another thing get a witchfire brew it is pretty much a huge dmg increase and it is up 90% of the time it almost doubles dmg delt by rf.
"
Nosferat wrote:
But if you want to go towards endgame content, I would say try and focus on life+endurance charges as flammability will become meaningless in high tier fights.

It gives around 25% more damage against trash. Which is helpful for high tier Breaches, Abysses, and Incursions. Especially if the map has "+40% Monster Elemental Resistance" mod. Flammability is even more effective in that case.

The damage increase against bosses is indeed negligible. And it comes at a cost of survivability, since you have to give up four or five %life nodes, and bonuses from a third Purity aura.

I wouldn't say that it's the best route for everyone. But i personally find that my survivability is good enough, and i'd rather have the extra damage.
"
alpihun wrote:

1. About the jewels. Life recovery watchers eye is like 20+ ex on standard, so it is out of question so far, but is the might of the meek worth it? It would give me 300 life and like 100 regen for the price of 2 damage mod on a jewel. It's defensively better, but offensively worse than a good two modded jewel. If you need 5 int, then it's straight up better. A good three modded jewel beats it though.

2. Can't figure out why orb of storms is at level 17? That's when the benefits stop. You can level higher if you want.

3. I'm using bloodgrip for the bleed mitigation, I think its allright for lab, isn't it? It's a good starter amulet. Your marble amulet is better though.

4. Immortal call is not recommended for general usage, but I'm still experimenting with it, because it's nice for traps and while fighting izaro the immortality duration is more than enough to get back to full charges again. Should I use it or just forget it definitely? Maybe if I get an enduring cry belt (atm I don't have any sockets left for it and it doesn't seem that important to have for labs). Well, if you are able to get charges back in time all the time, then it's fine to use it.

5. Is Fortify that important? I'm not using it now bc of having orb of storms and shield charge together to make place for the immortal call. If I lose immortal call I could include it along with culling strike (nice to have against izaro third phase). I would lose the crit on my shield charge which doesn't seem that big of a deal in labs. - but again, having no place left for portal/lightning warp swap is just really incovenient I don't use it, but it depends how much damage you are taking. I'd try running without it and see how you fare.

6. I'm still experimenting with my flasks, need some affixes changed, but is there any specific flask really good for izaro/ traps which is not included in the guide? Also, what do you think about divination distillate? Life regen and max resistances are insane and the rarity/quantity is just nice to have anytime. Basalt and Rumi's are good defensive flasks. Forbidden Taste is really good on hard hitting bosses. It heals you to full instantly. You should be using that in-place of regular hp flask. Distillate stops working when your life pool is full, so i don't see it being that useful.

7. Aside from getting the recommended 20/20 and 21/20 gems, what would be the next affordable upgrade in my gear? Essence crafted helmet with burning damage or conc effect.
Whats the priority of items?
Dunno what to upgrade next.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ghato123/characters
Thanks for this guide! Been a while since I've used a proper life-based RF build. This is easily the strongest one I've used in a temp league, almost as strong as the LLRF one I ran in Abyss (Ahfack's Guardian build). A bit pricey to get proper gear for. I started Incursion league about 3 weeks into it. Rolled a THICC JUGG to farm lab with, and bought pieces for this build here and there until I had what I needed to respec into RF. Admittedly the stuff I'm rocking right now ain't all that great, but for the 12-15ex I've invested so far it's not too bad. Especially given how easy most content is with it.

Here's what I'm working with at the moment:

Spoiler

Overall, I'm really pleased with this set up. Thanks again!
Last edited by wrathchild619 on Jul 8, 2018, 1:38:06 AM
"
rhah wrote:
"
alpihun wrote:

1. About the jewels. Life recovery watchers eye is like 20+ ex on standard, so it is out of question so far, but is the might of the meek worth it? It would give me 300 life and like 100 regen for the price of 2 damage mod on a jewel. It's defensively better, but offensively worse than a good two modded jewel. If you need 5 int, then it's straight up better. A good three modded jewel beats it though.

2. Can't figure out why orb of storms is at level 17? That's when the benefits stop. You can level higher if you want.

3. I'm using bloodgrip for the bleed mitigation, I think its allright for lab, isn't it? It's a good starter amulet. Your marble amulet is better though.

4. Immortal call is not recommended for general usage, but I'm still experimenting with it, because it's nice for traps and while fighting izaro the immortality duration is more than enough to get back to full charges again. Should I use it or just forget it definitely? Maybe if I get an enduring cry belt (atm I don't have any sockets left for it and it doesn't seem that important to have for labs). Well, if you are able to get charges back in time all the time, then it's fine to use it.

5. Is Fortify that important? I'm not using it now bc of having orb of storms and shield charge together to make place for the immortal call. If I lose immortal call I could include it along with culling strike (nice to have against izaro third phase). I would lose the crit on my shield charge which doesn't seem that big of a deal in labs. - but again, having no place left for portal/lightning warp swap is just really incovenient I don't use it, but it depends how much damage you are taking. I'd try running without it and see how you fare.

6. I'm still experimenting with my flasks, need some affixes changed, but is there any specific flask really good for izaro/ traps which is not included in the guide? Also, what do you think about divination distillate? Life regen and max resistances are insane and the rarity/quantity is just nice to have anytime. Basalt and Rumi's are good defensive flasks. Forbidden Taste is really good on hard hitting bosses. It heals you to full instantly. You should be using that in-place of regular hp flask. Distillate stops working when your life pool is full, so i don't see it being that useful.

7. Aside from getting the recommended 20/20 and 21/20 gems, what would be the next affordable upgrade in my gear? Essence crafted helmet with burning damage or conc effect.

Thanks for you answers, now I'm all clear.

Tho its sad to hear that I'm at a point where the next upgrade is from blindly spamming two-exalted essences (standard prices..), even the 20 ex watchers eye sounds much more affordable.

PS: With some playing around in PoB, I found out that a helm with both conc effect and burning damage has the same damage as the horror + either of them. Considering that I have an increased aoe gem in all the cases (it just feels clunky without it).
My point is, the 2 support elder helm can be more easily crafted or bought for 2-3 exalted, so I'm think I'm going for it now. If there were no miscalculations.

Then later, both supports and the horror essence, but now its just a whole other level.
Last edited by alpihun on Jul 8, 2018, 8:17:59 AM
Hey, Rhah

Thanks for the build! Honestly, one the biggest benefits for this build is no damn 6-linking as RNG hates me. So besides that, selling all those jewellers and fusing orbs for upgrades is so much better. Tho items for the build are expensive and I was pretty much sniping upgrades all the league.
I was making character to farm guardians and try uber this league myself. Results with this build are impressive:
All guardians dead, the only harder is phoenix, others are just face tank.
Shaper is piece of cake, deathless even from first try.
Uber Elder deathless first try. Still takes some preparation

My Gear:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info